NFL Thread

Woohoo! Got tickets to the NFL London game itself now! Face value too! :D

Had someone else offer me tickets at face value if anyone is after a pair of tickets? If so, PM me.

I feel sorry for the fans at Wembley because, the fins' are awful, Giants should put big numbers on them, but not as big as the Pats will 2nd half, LMAO

Brady looks ridiculous at the moment.

Speaking of ridiculous, cant believe we lost to the Bills. Starting to think the playbook consists exclusively of 3-yard pass plays. Somebody throw Billick a copy of All Pro Football 2K8 or something so he can maybe copy some plays going deep.

Anyone else going to be at the Tailgate Party this weekend?

man yeah you guys are getting a shit game, but the giants could be the sleeper in the NFC, cheers and make sure to cheer on my BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW! GO GMEN!

I need to remind myself that the game is at 4pm and not 6pm.

Hold on...

The program starts at 4.30pm, forget what I said previously.

The numbers' game

- 500,000+ ticket requests for the game
- 90,000+ fans in attendance at Wembley
- 40,000 tickets sold in 90 minutes during the first ticket sale
- 7,500 fans at the NFL tailgate party during the game at Wembley Arena
- 4,000 Dolphin season ticket holders will be at Wembley
- 250 media, many of which US-based, will be at the game
- 60 microphones being used by Fox Sports
- 14 cameras being used by Fox Sports
- 10 NFL matches at Wembley, this being the first regular season match
- 2 honorary captains; John Terry and Didier Drogba (Giants)
- 1 designated home team, the Miami Dolphins- 1 cheerleader troupe, the Dolphins cheerleaders

Last edited:
Nope, 5 hrs difference between you in Washington and UK, 10:11am there right? It's 15:11pm here. Also depends on the coast, I think the difference is 5/7 hrs depending on coast.

Might be daylight saving time but it's definately 5pm GMT kickoff, I can assure you of that :) Seen it on the tickets ...

"Familiar faces from British sport went head to head today as part of the build up to the first-ever competitive NFL game outside of North America. The Miami Dolphins take on the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium at 5 p.m. on Sunday in front of a sell-out crowd."

www.nfluk.com

Anyone wanting tickets should check the NFLUK forums, quite a few people with spares there.

Hold on...

The program starts at 4.30pm, forget what I said previously.

The numbers' game

- 500,000+ ticket requests for the game
- 90,000+ fans in attendance at Wembley
- 40,000 tickets sold in 90 minutes during the first ticket sale
- 7,500 fans at the NFL tailgate party during the game at Wembley Arena
- 4,000 Dolphin season ticket holders will be at Wembley
- 250 media, many of which US-based, will be at the game
- 60 microphones being used by Fox Sports
- 14 cameras being used by Fox Sports
- 10 NFL matches at Wembley, this being the first regular season match
- 2 honorary captains; John Terry and Didier Drogba (Giants)
- 1 designated home team, the Miami Dolphins- 1 cheerleader troupe, the Dolphins cheerleaders

oh and a contigent of UK/US Millitary jets (Eurofighters and F15's) will perform a flypast. Despite the fact it will probably be pitch black at 5pm due to the clocks going back.

You have to think Miami are glad they took Ted Ginn Jr over Brady Quinn now :roll:

Still, it was great to have the game here and a great experience to be there!

That game was boring, I'm sure everyone had a great time though.

oh and a contigent of UK/US Millitary jets (Eurofighters and F15's) will perform a flypast. Despite the fact it will probably be pitch black at 5pm due to the clocks going back.

Hmmmm lets think about that....

Pitch was awful, which was a bit of a surprise, and the game was a dull affair, though you would have to say the weather and pitch were partly to blame! Should have done it earlier in the season if possible...

I don't think many people were expecting much from the Dolphins, but Cam Cameron's negativity was a bit surprising - 0-7, OK no starting QB or RB but they could have tried to use the London game as a turning point. Instead they only went mid-range to deep about 3 times that I can remember. Also Lemon made some decent plays with his legs in the first half but they never really looked to exploit that in the second.

As for the Giants, Manning was beyond awful, consistently overthrowing receivers. I think it was the fourth quarter before Shockey had his first decent reception!

Hmmmm lets think about that....

Pitch was awful, which was a bit of a surprise, and the game was a dull affair, though you would have to say the weather and pitch were partly to blame! Should have done it earlier in the season if possible...

you can definatley chock it up to the weather and pitch conditions, those guys are not used to playing in such rain, but the pitch was pretty bad. i think your right and it should be held in september.

Had a great time there, not the best game of football I've seen but to actually watch a proper NFL game was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom