patch 1.03 out!!!

The new patch v1.03 has certainly improved the game. It has improved to such an extent that it feels like the perfect game. I'm not talking about the balls and boots. I'm referring to the gameplay. The biggest changes to gameplay after the v1.03 patch are (i) gamespeed (ii) dribbling (iii) passing (iv) goalkeepers and (v) referees.

(i) Gamespeed: It is certainly slower than before. With every patch, the game speed has been coming down, which is very good. Overall, the pace of the game is very very realistic. It feels more like football than a video game now.

(ii) Dribbling: Now the dribbling animations are smoother. The jerky movements are very very less now. The dribbling speed has also been reduced. Only yesterday, I could sprint from the right defending corner to right attacking corner with someone like Bosingwa in a flash. After the update, even with Lennon, though I could see he is one of the paciest players, I take more time to cover the pitch. The dribbling animations and speed are just about perfect now.

(iii) Passing: The short passing speed has been lowered. Earlier, the so-called 'ping-pong' existed for any player with a passing ability of more than 75 points. Now, only players with above 90 points short passing speed ability pass the ball at these speeds. The short passing speed of anyone (most of the players) who have a short passing speed of less than 90, is now very realistic. Only now, even in top matches like Chelsea vs Man Utd, you can see the ball receiver waiting for the ball to reach him before he makes his move. Earlier the ball used to zip across the pitch. Now it's very realistic. I also feel that the passing is lot more freer than it was before. The variety of attacking moves I'm able to make now are a testimony to this.

(iv) Goalkeepers: Improvement in goalkeepers. No more silly parries. They keep very well. They parry it when they have to. Basically, I think they now play true to their goalkeeping player abilities.

(v) Referees: They are certainly stricter. More fouls are being called. More penalties are given. They can still go wrong either ways but they can be error-prone but not scandalous as they were before.

What still needs to happen? The defenders, especially the side backs have to be lot more sharper and ruthless. They need to read the game better and anticipate attacking moves. They need to tackle more frequently and throw their bodies when it matters. Also, some of the stadiums I find unplayable due to the pitch graphics or lighting. Rest are fine with me.

For me, Winning Eleven 2010 was already a revelation and it is way better than PES 2010. With this patch, this game has got so much better. I'm loving it. This is not out of imagination, exaggeration or placebo effect. I have experienced all those things mentioned above. And, I'm writing this after playing several offline games. Having spent more than 20-30 hours in editing and testing alone, I can certainly see the difference when it's there.

We have got closer to a very perfect football game.

The new patch v1.03 has certainly improved the game. It has improved to such an extent that it feels like the perfect game. I'm not talking about the balls and boots. I'm referring to the gameplay. The biggest changes to gameplay after the v1.03 patch are (i) gamespeed (ii) dribbling (iii) passing (iv) goalkeepers and (v) referees.

(i) Gamespeed: It is certainly slower than before. With every patch, the game speed has been coming down, which is very good. Overall, the pace of the game is very very realistic. It feels more like football than a video game now.

(ii) Dribbling: Now the dribbling animations are smoother. The jerky movements are very very less now. The dribbling speed has also been reduced. Only yesterday, I could sprint from the right defending corner to right attacking corner with someone like Bosingwa in a flash. After the update, even with Lennon, though I could see he is one of the paciest players, I take more time to cover the pitch. The dribbling animations and speed are just about perfect now.

(iii) Passing: The short passing speed has been lowered. Earlier, the so-called 'ping-pong' existed for any player with a passing ability of more than 75 points. Now, only players with above 90 points short passing speed ability pass the ball at these speeds. The short passing speed of anyone (most of the players) who have a short passing speed of less than 90, is now very realistic. Only now, even in top matches like Chelsea vs Man Utd, you can see the ball receiver waiting for the ball to reach him before he makes his move. Earlier the ball used to zip across the pitch. Now it's very realistic. I also feel that the passing is lot more freer than it was before. The variety of attacking moves I'm able to make now are a testimony to this.

(iv) Goalkeepers: Improvement in goalkeepers. No more silly parries. They keep very well. They parry it when they have to. Basically, I think they now play true to their goalkeeping player abilities.

(v) Referees: They are certainly stricter. More fouls are being called. More penalties are given. They can still go wrong either ways but they can be error-prone but not scandalous as they were before.

