Next Gen Consoles

lol @bsmaff practically saying the exact same thing as me lol.

i do stand by what i said though, only thing going for console is the price.

argubably yes maybe exclusives too but that is a person preference as PC's do have there fair share of exclusives as well.

PC's have RTS, MMO's and different kinds of sims like racing sims. it depends on your tastes really.

Only need to do it once. You don't have much knowledge because you have not gamed on a PC for the past 5 years.

Now this is a valid point.

Many I'm sure are unaware of the power of a PC in a gaming point of view - myself included.
Seeing games like Skyrim, Battlefield and GTA on full detail with mods is incredible. But all I have is the internet and Youtube for this.

well to sum it all up.

i still game on consoles as some of the exclusives appeal to me.

At the end of the days we all love games in here right?

So if you have the funds to own a console and a gaming PC, why limit yourself to either?

I like consoles best because I can power them up and start playing within seconds. In 4 years time, ANY game released on it, will work out of the box (bar any complete screw ups by the devs or servers) and everyone playing is on equal ground. No gamers with better systems and better draw distances who can see you clearly while all you see is a pixelated dot.
I don't have any worries about viruses or hacking or having to update program's and drivers over and over.

Do pcs work the same way these days?

+1

Why are we still discussing the PC? I'm not sure anyone will dispute the fact that a high spec - hell, even medium spec PC, is more than capable of bettering the next gen consoles in many, many aspects.

But consoles are still one of the most popular devices on the planet. This playground theme is like someone buying a car and being really pleased with it then a random stranger knocking on their window and showing them what they could have bought which did things far better, but would need constant upgrades to keep it roadworthy.

The PC is better than Next Gen consoles in so many ways. But what it doesn't have, IMO, is sit-in-your-lounge quick game playability while chatting to your mates who are all playing the same game. There's something geeky about a PC gamer; an image of a middle-aged guy sitting in his pants on a rotating chair with a keyboard and mouse at his fingertips. I jest, of course, but Jesus this is getting intolerable now. At least with the Sony/MS fanboy posts we are on the right theme.

This is a console thread to discuss the new generation of systems. Perhaps we could have a "PC is better than console" thread, too? I'm not too sure many would argue.

southpark-wow-2.jpg

You are living in the stone age my friend.

First of all many console games especially ps3 games forces u to install the game so your point about instantly playing a new game you get is invalid.

Invalid because you have to install them once like pc games do?
So what happens after they're installed and days later I try to play?
And games that don't require installs are just ignored now and that point is invalid due to a minority of games that force them?

In my experience once they're installed they boot up fine in seconds and away I go. I have my friends list there for the social aspect and plenty of console exclusive games I'd rather play. ps+ handles any updates that come out so I avoid that annoyance.

You're right that I haven't done pc gaming in years though. But my lack of experience means I can appreciate and enjoy next gen consoles for what they are, not what a pc can do. Like people who dip into the threads for the console versions of battlefield 3 just to tell everyone that they have to stop having fun because the pc version is bigger and better. They don't know that, or just haven't experienced it and are already having fun on the 360/ps3 32 player version.

I can't wait for next Friday. Easily the best launch line up for a long long time, so many games I want to try out and new features to play with.
But no doubt the someone will feel threatened by my enjoyment and tell me Xbox one or a pc are better. Obviously not better enough that they're sat addicted playing them rather than telling me this. I don't think ill even use my phone for a few days once ps4 hits other than for the ps app.

Its funny because i bet most of you are sitting infront of a PC like that viewing and replying to this thread hehe.

Anyways i hope my ps4 comes next week!

"You are living in the stone age my friend"
Don't most people just use their smart phones or tablets for browsing now?

Last edited:
I can't wait for next Friday. Easily the best launch line up for a long long time, so many games I want to try out and new features to play with.

But no doubt the someone will feel threatened by my enjoyment and tell me Xbox one or a pc are better. Obviously not better enough that they're sat addicted playing them rather than telling me this. I don't think ill even use my phone for a few days once ps4 hits other than for the ps app.

Summed up well.

But no doubt the someone will feel threatened by my enjoyment and tell me Xbox one or a pc are better. Obviously not better enough that they're sat addicted playing them rather than telling me this. I don't think ill even use my phone for a few days once ps4 hits other than for the ps app

Good post.

Im sick of people saying next gen this and next gen that.
If you want one - buy one. Enjoy it. Whatever it is.
If you dont want one then dont fucking get one and no need for people to keep ramming the PC/Next gen bollocks down our throats either

Good post.

Im sick of people saying next gen this and next gen that.
If you want one - buy one. Enjoy it. Whatever it is.
If you dont want one then dont fucking get one and no need for people to keep ramming the PC/Next gen bollocks down our throats either

well-done-o.gif

I can't wait for PS4 launch day either, I'm looking forward to trying out the new pad, checking out the UI and video recording stuff, as well as Killzone and FIFA, not to mention Resogun and Contrast free with PS Plus.

I think it's a decent launch, there's nothing absurdly amazing but they're solid games that improve on what's gone before. So that's all good with me. I think gone are the days of launches where people would be wowed, I remember being stunned by Super Mario 64 because it looked like a real cartoon in free roaming 3D. That simply had never been done before.

I think all the resolution and fps increases in world will never match that giant leap into proper 3D gaming, but I'm still happy to be having some good games to play.

And graphics can matter to console owners, it's absurd to think otherwise. I'm looking forward to Killzone because it looks absolutely stunning. Just because there's another format out there that's more powerful doesn't mean console owners can't demand graphical improvements.

Back
Top Bottom