NFL Thread

I fell asleep at half time and didn't see the rest of the Packers game :( But the first half was brilliant, very entertaining! The snow looked great, I wish I was there. My girlfriend has previously said she wouldn't go with me to the USA as she doesn't like it, but when I said the Packers are based in Wisconsin, she's now said she'll come with me as that's one of the few places she'd like to go :D

Since Dallas flopped yesterday I want the Packers to win the Superbowl.

I fell asleep at half time and didn't see the rest of the Packers game :( But the first half was brilliant, very entertaining! The snow looked great, I wish I was there. My girlfriend has previously said she wouldn't go with me to the USA as she doesn't like it, but when I said the Packers are based in Wisconsin, she's now said she'll come with me as that's one of the few places she'd like to go :D

Lucky bugger! I've been to Wisconsin at Christmas, (our flight was actually on Christmas Day!), and it was so nice out there. We've got friends in a little village called Luck. I was going round on their quad bike in the snow, it was ace :) They've got really nice country parks and amazing views out there. And then when you get bored of that, there's the Mall of America!

They've now moved to Houston though! Which would be an altogether different kind of trip if we go!

intresting.....

Yep, and I've booked the 4th off work so I can go to the Sports Bar in town and watch it :D

Hmm, I will also probably watch it so should book the Monday off, it does make sense...

The Packers are the later game this Sunday too, so this Sunday could well be a late one!!!

We'll get it on Sky Sports yep, but I'd rather watch it in a bar with a load of other people, big screens and good atmosphere rather than at home on the couch.

Our bars can get 24 hr licences now, but even before that was allowed bars could apply for a late close. Last year we didn't leave the bar til 5am ... and I didn't book the next day off work and had to get up at 8.30am :( Not making the same mistake this year!

:lmao: Bloody hell mate! I will probably just watch it at home on my sofa :) Though I will be checking to see if a bar/pub in town will have it on.

You don't have a Sports Bar? Everyone hits that bar for the Superbowl, all arriving in their teams shirts (NFL, college or UK teams), free buffet, DJ and music during the breaks, raffles. Along with pool tables, fruit machines and quiz machines, just a good spot to watch the game, having a Bud :)

Well, there is a Sports Bar in London, but I'd never get home after as there wouldn't be trains till the morning! Maybe I could go up Bluewater, there is a Sports Bar there, might be open?

:lol: Then I definately wouldn't get home on time!!! :D

Packers tonight, what time is our kick off, UK Time Dags?

8PM I think, according to Sky anyway. It seems both games are on at the same time, so not sure if one is on SS2 and if one is on Interactive?

Ah, they're both on at same time? Cool. I have Sky so I can get interactive :D

No Dags, the other game is first, then Packers v Giants starts at 11:30pm :shock:

It's gonna be a late one tonight!!! :D \\:o/

Tampa, Seattle, Kansas and New Orleans are in talks to be the home team for the next NFL UK game. Just heard on Sky Sports. Fingers crossed for the Packers to be the away team :)

Damn, this ain't the best start for the Packers, and now another Giants field goal, arse and balls :(

We're lucky that they haven't scored a touchdown yet. Come on Mr Favre, wake this team up!!! :D

Oh my god, he just missed the punt return with no pressure on him?! COME ON GUYS!!!

OH THATS A TOUCHDOWN!!! YOU BAD MOFO MR DRIVER!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a fucking run that was!!! He caught it on his own 30!!! :D:D:D:D:D

The Giants are spoilers! I really dont want the Patriots to win, go Eli!

The NFL MUST give us more 16:9 games!

Absolutely gutted :( Only 28 rushing yards?! We deserved to lose that. Offense was terrible, Favre had a nightmare. Defense wasn't much better either, handing them penalties all over the place :(.

Lost it in overtime to a field goal? Gutting :( I was really hoping I'd be watching the Superbowl and actually cheer on a team I honestly wanted to win, and not because it's the lesser of two evils.

So, Giants for me then. I don't mind them much anyway since I seen them at Wembley. They were the away team but they were the team that were running to the crowd and trying to get them to cheer for the Giants, whereas the Dolphins didn't appeal to the crowd at all. Go Giants! (I guess :( )

I feel exactly the same as you Dags :( Think it will be the Giants for me too, Eli was pretty good last night, as was Bradshaw. Let's do these Patriot tossers :).

It was a great game last night and I'm glad I stayed up for it, it was the first full game I've watched in a LONG time! Made me realise how much I do like it. I was up and shouting at the tele after the late fumbles and missed FG attempts :D

The Sky Sports guys summed it up well really: the better team simply won.

aha great game, i have been a lifelong giants fan, and this is a great day and a great two weeks till the superbowl, just talked to my dad and he said he is gonna try and get us superbwol tix... that would be awesome...

Going with the Patriots, I'm an AFC team supporter, so my allegiance always goes with the AFC team, no matter how hard it is to support them, but mainly I want to see something legendary, a team go unbeaten and win it all, no more will the 72 Dolphins be remember when, least in 20 years time I'll be going, remember the 08 Patriots, what a team. So come on the Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom