NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

Re: NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3, PS2

Will look forward to this Tobi, 2k's games tend to be better than EA's.Especially NBA 07 the 2K7 NBA is much better.

the presentation of there games are 1st class too.

I love the NBA 2K7 presentation! the whole thing,outside the arena, you see the fans and the club shops and everything! it all adds to the excitement and makes you think your watching an NBA game on TV. NHL 2K7 is fantastic as well. I have them both on 360.

NBA 2K7 is bar far my fav sports game (I'm not a basket ball fan) ,everything is so spot on .

Really looking forward to this. As well as better graphics (can't see they can make much of a step because 2K7 already looked stunning), I hope they sort out some of the unstoppable animations which result in out of bounds calls. Those caused so much frustration.

They really need to sort it out online as well, the net-code was pretty dodgy on 2K7.

One thing they could improve is plaers hands making real contact with the basket on a dunk ,I know it doesn't really add to the gameplay but little stuff like that would improve what is already the best basket game in the world

One major visible difference seems to be much better lighting effects based on those pictures.

C'mon 2K throw us a frikking bone here! Where is the new info?! I realise that EA are watching but still?!

[-o<:sad::cry:

Last edited:

Steve Nash finally looks like the himself :D

PS3 version confirmed to be 60fps

Finally some info!

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/...7/NBA_2K8.html

I wont translate the whole text but here are the main points

- no visual differences on the first look compared with 2k7, only little tweaks in faces, kits and animations. looks amazing anyways

- defense is stronger. dunking heaven is gone.

- left trigger opens a quick menu where you can give orders like "give me a block" or "get yourself lose of your defender". your teammates will execute these orders at once

- player cursor has changed to a line which is divided in 5 parts (-----)
this lines indicate if the controlley player is in a hotzone for a good shot.
nowitzkis lines are all green at the 3 point line for example

- nba blacktop is a collection of mini games like dunk contest and 3point contest

- plays (offense and defense) can be visualized on the court with lines which will show you how you have to play to execute the called play correctly

- as a summary the say that 2k8 will once again kill live and hold the number 1 position in basketball games

- graphic bugs like teared shorts have been reduced but couldnt get fixed completely

- nka2k8 comes for ps3 and 360 with full online support

The translated version

Admitted: At first sight one hardly recognizes differences in things window blind, animations and figures - also this NBA 2K8 sees class from 2KSports stressed that one there still refined the leotards here and the faces, but genuine Basketball fans interests the play mechanics.

Those was last year already very well, but there was a predominance in the Offense: The Dunker was somewhat too powerful. One carried the Defense now for that with a stronger focus on body-stressed play calculation and strengthened: If a Bryant runs directly on highly jumping center too, he can be lost its ball in the case of the impact now already times or brought from the equilibrium.

The Defense is to master the block or a setting now also more frequently. That is only one detail in the play mechanics, but a very important. Similarly as pro evolution Soccer 2008 goes it in this series around still improving the anyway already authentic play river. In addition a small detail within the tactics range could contribute: If you press the left Bumper, a menu opens that you like the free running or a setting offers instructions - your fellow players react immediately and to it can in the correct moment the passport play.

Naturally also more seizable innovations may not be missing. The fifth-hasty bar beside the ball leader is noticeable immediately, that indicates you whether the player straight is in an optimal throw position, a "HotSpot" - has Visual Concepts the material Positonen investigated, which are appropriate for the professionals particularly well.

Nowitzkis bar will green light up thus also at the three-throw line. There is a sophisticated Streetball mode with different disciplines of the Slamdunk Contest for the first time with NBA Blacktop over three point competitions up to the 3 vs. 3-Match. One has on spectacular scenes as particularly read itself Vegas & CO concentrated - inclusive DJ, Rauchfontaenen and lightning thunderstorm.

Very cool is to be gotten that one can insert obstacles with the Slamdunkwettbewerb also such as cars or chairs, in order a higher valuation. New it is also that one can to be able to be indicated now the play courses of the Playbooks in the play. Speak: While you dribble, a line shows you on the parquet, where it must run or fit.

That is a class idea, because so a risers or Taktikmuffel can rehearse finally the play courses actively. Altogether this NBA 2K8 might tie also without graphic jumps to the outstanding quality of the predecessor. Unfortunate it is only that one bad diagram nose (trousers dissolves; Mercury leotards) to a minimum reduce, but according to developer to not completely drive out could.

NBA 2K8 comes for PS3 and Xbox 360 leagues & CO inclusive with full on-line support.

This what I call great news ,NBA 2K7=brilliant games and NBA 2K8=better than NBA 2K7 so for me it's all good news.

barondaviswy3.jpg

How come the crowd looks so much different than in the other screens?

This looks like a photo or CG!

That Baron Davis photo is real life, I put it there to compare.

I feel that 2K8 looks better, the player models are better and the lighting also.

New Preview

About 6 weeks to release and know videos, 2K WTF?!

NBA 2K8 Hands-On
It looks like another slam dunk for 2K Sports.

When the buzzer rings and the crowd begins filing out of the arena, you still have reason to avoid quitting to the main menu. The post game show starts with the Jordan Player of the Game. You'll see the player's stats and their highlight reel. It even shows their hot zones and how well they shot around the court. Then comes the top 3 plays of the game. If that's not enough, you get signature highlights for every player. Let's say you play Celtics vs. Suns. You can click on Kevin Garnett and see his highlight reel. Then check out all of Nash's dope dishes. And Barbosa's sweet jumpers. If that isn't enough, you can go through a catalogue of every single play in the entire game and choose any replay you want to watch. That's hot.

Last edited:
Re: NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3 - 1st TRAILER!!!

NBA 2K8 1st TRAILER

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:shock::shock: :shock: It looks more detailed and beautiful than NBA2K8 ,gameplay has improved too. It's crazy to see this level of realism ,lots of more celebration animation too .Konami take a look at this and see how far you can bring PES .

:lol:

do you guys know where i could import this awesome game for ps3? i think the game will be released in europe around december/january maybe even later but i dont want to wait much longer.

Back
Top Bottom