NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

I think I might trade in Uncharted for this. The depth is amazing actually. It's a good change from FIFA, and yes, this is only from the demo. I am interested to see what the full game will be like.

Is it a game that you'd like even if you're not a big basketball fan and you don't know who any of the teams are (I don't know anything about hockey but there was a great hockey game years ago that I loved)?

You guys are making it sound great but I'm assuming you have to know what you're doing and get used to 305 button combinations before you have any fun.

like with any game, go in open minded. i am not a huge basketball fan either. i know of the stars somewhat, the basic concepts of the game, a little strategy, and the demo is fun to play. the game is definitely challenging from what i could see from the demo, but i didn't feel like the cpu was screwing me over. [i get that feeling sometimes with fifa regretfully] give it a rent though if you are unsure and give it a real chance. just like the way we play our soccer games, i can see how 2K8 could be as rewarding. i haven't heard anything bad about the game though except a bit about how the "lock on d" can be effective by all players. makes you a bit superhuman on defense. aside from that, i am going to give it a couple days before i go running to my local game shop.

Taking FT's with the Sixaxis is quality!

like with any game, go in open minded. i am not a huge basketball fan either. i know of the stars somewhat, the basic concepts of the game, a little strategy, and the demo is fun to play. the game is definitely challenging from what i could see from the demo, but i didn't feel like the cpu was screwing me over. [i get that feeling sometimes with fifa regretfully] give it a rent though if you are unsure and give it a real chance. just like the way we play our soccer games, i can see how 2K8 could be as rewarding. i haven't heard anything bad about the game though except a bit about how the "lock on d" can be effective by all players. makes you a bit superhuman on defense. aside from that, i am going to give it a couple days before i go running to my local game shop.

i dont even know how to use lock on d? can anyone explain...

I sometimes to use Lock on D, all its does it make your selected players lock unto a specific player. You dont become superhuman on defense.

I use it less now, I feel that it only helps on certain occasions.

Basketball, Ice Hockey, and Madden games just seem the same to me every single year.

Sorry for my obvious ignorance in the subject matter.

ok ok ok i take back what i said before...... nba 2k8 is so sick its off the hook boys and girls

LBJ dunks look soooooo cool

funny thing when i pulled off a maad dunk driving hard into the lane, i was like "ooooooo"....... and so where the commentators lolol

this game is proper bo! i tell thee

9.5/10

Phoenix Suns - NBA CHAMPS :COOL::DANCE:

I'm really disappointed with the finals experience though, it felt just like another game and there were no celebrations and no trophy.

WTF!?

Thanks mate, now I've got to think about who to sign and who to trade.

:brick:

I've sent them an email,

Firstly let me say that I am a huge fan of NBA 2K8 but I get the feeling that 2K Sports doesn’t care about PAL players, especially PS3 players. Last year a patch for the game was announced, today’s date is 3/03/08 and I and the other PAL PS3 players are still waiting for this patch.

More recently a new roster update was released and surprise, surprise the PAL PS3 version doesn’t have one. Why do you hate us and what did we do to deserve this kind of treatment? It was bad enough that the original release date especially in England was changed 3 times.

I’m really angry about this matter and I would be very, very grateful if 2K Sports could sort it out ASAP.

Thank you

Tobi Olodude

I'll be amazed if they reply.

Last edited:
I traded The Matrix for Melo! Also Agent 0 was in free agency and got signed to Philly on a huge contract, he wasn't interested but no one else made him an offer!

Last edited:
That sucks, and frankly doesn't make sense to not make an upgrade like that available to everyone? I am sure you will get it in a few days though. -hopefully

This game is great though! I still have to learn the intricacies of it all because I have blown some insurmountable leads a few times against the cpu. I only play on All Star at the moment. The strategy involved is pretty deep though. Not one of those games where you just run back and forth and expect easy buckets. You really have to work for the opportunities. -which makes sense.

It's the only basketball game that I have played/owned that I didn't get bored after a month. Plus the soundtrack is pretty wicked with the old school hip hop flavor. ;)

I traded The Matrix for Melo! Also Agent 0 was in free agency and got signed to Philly on a hige contract, he wasn't interested but no one else made him an offer!

so tobi after all is said and done, do you think this is the best sports game of all time(besides we7i of course)?

Back
Top Bottom