Next Gen Consoles

On-topic - what I think next gen needs to do, more than call the phone the second screen, is to make the TV the second screen. Ultimately that's where things are going to go. Not single companies releasing expensive, static boxes under the screen controlling what we do.

Good post.

Im sick of people saying next gen this and next gen that.
If you want one - buy one. Enjoy it. Whatever it is.
If you dont want one then dont fucking get one and no need for people to keep ramming the PC/Next gen bollocks down our throats either

I wish this logic was simple. We wouldn't have issues in the PES and Fifa threads :P

PVp0oTL.jpg

Invalid because you have to install them once like pc games do?
So what happens after they're installed and days later I try to play?
And games that don't require installs are just ignored now and that point is invalid due to a minority of games that force them?

In my experience once they're installed they boot up fine in seconds and away I go. I have my friends list there for the social aspect and plenty of console exclusive games I'd rather play. ps+ handles any updates that come out so I avoid that annoyance.

You're right that I haven't done pc gaming in years though. But my lack of experience means I can appreciate and enjoy next gen consoles for what they are, not what a pc can do. Like people who dip into the threads for the console versions of battlefield 3 just to tell everyone that they have to stop having fun because the pc version is bigger and better. They don't know that, or just haven't experienced it and are already having fun on the 360/ps3 32 player version.

I can't wait for next Friday. Easily the best launch line up for a long long time, so many games I want to try out and new features to play with.
But no doubt the someone will feel threatened by my enjoyment and tell me Xbox one or a pc are better. Obviously not better enough that they're sat addicted playing them rather than telling me this. I don't think ill even use my phone for a few days once ps4 hits other than for the ps app.

"You are living in the stone age my friend"
Don't most people just use their smart phones or tablets for browsing now?

what happens when a pc game is installed and days later u get back to it, it will load faster then the console version due to various reasons.

Steam/Origin like psn auto updates your games. Guess where psn/xbox got that idea from? Yup you guessed it. from PC gaming.

Your point is invalid simply because you do indeed live in the 80's assuming that you have to do most things manually to play a PC game.

Here is another brilliant thing about steam/origin games. Install it once and make a backup of the game folder somewhere else and when you need to load up the game on different pc, Transfer or connect the hdd with your games on. launch steam and within a couple if minutes your up and running again on a different computer. no need to redownload the game hehe.

the things u will soon appreciate on ps4 have been appreciated on the pc for a thousand years my friend.

maybe in PS5 they will introduce a Steam workshop type feature that allows you to download and install mods on some of your favourite games.

que rad in 10 years time when PS5 comes out with this feature and he gets excited again :)

You dont have much to back up your claim unless you have gamed on a PC over recent years mate.

Last edited:
@Jonney - Whilst all that you've said is correct, there's no convincing some people. Whatever facts you put on the table, PC gaming will remain the convoluted/nerdy/expensive option in the minds of so many people. With that sort of closed-minded approach, there's no point even trying to enter a discussion with such people so I'd say we may as well leave that topic out of this thread for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cognitive dissonance is a wonderful thing.

Are you aiming that at anyone looking forward to buying a new console? I'm guessing you're implying we are tricking ourselves into looking forward to the new consoles because you think they're shit compared to PC.

If so, FFS just accept people like consoles. What is it with this forum at the moment? The PES thread is full of people saying you don't know anything about football if you don't like PES 2014, and this one has yet again turned into PC owners gloating about their PCs.

Last edited:
what happens when a pc game is installed and days later u get back to it, it will load faster then the console version due to various reasons.
Various reasons... Of which none you listed.

So a pc can turn on and boot a game as fast as a console does?
Not a pc already turned on verses a ps3 still in its box with the games still in the wrapping or some other twisted example you pull out.
Going from the moment you press the power button to picking the game and playing, do pc's do that?
I'm not claiming they don't, I just don't know and keep asking this but get no definitive answer.

Steam/Origin like psn auto updates your games. Guess where psn/xbox got that idea from? Yup you guessed it. from PC gaming.

Your point is invalid simply because you do indeed live in the 80's assuming that you have to do most things manually to play a PC game.

Cut the bullshit. I don't live in the past, I'm not behind the times. I'm not sat here thinking people are using pc's to browse and post like you did. I only listed ps+ as a thing I like and enjoy and that means my games are updated for when I come home.

Does steam power your pc up, download and install the updates and then power back down automatically?

Here is another brilliant thing about steam/origin games. Install it once and make a backup of the game folder somewhere else and when you need to load up the game on different pc, Transfer or connect the hdd with your games on. launch steam and within a couple if minutes your up and running again on a different computer. no need to redownload the game hehe.

Yeah I'm happy just picking up the disc, going somewhere else, slipping that into a friends console and within seconds I'm up and running. No need for me to cross my fingers and hope my friends actually has a decent pc capable of running the game and steam already downloaded and whatever else is needed.
Not to mention having their pc hooked up to their tv.

the things u will soon appreciate on ps4 have been appreciated on the pc for a thousand years my friend.
Thousand years.... Yeah you see I now find it hard to believe anything else you'll ever say or have already said.

maybe in PS5 they will introduce a Steam workshop type feature that allows you to download and install mods on some of your favourite games.

que rad in 10 years time when PS5 comes out with this feature and he gets excited again :)

You dont have much to back up your claim unless you have gamed on a PC over recent years mate.

Modding ps3 games has already been done so hardly anything groundbreaking if they had it on ps5. And I actually mean mods, not hacks. Unreal tournament allowed you to cook pc mods and maps into a ps3 version and they worked great.
If that was possible on a console that would be awesome no?

Are you seriously hinting that if that did happen, console owners who get excited are basically out of touch morons who could have done this years earlier? So essentially nothing that happens to consoles in a positive way can ever be celebrated UNLESS... Pc didn't already do it?

I'm not sure about that last line. My claims? What did I claim other than listing what I enjoy about consoles?
That has NOTHING to do with pc and their advancements the past few years. Explain to me exactly how I'm not allowed an opinion on games CONSOLES in a CONSOLE ONLY thread unless I've played on a pc?

Last edited:
Various reasons... Of which none you listed.

So a pc can turn on and boot a game as fast as a console does?
Not a pc already turned on verses a ps3 still in its box with the games still in the wrapping or some other twisted example you pull out.
Going from the moment you press the power button to picking the game and playing, do pc's do that?
I'm not claiming they don't, I just don't know and keep asking this but get no definitive answer.

Cut the bullshit. I don't live in the past, I'm not behind the times. I'm not sat here thinking people are using pc's to browse and post like you did. I only listed ps+ as a thing I like and enjoy and that means my games are updated for when I come home.

Does steam power your pc up, download and install the updates and then power back down automatically?

Yeah I'm happy just picking up the disc, going somewhere else, slipping that into a friends console and within seconds I'm up and running. No need for me to cross my fingers and hope my friends actually has a decent pc capable of running the game and steam already downloaded and whatever else is needed.
Not to mention having their pc hooked up to their tv.

Thousand years.... Yeah you see I now find it hard to believe anything else you'll ever say or have already said.

Modding ps3 games has already been done so hardly anything groundbreaking if they had it on ps5. And I actually mean mods, not hacks. Unreal tournament allowed you to cook pc mods and maps into a ps3 version and they worked great.

I'm not sure about that last line. My claims? What did I claim other than listing what I enjoy about consoles?
That has NOTHING to do with pc and their advancements the past few years. Explain to me exactly how I'm not allowed an opinion on games CONSOLES in a CONSOLE ONLY thread unless I've played on a pc?

Yup a PC can boot into Steams dashboard within 10seconds, quicker if u have a ssd.

When you go to your mates house to play killzone u got to install it on his PS4 before you can play lol so its just like me bringing a copy of BF4 to my mates house lol.

You do live in the past because you have already assumed that pc gamers have to manually update their games? i HAVE not updated Any of steam games for the past 5 years manually lol.

You live in the past because you did not know this was possible and why keep asking when i keep telling you yes yes and fucking yes?

You going to ask me one more time again if you can do it?

@rob you are right. some people here are narrow minded for sure and blinded by the truth.

modding on ps3 is hardly done. Show me on the psn store where i can download mods and add ons for same Skyrim?

in Steam you can. Google Steamworks and see how PISS and i mean PISSS easy it is to install mods with two clicks.

O and even mods from games gets updated AUTOMATICALLY. wow another revelation that you did not know and later will forget in 5mins and ask me again if you can update mods automatically :LMAO:

Your points and opinions are invalid and will continue to say that until you do some damm research and actualy experience and know what the hell you are talking about when forming an opinion about pc and console.

Until then you dont know much. You probably learned about Steam today only and i wouldnt be surprised.

Its fine to ignore pc gaming and become narrow minded but dont assume a load of bollox about PC's until you have done some research.

mostly if not all my points are facts not opinions on how piss easy that a 10 year old could plug and play games on pc's nowadays while yours are assumptions.

Keep assuming that it takes a degree in computer science to install and keep a game up to date :)

Haha you're getting angry because I love consoles. You're such a joke.

I never made assumptions and claimed them as facts. I listed why I liked consoles and some insecure pc fanboys didn't like that, just like I predicted would. It's pathetically laughable just how predictable the pc race are.

I said I like consoles because they boot fast, not faster than all pcs. Just on their own merit.
You told me that point was completely invalid, that I'm not allowed to think that, because a select few ps3 games force an install. You compared a new ps3 game that forces an install against what? A game already installed? Your arguments and logic are just twisted half truths.

FINALLY telling me that pc's can boot in about 10 seconds...if you have the right set up. That's not faster than my ps3 then is it? Certainly won't be faster than my PS4 with its resume feature. Yet a moment ago my point was invalid. Sorry did I say point? I meant of course, my opinion.
Yes you told me my opinion was invalid. You're one of those people.

When I take killzone round to my friends. Well chances are they'll already have killzone so in that case, that highly probable case, I wouldn't even need to take my disk.
Assuming they didn't own the game already. Well nothing to stop me grabbing the ps4 and taking that tiny thing round with everything already installed.
And worst case scenario as you stated.... It's the same as your situation with battlefield. We have to sit and wait for the install, except It allows you to play while installing and I don't have to hope his machine is the same spec as mine etc

I don't live in the past.
You're the one with the assumption that anyone who doesn't know what you know about pc's, means they're living in the past.
When the actual truth is that I just don't give a shit about pc gaming. I literally couldn't not care any less.

I don't believe there are any mods for sky rim on ps3. Did anyone claim their are? Maybe you should try doing some research before making such comments. What I understood from the text above was that the point was just purely that modding has already been done on consoles and it's actually a cool thing to want on them in future.

I'm not the one here trying to convince the other to change their opinion and realise the thing they're excited by isn't as good as they think. What difference does it make to you if I like what the ps4 is doing? Why do you feel do angry and threatened by my complete lack of interest in knowing what a pc can do?
Why the desperation in your posts to convince us all to jump to pc and be like you and stop being exited about consoles?

It's pretty disturbing how your only point in being here is to try to spoil other gamers fun. By any chance do you enjoy telling kids Father Christmas isn't real too?

Go away and spoil someone else's fun.

I love consoles and don't give a shit about pcs. #dealwithit

Haha fingers crossed.

Been told that there's already people queuing outside game in town here. I went in the other day asking about my ps4 pre order and in conversation the bloke mentioned that only those who get a phone call can get a launch day console for Xbox and ps4. So I'm guessing these people queuing think they're in with a chance

These console launches should keep GAME in business for the short term at least.

Hardly any Game stores in London which is poor .

@rad there is so much nonsense in your post I do not know where to start. I could write an essay on the amount of flaws in your reply but I don't like typing essays in my phone lol.

On-topic - what I think next gen needs to do, more than call the phone the second screen, is to make the TV the second screen. Ultimately that's where things are going to go. Not single companies releasing expensive, static boxes under the screen controlling what we do.

Thought about this myself, but I'm not sure how much can be done until we have a radical new input method, or everyone has a keyboard in their living room, because right now tvs just aren't good at using web functions, which is the primary use of second screens, no?

Hardly any Game stores in London which is poor .

@rad there is so much nonsense in your post I do not know where to start. I could write an essay on the amount of flaws in your reply but I don't like typing essays in my phone lol.

Good, please just move on from the topic. Your incessant determination to argue that PCs are the superior gaming platform comes off as nothing but arrogant and closed-minded.

We know how you feel, so how about just letting us console gamers enjoy our ignorant bliss?

Back
Top Bottom