PES 2008 (PS2) - Official Topic

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned but there is a europe C and extra teams for tournerments like copa america. But you can't play as them. I don't know if theres a way to unlock them or what but its winding me up as I know faroe Islands are on the game but I can only play against them not as them.

I do apologise if this has been mentioned earlier but there are 300 posts and well its a lot to look through for one point.

Thanks

Jimmie

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned but there is a europe C and extra teams for tournerments like copa america. But you can't play as them. I don't know if theres a way to unlock them or what but its winding me up as I know faroe Islands are on the game but I can only play against them not as them.

I do apologise if this has been mentioned earlier but there are 300 posts and well its a lot to look through for one point.

Thanks

Jimmie

I didn't notice that you couldn't play as them until you said it, hmmm, maybe you unlock them by buying teams in PES-Shop then?

I didn't notice that you couldn't play as them until you said it, hmmm, maybe you unlock them by buying teams in PES-Shop then?

Theres nothing in the shop that says you can buy them, but i dunno. I can't see the point in creating acurate teams and then not allowing you to play as them. Its kinda annoying. I mean it adds to the realism of the cups but I want to play as them as well.

Jimmie

Mate, all I hear is kiddies pissed off that there's no new tricks, but the gaping defensive lapses, the holes between defense and midfield you can drive a truck through, the button mashing because nobody can gain control of the fcuken thing and the other FATAL flaws seem overlooked with most people here.

This is not football. Utterly disappointed.

Can you take control of a CPU-team during a league, eg Serie A. Cant do that in ps3 version - SUCKS!

Thanks man

And Di Canio :)

But tricks alone don't make the game better, i could point to the world tour mode and more editing and stadia on PS2.
But that doesn't add anything good to gameplay for me.

ARE THERE MORE STADIUMS ? Old Trafford, Highbury,The Bernabeu and the Italian STADIUMS ARE NOT MENTIONED ON OFFICIAL SITES ?

Online mode for the PS2 is absolutely SHOCKING, I haven't completed a game yet because it constantly freezes and has extreme lag, they need to fix this problem ASAP!

I actually had 3 great games against another guy from Holland today, with very little Lag.

Other games have been laggy/disconnected though.

ARE THERE MORE STADIUMS ? Old Trafford, Highbury,The Bernabeu and the Italian STADIUMS ARE NOT MENTIONED ON OFFICIAL SITES ?

I'm just repeating what i heard on this site and others,
I've not played the game yet, so i don't know.

Lifelong PES fan - Have just played my first few games of this on PS3

This is the best I've felt about a new PES in a long time, love the weight of the ball, feels just spot on, pings around nicely and is gloriously smooth when played in far or wide camera. Seems quite easy (but satisfying) to score but only playing on regular.

Frame rate in replays is disappointing but I reckon they'll patch it - thats the good thing about being able to download direct.

Not been online yet though

Id just like to say that I bought pes 2008 for ps2 today and im absolutley disgusted! Its Pants with a capital P there are no boots the editing is crap and its no different from pes6 in fact its worse! what are konami thinking? Proper let down

pes2008 is great stop cry and start enjoy it

A 100% with you on this one! People should be ashamed. You know, when i start reading a post that says the game sucks because you can´t edit boots,the crowd isn´t improved, etc. Or even things like: "shait! when they´re going to include linemans in the pitch and not only in shortcuts when offside". It really makes me laugh to tears. The game is great,my god! it´s not the same as PES6, take your time to play and enjoy it.

Cheers

RAG74

A 100% with you on this one! People should be ashamed. You know, when i start reading a post that says the game sucks because you can´t edit boots,the crowd isn´t improved, etc. Or even things like: "shait! when they´re going to include linemans in the pitch and not only in shortcuts when offside". It really makes me laugh to tears. The game is great,my god! it´s not the same as PES6, take your time to play and enjoy it.

Cheers

RAG74

It is identical to Pro Evo 6. I'd love to know what these differences are that people are spotting. It plays exactly the same as before. In fact I reckon if you saw two videos of the gameplace, one of Pro Evo 6 and one of 2008 you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

no.
but trust me the next gen version is a bit shit.
I have a feeling i should have got it on PS2.

i think so, at least you've got scenario mode and better editing on PS2 though.

You can dribble the length of the pitch with Nesta on PS3 LOL.

Game play is slightly different, which is important.
But it is similar to pes6, and the fact we can only have 60 badges on the game now is disappointing for an editing point of view. It makes my OF pretty useless.

I've never posted on this site partyl cos i just get some nice chaps making us a patch or two to make our ps2 version all licensed up. I've religiously followed iss/pro evo through all its guises and this version is shameful. I only say that because in previous versions Konami deliver sucha big step forward that improves the game be it a better defense or new tricks or different game play that takes a good learning curve to get into. I think this time konami have lost why it was people loved pes. A huge part of my experience was the editing and getting the players bang on with boots and stuff sad i know but thats why I liked the game. No boot editing generic haircuts and the faces in this game are so terrible. Some of the ones that were accurate in pes6 have been totally messed up!!!1 look at gattuso and van der sar there faces in the last one were not that bad so why change them!!! im not even gonna start with the england team beckham, lampard, gerrard!! it took me a minute to actually figure out who lampard was when i saw him on the screen. the little touches and attention to detail is what i love about pes and things like celebrations and free kick styles being accurate are why we all fell in love with it in the first place. its like they totally couldnt be arsed with this version and just spent all the money on the xbox and ps3 version knowing we would buy it cos we're mugs and love the game.

I got winning eleven club championships not long ago and the attention to detail on the faces in the japanese league was superb. I thought with a couple of good move additions a tweak of the gameplay some additions to the license and some new screens and animations and this game has the potential to be a brilliant last hoorah for my pes collection. Instead im left feeling a bit cheated that they couldnt have put the effort into making it as some of the guys do patching and and we do playing and enjoying it.

Everybody can enjoy the game for different reasons and for some the game maybe great but I think for the fans like me who enjoy the eidting side and were looking forward to that detail and new moves, new additions, better faces, boots, diving, shirt pulling, better animations etc have been left with a bitter taste in their mouths.

and lawros commentary!!!! christ he sounds like a 10 year old reading the most half arsed script. rubbish

bad konami, the game aint terrible but we expected more guys!!! :(

I wanted to vent my frustration somewhere for no reason so this seems the best place to do it.

This game is shit.
And no, I will not give constructive criticism as I cannot be arsed.

Utter pants.

I was reading the posts here for the last few days and like so many ppl was debating if to buy it or not on the ps2 because i really enjoy my 'milanista OF' PES6 but i thought fuk it its only £22 so i went and got it this morning after footy.After giving the missus a few lies as to me going upstairs for a 'lay down' put the game on played a match Arsenal vs Zagreb won 2-1 and thought obviously its not a big difference but you can tell its a bit looser, a bit more freedom to the game.
Well no matter what it just felt better to me, anyway added all the logos to prem teams from PES6 Data and looked good but im a bit frustrated with some editing things removed like we all are (those who edit anyway) but so far so good and im glad i brought it in the end

Back
Top Bottom