What still needs to happen? The defenders, especially the side backs have to be lot more sharper and ruthless. They need to read the game better and anticipate attacking moves. They need to tackle more frequently and throw their bodies when it matters. Also, some of the stadiums I find unplayable due to the pitch graphics or lighting. Rest are fine with me.

For me, Winning Eleven 2010 was already a revelation and it is way better than PES 2010. With this patch, this game has got so much better. I'm loving it. This is not out of imagination, exaggeration or placebo effect. I have experienced all those things mentioned above. And, I'm writing this after playing several offline games. Having spent more than 20-30 hours in editing and testing alone, I can certainly see the difference when it's there.

gee, is so a different game from 1.0?

wonder why konami just stated "new boots and balls" on changelog...

Hello.
In Become a legend mode there are no teams from Spanish Primera. It's all filled with teams from league 2 of Germany. I had this problem with 1.2 patch and I thought that new patch (1.3) gonna solve this bug but it isn't. A lot of people have this bug, but I haven't seen any advices which would help. Any ideas?

In top player the game certainly doesn't feel as if it's cheating quite so much. Some of the original ai was absolutely ludicrous but it seems more refined now.

I'm still not getting anything off the refs though :RANT:

It's sound good, but it's wired, all the changes you said, can be easily be called Pes2011, this is huge changes for only update patch. i will try this patch, but i don't want that it will ruin my ML.

I did one game with 1.3, barca vs real, didn't feel any change in gameplay, nothing.. i saw only the new boots. same game speed, in purpose i took the best players in the game to see how it's affect on them.. same GK's.. i don't know, for my opinion it's look the same.

I did one game with 1.3, barca vs real, didn't feel any change in gameplay, nothing.. i saw only the new boots. same game speed, in purpose i took the best players in the game to see how it's affect on them.. same GK's.. i don't know, for my opinion it's look the same.

maybe try to re-install patch correctly,i've seen big steps forward in terms of responsiveness, slower gameplay, refs now more balanced, moew smoother animations, an improved ball physic, and not to forget now AI is much smarter, attack more open spaces very challenging.

well i have to say 1.3 has certainly made the gameplay alot better, now less jerky moves in animations especially close ball control needs improvement

maybe try to re-install patch correctly,i've seen big steps forward in terms of responsiveness, slower gameplay, refs now more balanced, moew smoother animations, an improved ball physic, and not to forget now AI is much smarter, attack more open spaces very challenging.

what do you suggest? re-install what patch? , i downloaded the update from the "download" in the game , there is other install or something?

well done konami if only you have had all these things in the game the date it was released, well it payed off certainly, please in future with the next years adition allow the game to be completed fully so we don't complain and torture programmers and coders, thankyou, my opinion and rating of the game is now 9.7 the highest ever iv given the game in this series

Have people got kitserver working with this new patch? I can't get my kitserver to install. Any solutions?

don't know if othe guys got same problem, but when i play online my pc crash now after installing 1.03

I've original game, a good fast PC (AMD 5200+, 4 gb ram, ati 512 mb - lan DLINK DS24T connected at 20mb )
Till now i played online with no issues (apart the damn AMD/INTEL bug)
I installed the patch 1.03 and finally i was happy to play also with intel customers, i.e many friends of mine.
At first i noticed that after made 1 match (perfect, with no lag), before of second match while setting the team, PES program close automatically.
So i have to restart again PES and enter again online.
I enter, play online and after a while (let's say after finishing another match or also during thee second hald near to the 90th minutes, PC crash
)
I noticed also that my light connection is grey (but i have NO LAG ) neverthenless my tested speed is as always at medium of 12 mb (I have a lan of 20mb)

As said I didn't get problem with 1.02 when connected online, JUST NOW WITH THIS NEW PATCH :RANT:
any got same problem?

thanks in advance
ALF

(in other italian forum i read same problem of a guy with Intel)

I dont understand why they decide not to mention it in their patch release notes? very strange.

What about the response delays? have they been fixed?

Last edited:
I dont understand why they decide not to mention it in their patch release notes? very strange.

What about the response delays? have they been fixed?

they never did it in any of their previous patch releases.

The response delay has been completely fixed, now gameplay is smooth as butter.

Back
Top Bottom