Operation Flashpoint 2 Xbox 360, PS3 and PC

In single player you only play as the USMC. In multiplayer I think you can play as either USMC or PLA but I dont know for sure as I cant try out multiplayer since my Xbox LIVE gold has run out recently.

I must say though for my initial impressions im quite impressed. Obviously dont expect anything like COD or other typical run n gun FPS. This is a slow, tactical, military simulation.

i got my copy today but diddnt get a chance to play it plus my xbox live is about to run out. fucking MS. paying to play online. what a fucking cockup

8.1 from IGN, I think I'll be passing up on this one, after my experience of the last Flashpoint on Xbox and playing on Live, dont really want to relive that.

Alright, enough of this shite, that added nothing to the thread Rad, we get it, you dont like to pay for XB Live Gold, I dont either and I have it as my Sig on it. But every couple of fucking days some spooner drags the whole PSN is better than XB Live out of their ass, to keep it bubbling along adds nothing to the forum. The FIFA vs PES threads are more than enough in terms of arguments. So thats it, no more, the next person I see in this area of the site will get a 3 day temporary ban for taking a thread down that route.

The Ban Master is back.

i did not even see the above POST!!!! check teh time i posted it for crying out loud. i get an infaction without warning!

Last edited:
Alright, enough of this shite, that added nothing to the thread Rad, we get it, you dont like to pay for XB Live Gold, I dont either and I have it as my Sig on it. But every couple of fucking days some spooner drags the whole PSN is better than XB Live out of their ass, to keep it bubbling along adds nothing to the forum. The FIFA vs PES threads are more than enough in terms of arguments. So thats it, no more, the next person I see in this area of the site will get a 3 day temporary ban for taking a thread down that route.

The Ban Master is back.

ahh crap i diddnt see this post. do i still get banned? lol hope not. i'l edit my post if need be.

The Ban Master is back.

Haha so It's okay to say things against the PSN like Tim threw in and like many many others do all across this site but you can never say anything about the XBL subscription fee? Give over.. 'hey don't anyone slag off XBL or dare hint that PSN is better than XBL or I'll ban you.

That's as daft as when Johnny was banned for saying that people were playing some game a week or 2 before it's actual release because 'it was out (with a wink wink similey face)' and yet those on the forums who openly admitted having pirated version of games and were posting their opinions on it were perfectly acceptable.

I wasn't aware that every post we make on this site HAD to be 100% on topic and relevant to the subject matter and that if you don't have something of substance to add to the thread then you can piss off and just not bother posting. Now you've made me aware of that I'll know for future and censor myself from posting such crap and before this post infringes on those rules I'll keep it on topic with something I've been wanting to ask.

Question for you BillyBoy.

Is the game as 'hardcore' and 'sim' like as it used to be? I've read comments like 'Oh codies will make it arcadey COD style and ruin it'.

In one of the early vids in this thread it shows your guy getting shot a few times and he patches the wound up and moves on. Is that mainly for show and slightly arcadey or do patched up wounds actually affect you?

Can you still be killed after a few shots and fail the mission and have to start it all again and if so can you save mid mission?

Last edited:
I also feel that getting an infridgment without a warning is over the top. i did not even see hoolio's post as i was composing my reply at the time.

i agree with Rad, why should it be an issue to post your opinions about xbox live? If it gets out of hand then fair enough but imo it should not go out of hand compared to a PES vs FIFA argument!

o well im not the mod so mine and others opinions on this matter doesnt count.

cheers.

Anyways about the game, did anyone watch the live stream? the game looks like a fun game. i got the pc and 360 version sitting on my desk at home. i might trade in the 360 version as i have no Xbox live. i got this game primarily for coop online

Back on topic, having watched the live stream this game looks amazing...

Yeah its slower paced but theres a real tension and a real fear about getting shot. Cant wait. Mine was sent by Shopto yesterday so hopefully be on soon... Any Evo-Webbers wanna Co-Op through the game ????

Last edited:
Coops is getting it too so we need one more... I'm not here Friday night or Saturday day... but Sat night and Sunday day i'll be on this and clubs...

Are you away all week Tim ??

Boom there we go.. sweet...

EDIT::: Mine has just turned up from Shopto.... Get in..

Last edited:
Jamie I'll be home tonight and will have it too. Maybe we can start tonight just us 2 if no one else is there?

Can't say i like it tbh although multiplayer may be better

The biggest bug bare is that the enemy's shoot you from quite a distance away but you can't even see where they are. That means its always your team returning fire and you doin jack diddly squat

The graphics on the explosions are disappointing as well it seems to just have a real fake looking drop with smoke then when it disappears the thing it hit (like big a tower) is broke :LOL:

Ill try it again tonight though and try to get to grips with it

Timbo will be trying tonight so yeah... I will be monitored though as GF coming round so i dont know how long i'll get.. I'll message you when i'm free...

GF has taken me off this mission tonight I'm afraid boys. I will be ready for service tomorrow evening :)).

Damn it.... Whats sort of Commando's are we... I am on until 8... then i too have an important GF mission..

TBH I'm amazed some people in Evo have GF's, given the amount of time they spend in here... :P ;)

pot-kettle-black.jpg

;)

Haha so It's okay to say things against the PSN like Tim threw in and like many many others do all across this site but you can never say anything about the XBL subscription fee? Give over.. 'hey don't anyone slag off XBL or dare hint that PSN is better than XBL or I'll ban you.

That's as daft as when Johnny was banned for saying that people were playing some game a week or 2 before it's actual release because 'it was out (with a wink wink similey face)' and yet those on the forums who openly admitted having pirated version of games and were posting their opinions on it were perfectly acceptable.

I wasn't aware that every post we make on this site HAD to be 100% on topic and relevant to the subject matter and that if you don't have something of substance to add to the thread then you can piss off and just not bother posting. Now you've made me aware of that I'll know for future and censor myself from posting such crap and before this post infringes on those rules I'll keep it on topic with something I've been wanting to ask.

Question for you BillyBoy.

Is the game as 'hardcore' and 'sim' like as it used to be? I've read comments like 'Oh codies will make it arcadey COD style and ruin it'.

In one of the early vids in this thread it shows your guy getting shot a few times and he patches the wound up and moves on. Is that mainly for show and slightly arcadey or do patched up wounds actually affect you?

Can you still be killed after a few shots and fail the mission and have to start it all again and if so can you save mid mission?

Its still hardcore, very much so, but perhaps not quite to the extent of the original but thats expected with the change of developer and consumer taste. Im not sure about the wounds after being patched up but if your shot in the leg say you cant run or walk quickly which of course is quite important at certain times. As for the saving I have only bothered to save at the end of the mission so I havent tried that out yet. But overall im happy with the game and definitely getting it on Friday for PS3.:)

I found these on Shopto, don't know if they're the same you're referring to:

OFPWEB1
OFPWEB2

They're the unlocks you get from doing the tasks on the website.

These pre-order codes work according to a the GAF thread:

Night Raid Mission Code RaidT18Z
Ambush Mission Code AmbushU454
Coastal Stronghold Mission Code StrongM577
Close Quarters Mission Code CloseQ8M3

Back
Top Bottom