NFL Thread

98 yards in 90 seconds, is that a record?

Nope, there are several instances of 99 yards in a single play:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.jsp?release_id=1315

and if you consider returns, the NFL longest play record was broken in the Chargers game last night, Angelo Cromartie with a 109-yard missed field goal return. Bad night for Ravens record holders :( first that breaks Ed Reed's return record, then Adrian Peterson breaks Jamal Lewis' single game rushing record! Real shame that Peterson couldn't break the 300-yard mark.

WTG Pats last night, great comeback at the end. One thing that stood out in the game is that if you can get some pressure on both of those quarterbacks they look human again.

I got caught up in the moment when I posted that, I had watched Maurice Jones Drew go 100 yards on a punt return before the big game last night.

Drew Brees throws 445 yards, the Saints have got their groove back n the Cowboys are 7-1.

Nope, there are several instances of 99 yards in a single play:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.jsp?release_id=1315

and if you consider returns, the NFL longest play record was broken in the Chargers game last night, Angelo Cromartie with a 109-yard missed field goal return. Bad night for Ravens record holders :( first that breaks Ed Reed's return record, then Adrian Peterson breaks Jamal Lewis' single game rushing record! Real shame that Peterson couldn't break the 300-yard mark.

WTG Pats last night, great comeback at the end. One thing that stood out in the game is that if you can get some pressure on both of those quarterbacks they look human again.

that goes for any qb, pressure ANY qb and they will get lit up. Dont put pressure on the greats and they will pick you apart... but some qb's without pressure will make mistakes, not payton and brady

Ouuuuuch, what a beatdown :(

Thanks Steve, but it's time for you to retire now. Quoted from espn.com:
The 13-year veteran, a former league co-MVP, completed 13 of 22 passes for an anemic 63 yards. It marked the fewest yards in NFL history for a player who had 13 or more completions. McNair, looking all of his 34 years and then some, was sacked five times, had an interception and lost a fumble.
There is a very real possibility of us finishing behind the Browns :shock:

Ouuuuuch, what a beatdown :(

Thanks Steve, but it's time for you to retire now. Quoted from espn.com: There is a very real possibility of us finishing behind the Browns :shock:

your o-line is useless, billick is a fucking offensive retard, always has been. its beyond me that he has stayed emplpoyed for so long, with that shit offense he puts on the field year after year

your o-line is useless, billick is a fucking offensive retard, always has been. its beyond me that he has stayed emplpoyed for so long, with that shit offense he puts on the field year after year

The young guys on the o-line are struggling a bit without Ogden but they cant be liable for a QB that doesn't even look to throw past the first down marker any more. The entire playbook now seems to consists of slants and flat routes and receivers picking up yards after the catch. I mean 63 yards on 13 completions?? This has to be specific to McNair - when *shudder* Boller comes in he at least tries to throw a deep ball now and again.

And yes I agree on the coaching genius that is Billick :)

Maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing if we lose the next few so we're completely out of contention, then throw Troy Smith in under center for the last few games.

ARGHHHHxvwqfr!!!!!!! Billick has to go now! I'm sick of this idiot, 3rd and 1 with a timeout and 20-something seconds left, RUN THE BALL!!! Instead pass incomplete, Browns go on to win. He's cost us so many games this year. That's us officially done for the season now. Let's just hope we can finish ahead of the Bungles. :(

Isn't that default though? Especially this season.

:)

Can you imagine if Miami beat the Patriots?

I'm laughing just thinking about it.

:lol:

I just got a Cowboys football in the post from Kitbag for no reason!

Last edited:
The Partiots got well lucky last night, cant believe the Ravens called a time out when it was 4&1, they had them beat lol, and if they hadnt used that time out at the end they could of won it at the end

Ive recently started getting into the NFL coverage - I do like the coverage on five actually. The two guys that do it aren't bad - Mike Carlson is funny and fairly interesting even if I have no idea who hes talking about.

I'd like to try and educate myself more about the NFL, don't really know where to start though. Might try pick up a book or two on it...

Just bought a PS3 ... Is the Madden game on PS3 next gen like fifa? might think about getting it after christmas if so. I actually had a madden game AGES ago... when the only PC games I had were Rainbow Six & Nascar or something... couldnt even run half life properly on that machine. I got quite into it back then, but Ive forgotten most of it.

A random question while Im in this thread... on 4th down when teams tend to punt if out of field goal range, do teams ever fake a punt and throw it to make the last bit of yardage? I think I remember doing this in Madden... but havent seen it dont yet when watching NFL this season. If so, who does the throwing as doesnt the Quaterback go off the field for punts?

cheers.

Just bought a PS3 ... Is the Madden game on PS3 next gen like fifa? might think about getting it after christmas if so. I actually had a madden game AGES ago... when the only PC games I had were Rainbow Six & Nascar or something... couldnt even run half life properly on that machine. I got quite into it back then, but Ive forgotten most of it.

A random question while Im in this thread... on 4th down when teams tend to punt if out of field goal range, do teams ever fake a punt and throw it to make the last bit of yardage? I think I remember doing this in Madden... but havent seen it dont yet when watching NFL this season. If so, who does the throwing as doesnt the Quaterback go off the field for punts?

cheers.

it doesnt happen often, rareley if ever... defensive players are too fast these days for gimicks like that to work..

Ive recently started getting into the NFL coverage - I do like the coverage on five actually. The two guys that do it aren't bad - Mike Carlson is funny and fairly interesting even if I have no idea who hes talking about.

I'd like to try and educate myself more about the NFL, don't really know where to start though. Might try pick up a book or two on it...

i guess mate, watch as much as you can

it sometimes happens after a touchdown if there going for a 2 pt conversion, the holder (who is the backup QB)will throw a pass.

but on the punting that u mentioned, ive only seen it once this season and i think it was denver but the punter ran it instead of passing which ofcourse he failed to get the first down.

Great game watching the Packers here, dodgy start by Grant but wow, he's definately coming back!

Great game watching the Packers here, dodgy start by Grant but wow, he's definately coming back!
Bugger, was it Saturday night? I thought it was fecking Sunday night! :lol:

Woo yea, we won :D Now the NY Giants next Sunday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom