Now F1 2011

Re: F1 2010

Enjoyed this game so far, despite the bugs. It's a way of killing time after work doing it race by race... The pit stop times really do annoy me tho as I pit in 4th position and by the time I come out of the pits I'm
18th, really annoying considering the pit stop time is 24 seconds and I'd hardly caused any damage! Racing with Lotus

Bring on Catalunya tonight...

Just dont pit in with traffic as they dont let you out if other cars are driving in the pit lane so u have to wait forever.
Change your strategy to pit later dont leave it to the ai then you will have your 5-7 secs pit times

I would lay off it and save yourself £30 it is really arcadey has more bugs than an ants nest.

If you do have a stupid moment and buy it the mods for the PC version do improve the game and make it slightly more playable.

Otherwise go find yourself a spectrum emulator and 3DGP and have some decent racing action.

Been in game and Blockbuster and the feedback the workers have given me about the game is apparently it's amazing and it's the best racing game ever :CONFUSE:

Maybe the people enjoying the game are people who know little about F1 and just want to play with Lewis Hamilton?

If the game was that good, it's not just it would have less bugs but the likes of you and a few others would've at least said it's a decent game :)

Still I'll wait until the patch arrives :)

Maybe you can hear about how everyone likes the game after the patch too then maybe someone can buy you the game and someone else can play the game for you and tell you about it just incase.

Maybe you can hear about how everyone likes the game after the patch too then maybe someone can buy you the game and someone else can play the game for you and tell you about it just incase.

What is up with you? why are you getting so emotional over my views? On the FIFA forum i was actually trying to talk about what is FIFA aiming to do with it's franchise and now you hating on all my posts because i haven't brought the F1 game?

BTW i really like Lewis Hamilton and everyone in England should get behind him and Button! I didn't mean 'casual fans who like Hamilton' as a derogatory term at all! That's just society! Happens in every sport there are hype/marquee figures which have a fanbase who don't really know much about the sport he participates in. But when i hear it's so bug ridden and the gameplay was better and more deep even in games released in the 90's (Formula 1 97 even) why am i going to bother to pay 40 pound? I mean have you forgotten there wasn't a demo where i could teat the game on! So i have to pay close attention to peoples reviews.

I mean some of the bugs really are just inexcusable like the pitlane one! I remember that F1 game back in 1995/6, i mean that game had not issues at all with having to wait until AI car's go past, why can't CM get it right 15 years on? Two console generations later. Ironically on a console which can probably fun that game as a mini game!

Or AI not pitting and cheating to win? I'm going to bust my ass (and i usually play full race distances or at east half distance races) All race to be beaten but he AI not following the rules?

Car handling i'm not too fussed about since some people here a Racing sim freaks :LOL: and sony's and EA's F1 games (2001-2006) were good enough for me but if you want to dismiss me a s a troll, you are very much mistaken.

F1 games usually have bugs (Car' stuck behind eachover on rails) but this game seems like it's in alpha mode!

Last edited:

Klashman69 if you enjoy the EA and Sony racing games, I think you might enjoy playing F1 2010.
It is made for the casual gamer who wants to pick up and play the game for half an hour.

But it isn't a simulation, it is a pick up and play arcade game.
If that's what you want then you will prob enjoy it, but if like me you like your racing games to be a simulation and a challenge then it probably isnt for you.

This is the reason why there is such a split opinion on the game.

I mean some of the bugs really are just inexcusable like the pitlane one! I remember that F1 game back in 1995/6, i mean that game had not issues at all with having to wait until AI car's go past, why can't CM get it right 15 years on? Two console generations later. Ironically on a console which can probably fun that game as a mini game!

Or AI not pitting and cheating to win? I'm going to bust my ass (and i usually play full race distances or at east half distance races) All race to be beaten but he AI not following the rules?

These are race killing bugs but I'm hoping they're also fixable by patch. They're so fundamental that I think they're bound to be on Codies list of things that must be fixed.

I'm a bit more concerned about things like AI cars clipping you from behind and taking you out, you get damaged, they don't. This is a recurring trait in Codies AI over the years and they clearly do this type of AI behaviour on purpose, so I don't see much chance of that being fixed by patch.

Still waiting to hear of the patch and what effect it has before I consider buying this one. I fear that by the time the patch is released, the F1 season will be over and my interest will have fallen away.

F1 2010

Qualified 9th for Turkey edited my pit stop accordingly & finished 3rd after some quality overtaking & other drivers pitting.

