Now F1 2011

Gonna pick this up but want to finish F1 2010 first. Trying to play it with a steering wheel, it's fookin' impossible. I literally go off the track on every bend :(

Yeah I bought F1 2010 on Xbox on release date, played a few games but found it quite hard as I hadn't played a racing game in years and the Xbox controller and I didn't find a good unison lol. What wheel do you have?

I was thinking about getting one as I've now gone back to play F1 2010 in a 7 season career mode. Might as well get my money's worth from it haha.

there's a wireless wheel coming out soon that you hold in your hands (not mounted) which looks like an interesting compromise for people who don't have the ability to turn their dining table into an F1 cockpit :APPLAUD:

I just can't properly update my gp4 cuz the tool used to it doesn't work well on w7 so i'm playing rfactor that one is really nice to handle but the crashes are kinda lame sometimes, maybe f1 games need something like fifa's 12 impact engine...

Last edited:
I'm using a crappy cheap wheel but it's actually not that bad! It's a Datel Supersport wheel, cost only £30 but isn't as bad as it sounds!

I just can't properly update my gp4 cuz the tool used to it doesn't work well on w7 so i'm playing rfactor that one is really nice to handle but the crashes are kinda lame sometimes, maybe f1 games need something like fifa's 12 impact engine...

I recall having the same problem a while ago, have you tried messing around with compatibility settings? I got it to work somehow on Windows 7 64 bit, can't quite remember how though. rFactor is a decent alternative but the AI is garbage and you really have to look around to find decent mods.

Back on topic, spent a large portion of last night playing this and something doesn't feel quite right to me personally. Unfortunately using last year's wheel settings feels completely wrong in this game so I'll have to look for a decent setup all over again. The cars felt really understeery again, hopefully that's just me and my settings.

Off topic here but I had GP4 on disc still for my PC so I installed it and calibrated my analog joystick (xbox looking controller for it). In the pits though, how do you select any of the options on the steering wheel? Mouse doesn't work, keyboard only changes the view and the controller doesn't work. So I can't leave the pits! haha

got this on xbox, using the official wireless wheel and pedals,very enjoyable, DRS and Kers takes a bit of getting your head round though, especially using manual gears.

I got this yesterday and it's a really decent game. Obviously, not one for the full-on sim fans (it's a console game, does anyone really expect full sim?). I've raced only single races so far and they've all been good.

Reading the official forum, it's full of complaints about various flaws in career mode - same sort of stuff as last year, apparently, like AI not affected by tyre wear, suspiciously fast AI lap times, you qualify in poll but strangely starting in 8th or 12th with no explanation - the sort of stuff that kills the immersion and sense of fairness.

I think a patch will be forthcoming.

Yep happened to me twice. Got pole and starting 11th an 13th!!!!

Also rain starts midway thru the race and the AI loses no grip.

Apart from that I'm getting there and enjoying it.

Well I only just really am getting into F1 2010 now lol. I had it since release day but couldn't get past the learning curve and PES had me occupied ;)

Really enjoying how the track comes to you in practice qualifying once some rubber gets laid down and grip levels improve. Tweaking setups slightly and finding out where you can drive agressively or cautiously and the lap times go down. Great stuff.

Getting used to the sensitivity of the xbox controller is good but I'd like to try a wheel out. Someone mentioned the official wireless wheel and pedals? Which model is that?

This really is great - loving the new features. The DRS, KERS etc is great (and very well done) and the other things like the tracks degrading (with dirt and marbles) is brilliant and really makes you concentrate hard on getting a decent line.

Also like the penalty system for accidents and unsportsment like driving. Got a safety car this morning for causing an accident at Malaysia and whilst its a bit dull to trudge around for 2 laps (never know why hardcore fans begged for this feature for so long over the years), it was still nice to have.

I re-started my career and choose HRT (was FI first, but it felt a bit undeserved!) but that car is awful. Less speed and terrible grip meant it was not much fun (least there was a big difference between HRT and FI in the way the car feels) - plus HRT doesnt have KERS.

Gonna restart again probs as Williams and see what I can do with them.

Have gotten round to play this now on PC.

Graphics are improved slightly due to proper implamentation of DX11 content rather than a dodgy patch to add it and performance has been improved slightly.

The game IMO plays better than last years version although this wasn't the most difficult task in the world, KERS dosn't seem to do anything in terms of extra acceleration DRS is pretty well balanced and works just as it does in real life.

The game appears to be very easy this year on the hard skill level I managed to qualify pole and win my first race on career mode in a Williams. Have also won multiple races with the Mercedes car around various other tracks.
Like last years version the game has the same flaws unrealistic damage no lost of performance when you damage your wings.

Like last years game it will require MODS to make this game playable, but it is pretty fun for a quick race but not for a proper F1 fix, will be sticking with GP4 for another year then.

GP4 PROBLEMS............
Those of you getting problems with GP4 in Windows 7 you need to install the latest patch and run the game in Windows XP compatibility mode and tick "Run as Administrator".

Have pit stops been fixed compared to last year? You could come into the pits in first place but have to wait for everyone else to exit even if you were first. Would literally lose you the race.

Back
Top Bottom