PES 2008 (PS2) - Official Topic

going to try tommorrow to play online i didnt really enjoy the lagging in pes 6 online but guess its worth a try see how it is have heard though, the servers are currently dogshit! so ill post back with some comments if anyones interested

I dont know why konami removed a big chunk of the editing modes from the game.For boot fans and appearence fans,this game would be a big disappointment.No changing of special hairstyles and no branded boots and the generic boots can only changed colours without choosing any sort of templates.

Of all the english teams,I dont know why they choose Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspurs to be liscenced clubs.They are not even the big 5.

About the gameplay,there is a slight difference and a couple of new animations but thats just it.Someone here spoke of the randomness of shots and I feel its true.I believe I will go back to my perfectlyu patched PES6.

Yes Abhishek, it is.

Just bought the game on Saturday and it's not bad. Still has that dumb thing where players pressures and don't give you room to breath.

I also found that it is easier to dribble past people, which is fun.

Anyone else feels dissapointed they removed the International Challenge mode ? That mode was the best, shouldnt have removed that.

Can people keep the discussion in here STRICTLY for the PS2 version of PES2008?

Other than that,can anyone confirm with me that certain options in the editing mode,like changing of hairstyles and boots can be unlocked by winning cups?

Anyone else feels dissapointed they removed the International Challenge mode ? That mode was the best, shouldnt have removed that.
You can do a International Challenge mode.

Go to the Cup mode and when you're in the cup settings, choose a national cup competition you want to play in; for example you choose International Cup. Go the second to last option and choose Qualifiers.

Thats basically the International Challenge mode.

Not only that guys but you how on pes6 there was 128 or something slots for edited team badges or crests whatever you call it. Now there is only 30. I tried to port over my ones from pes6 and it only let me do 30 then ran out of "space", WTF Konami!!!Its not like this is a fucking budget title for 4.99 its a full priced game which doesn't have full contents. However lets not knock the gameplay cos thts still pretty good, like pes6 but a little more polished. I have always found with Konami its one step forward and 2 steps back. Think on this occasion the commentary is the step forward and the lack of PS3 functions and edit mode limitations are the steps back (to name a few). Personally i think that without being superficial it is still a top game. If you really want to go and edit hairstyles and attire go play sims, this is about the football!

i really think pes2008 is the worst pes-game in years: not only did they take out the world-tour-mode, not only does online play suck, not only is there terrible slow down in all games... no, konami even mangaged to take out the possibility to play against a human opponent in cup and league mode! they did this already with pes2 on the playstation2 and now they did it again:

when you want to play a world cup against a friend (you are team x, he is playing with team z) it was always possible to play EVERY game against each other - if you were playing with your team x, the other player was always able to play the other team (not team z!) by moving the controler on the player settings to the other team. not they have taken this out and you are not longer able to play a whole cup or league!

does anybody know a trick or a cheat to this?
can this feature be adresses in a patch?

please help me as this feature was always the one for me!
thanks

You can do a International Challenge mode.

Go to the Cup mode and when you're in the cup settings, choose a national cup competition you want to play in; for example you choose International Cup. Go the second to last option and choose Qualifiers.

Thats basically the International Challenge mode.

Are you really sure of this? ^^ Well i cant when i put the option to play the International Cup, it doesnt let me play the Qualifiers! What a crap. In competion type it only says Group League.But it does let me play qualifiers for the European Cup, and other cups.

Well, yet another stupid decision made by Konami, because being able to play the qualifiers for the World Cup it should be a MUST for every decent football game.

I guess, since they added the unrealistic World Tour, they ran out of space to put in the International Challenge Mode. I guess they think since the World Cup has passed the EURO Cup rules now.

For me it seems they lack of common sense and not to mention they lied to us by omitting in the advertising of PES 2008 that the ps2 version didnt include all those new movements they so cheerfully advertised for all versions!.

is TeamVision in PS2-PES08?

i have only PS2Version ,and have played a few match,but really cant feel "TeamVision".....

can someone who both have PS3 and PS2 Version tell me ,is TeamVision really in PS2-PES08?

THX

Are you really sure of this? ^^ Well i cant when i put the option to play the International Cup, it doesnt let me play the Qualifiers! What a crap. In competion type it only says Group League.But it does let me play qualifiers for the European Cup, and other cups.
Well i haven't tried it for the International Mode. I was just using that as an example.

I remember playing the Asian Cup and it had the Qualifiers option.

Does anyone know where i can get a strategy guide or at least a list of moves for pes 2008 for ps2 i know most of the moves are the same but i lost my old list could someone help me out i dont feel like buying the book

Anyone playing World Tour mode. Am stuck at the challenge where I'm supposed to dribble and score. Dribbled the keeper by rounding him up using the directional buttons and by using the body swerve( Shoot then press X) then score but am not getting the credit for the dribble and score thing, Any idea how I'm supposed to do this??

guys,
excuse me for intruding I have been hearing you say for three years in a row that pes is a let down, it's not football, that there is and there is that. you seem all to forget this is just a computer game, it's not football just a game.
if you really want to play football get dirty, there are some good clubs near your house with need of good experiences players like you all seem.

also programming is not easy.. there might be a full team working and all I can do is to look up in aweand say how did they achieve this. even windows has bugs, flaws. nothing is perfect.
well just my point of view. my motto is criticize if you can do better.

Anyone playing World Tour mode. Am stuck at the challenge where I'm supposed to dribble and score. Dribbled the keeper by rounding him up using the directional buttons and by using the body swerve( Shoot then press X) then score but am not getting the credit for the dribble and score thing, Any idea how I'm supposed to do this??

dribble but don't shoot. you have to walk in the ball in your feet into the net.

on no iv'e been playing next gen before playing the ps2 version, iv'e never been a graphics whore before but the ps2 version looks fucking awful...i know people have knocked next gen graphics but compared to the ps2 it's 100% better

gameplay on the ps2 is better but it's really hard adjusting from next gen to old gen

Back
Top Bottom