What happened next even stunned me. Montreal first lap of qualifying in the soaking wet & was 1st by over 2 seconds! The race was flawless ensuring a battle with Alonso however since I pitted on the 5th lap & a 4 second stop ensured I kept 1st almost... Until
Alonso went in for his pit stop on the 6th

Just finished Valencia now... Qualified 6th finished 2nd by overtaking Hamilton on the last corner really hotting up now as we come into the British GP!

Really enjoying this game! Here's hoping I get that offer from McLaren for next season

Klashman69 if you enjoy the EA and Sony racing games, I think you might enjoy playing F1 2010.
It is made for the casual gamer who wants to pick up and play the game for half an hour.

But it isn't a simulation, it is a pick up and play arcade game.
If that's what you want then you will prob enjoy it, but if like me you like your racing games to be a simulation and a challenge then it probably isnt for you.

This is the reason why there is such a split opinion on the game.

Hmm thing is i was young at the time i enjoyed those games though. Favortie EA game was F1 2002 looked very nice but was extremely easy. Same with the sony ones, which i enjoyed but were piss easy tbh. BEst one was F1 06 imo. Thing is all these games didn't have the severe bugs F1 2010 seemingly has!

The one on the PC F1CE was ok but had too many issues calibrating the controller (i used PS2/PS3/360 controller since buying a wheel for me just isn't worth the money since even though i do like to go on long 5-6 hour sessions with these games and play with 75% to full race distances! but i don't play games every day :) I go for months even without touching games like this!

Also I usual play with all assists off apart from Auto gears (I'm sorry but using a PS3 controller etc... is too much work to steer, brake etc.. etc.. and change gears constantly! I use manual gears on Forza, GT because the cars are slow and it's easier with the shorter race distances but with F1 gamers always auto gear (if i get a wheel they will be manual). Sometimes i tinker with the traction control, usually set to minimal or medium, something like that!

If i was a actual gamer i would get one. I actually would love to get more into that rfactor game (car feels very realistic, even using xbox controller :LOL: ) but can i get a cheap copy from anywhere since like i said i won't play it much!

These are race killing bugs but I'm hoping they're also fixable by patch. They're so fundamental that I think they're bound to be on Codies list of things that must be fixed.

I'm a bit more concerned about things like AI cars clipping you from behind and taking you out, you get damaged, they don't. This is a recurring trait in Codies AI over the years and they clearly do this type of AI behaviour on purpose, so I don't see much chance of that being fixed by patch.

Still waiting to hear of the patch and what effect it has before I consider buying this one. I fear that by the time the patch is released, the F1 season will be over and my interest will have fallen away.

I love F1 too much for my interest to die in this game, so whenever the patch comes out as long as it fixes the major errors i should get it. I can take the 'arcadey' handling as log as it's fun, hey I'll just get rfactor if i want something a little more realistic!

Last edited:

The problem with the game in regards to "bugs" there are a massive load of them, but the fact for me remains the same the engine used for the game is just shite full stop.

It dosn't need to be patched it needs to reworked from the ground up with a new engine, not using the Grid/Dirt engine.

Codemasters have probably taken the game as far as they can go simulation wise with an arcade engine.

Theres no split opinion on this game everyone thats played it likes it despite its flaws.

Then theres the idiots who havent played it and still think they have a right to say the game is crap.

Theres no split opinion on this game everyone thats played it likes it despite its flaws.

Then theres the idiots who havent played it and still think they have a right to say the game is crap.

Where is your basis for that argument.

People who have not played it say it's crap.

I was very unfortunte to buy the game and it is a massive pile of ARCARDY shit.

If you bothered reading other forums from fans of the Grand Prix series or rFactor you would find that those people also think the game is a pile of shite.

But then I must be an idiot.

To be fair, bsmaff, your posts prior to the game arriving hinted that you'd sort of already decided you weren't going to like it before you tried it.

Like I said before... those people who play rFactor/whatever and are hardcore sim racers, and who for some reason thought this might be heavy sim (why?), are generally disappointed. The rest of us seem to find the game to be a heck of a lot of fun to drive, when the bugs aren't getting in the way of career mode.

Since when did you turn into a sad fool :CONFUSE: !

Ok, you haven't answered my question just on a big hissy fit and acting like some sort of diva! Do you stick your johnny in-between the disk hole or something, or try t physically ejaculate to the game? Did you even READ my posts?

Why am i going to waste money that i need to save on a game with as many gamebreaking flaws that have been pointed out? I'm just hugely disappointed with the feedback given on this site and on the official forums!

-------------------

This video here looks crazy good though! Bsmaff. notice how the steering dosen't look like a piece of shit in this vid, it's smooth and more realistic! Graphics look in places almost, beyond real life! Weird!
YouTube - F1 2010 Button Monaco

Although he's a very aggressive driver! Especially since he's using Button ironically!

ATm i just can't fight the urge to drive around Banzai style with Kobayashi! I'll just do what this guy does in the video and stay away from full races etc.. till a patch comes out :), good idea eh :)!

Last edited:

I watched part of the video he is running the pc version with mods.

I am not denying the game looks the good, cos it does.
The problem I have with it is the arcadey game play.

I think I have said enough about the game. I don't like never will as it is like Jessica Simpson, really nice to look at but certainly couldn't spend an evening talking to her.

rFactor and GP4 are just way better.

I watched part of the video he is running the pc version with mods.

I am not denying the game looks the good, cos it does.
The problem I have with it is the arcadey game play.

I think I have said enough about the game. I don't like never will as it is like Jessica Simpson, really nice to look at but certainly couldn't spend an evening talking to her.

rFactor and GP4 are just way better.

You could spend an evening fucking her though.

Codemasters have confirmed what the upcoming patch will cover:

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since we last updated on the forthcoming F1 2010 patch so here is where things are at currently…

The team are hard at work, and have been since launch, building the patch. We’ve focussed on both fixes to the game and a number of gameplay improvements based on your feedback. Once the process has finished, we can then release the patch for submission which will take an additional couple of weeks until it is available for release. Here is a quick overview of the main issues which we’re addressing:

1. Corrupt Save Games - We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups - Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.

In addition to these fixes we’ve also made improvements to the game based on your forum feedback:-

1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying - Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements - Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track - the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic - In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours - Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

There have also been several PC specific improvements as well:-

1. PC 'replay saving' and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, "ultra" settings for 'shadows' and 'postprocess'. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support - Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available 'modern' processors, like Core i7, which wasn't correctly detected previously.

This list is not exhaustive of the issues being addressed in the patch but a snap shot of the key improvements. Please keep your feedback coming though as it is invaluable both for the work on the patch and for the design of F1 2011.

Once the patch goes into submission, we’ll try to give you guys a heads up as to when it will be live and ready to download as soon as we know.

Thanks for your continued support & feedback.

The F1 2010 Development Team.

Just started playing this and was wondering if there is a bug where the radio team keep telling me to pit.

Maybe its my driving i don't know. Bought a crappy steering wheel and it makes a bit of a difference, but really want an official ms one. If anyone is selling one let me know :)

Brilliant news on that patch - superb fixes, especially for us PC owners.

Kudos to Codemasters, cannot wait to get it patched up!

Codemasters have confirmed what the upcoming patch will cover:

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since we last updated on the forthcoming F1 2010 patch so here is where things are at currently…

The team are hard at work, and have been since launch, building the patch. We’ve focussed on both fixes to the game and a number of gameplay improvements based on your feedback. Once the process has finished, we can then release the patch for submission which will take an additional couple of weeks until it is available for release. Here is a quick overview of the main issues which we’re addressing:

1. Corrupt Save Games - We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups - Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.

In addition to these fixes we’ve also made improvements to the game based on your forum feedback:-

1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying - Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements - Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track - the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic - In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours - Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

There have also been several PC specific improvements as well:-

1. PC 'replay saving' and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, "ultra" settings for 'shadows' and 'postprocess'. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support - Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available 'modern' processors, like Core i7, which wasn't correctly detected previously.

This list is not exhaustive of the issues being addressed in the patch but a snap shot of the key improvements. Please keep your feedback coming though as it is invaluable both for the work on the patch and for the design of F1 2011.

Once the patch goes into submission, we’ll try to give you guys a heads up as to when it will be live and ready to download as soon as we know.

Thanks for your continued support & feedback.

The F1 2010 Development Team.

Sounds good. They seem to be addressing many of the bugs and gameplay flaws that I've read about. Will be intrigued to read user feedback post-patch.

Codies update on the patch:

Update: The team have been hard at work and as a result we have now completed all internal testing on the patch.

The patch is now in submission with Microsoft and Sony for all 3 platforms, and once this process has been successfully completed the patch will be released, ready for you to download. Keep an eye out on the forums, facebook, and twitter, as we’ll let you know as soon as it’s ready to download.

There is a patch for the PC version.

1. Goto Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program.
3. Select F1 2010.
4. Click Uninstall.

All problems solved and you can now enjoy a happier life.

Thanks!

I just did that, but now I cannot see the shortcut to the game any more. Does it create a new shortcut?

Back
Top Bottom