NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

Re: NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3 - 1st TRAILER!!!

I've pre ordered it from Play.com for £30 :thumbup:

Due for release on 26/10/2007

I'm pretty sure that it will, on the 2k forums people are saying October.

some new pics from 2ks site
NBA2K8-Screen1.jpg

NBA2K8-Screen2.jpg

NBA2K8-Screen3.jpg

NBA2K8-Screen4.jpg

NBA2K8-Screen5.jpg

this game keeps looking better and better. the faces are just incredible.

Firstly its about 2k about time they updated that site!

Secondly those pics are amazing and its lining to be another winning year for the NBA 2k guys.

:applause:

:D

Same trailer but in high res, click or right click and save as

The graphics in this game is just amazing. If you would walk by a TV playing this game you would think it's an actual NBA match going on. This game is right up there with COD4, Killzone 2 etc when it comes to graphics. It has the most real graphics I've ever seen. Imagine PES looking like this in 2-3 years, it will be amazing.

Seriously if I would show these pictures to my mom or anyone else who knows nothing about computers and such she would say it's real life pictures.

Re: NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3 - 3 new gameplay videos!

IGN have got 3 new gameplay videos, enjoy.

Picture4.png

Thats the 2 commentators actually in the game :8):

Last edited:

The videos are awesome, the environment and details are amazing. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Thanks for posting the links, tobi. :)

Picture4.png

Thats the 2 commentators actually in the game :8):
If there's no untucked shirts, and no "smack" noise when I throw the ball at the commentator's face (followed by "WHAT THE HELL?!"), I'm not buying this game.

If there's no untucked shirts, and no "smack" noise when I throw the ball at the commentator's face (followed by "WHAT THE HELL?!"), I'm not buying this game.

my sentiments exactly

howver nba live 08 is complete garabge this year

NBA 2K8 Updated Hands-On: Association Mode Details

939854_20070907_screen003.jpg

939854_20070907_screen004.jpg

939854_20070907_screen006.jpg

939854_20070907_screen010.jpg

More new pics

Bornindamecca said:
Originally Posted by Beluba;2037718814
yeah... i don't know what's up with those jaggy screenshots. but i agree they look pretty horrible. don't worry, the game looks incredible on my plasma, all 3 of my monitors, and every tv at work. the art team really did a great job this year imo. and you'll just have to take my word for it, but we NEVER photoshop our screenshots. that's just not right.

"just gonna chime in on a few things. first off, since I've posted this the past 2 years, guess I'll post it again. don't expect to be able to fairly evaluate our game (or any game for that matter) based on a few short video clips and trailers. remember people saying how much 2k7 looked like 2k6 when the first vids were released? it's a completely different experience when you get your hands on the thing. there's so much stuff we've done both cosmetically and under the hood in 2k8 that you're never going to get a good feel for until you actually spend some quality time with the game. from the animation content to the AI, you guys are just going to love the depth that we've put into this title as you work your way through your seasons. I mean, I work on the thing every day and I still look forward to playing a few games every night before I go to bed. I don't like building up hype and I don't want anyone to have unrealistic expectations, but man... 2k8 really makes 2k7 look and feel... old.

about the cell phone bars. the number of bars represent a player's proficiency from that given range, not tendency... although the 2 are usually very closely related. the color of the bars represent the player's streak status (neutral, hot or cold.) the hotspot data from nba.com is also incorporated into this system. so for example, if bruce bowen has 3 bars from 3PT range, he might get up to 4 bars when he's set up behind the arc in the corners. for 360, we also rumble the controller very subtly when a player is in a hot zone for further feedback.

and yes, we've added logic for non-PGs like Lamar Odom and Bron Bron to set up the offense.

lastly, since several people have inquired... we've added other attributes that you guys requested to help further differentiate players. Along with Shoot in Traffic & Shoot off dribble, we've hooked up Quickness, Vertical, Hustle, Strength, On-ball Defense, and Standing Dunk. There might be a couple more but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. you don't think I started that thread for nothing did you?"

Quote from a 2K dev

Last edited:

The king of the hard court is back and better than ever with the all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. NBA 2K8 continues a five year legacy as the #1 rated NBA simulation with in-game features that bring basketball to life like never before.

Features:

* Sprite Slam Dunk Contest - Live from Las Vegas, 2K is bringing you the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, hosted by street legend Bobbito Garcia. Choose from hundreds of dunks and a vast array of props as you compete against the NBA's finest dunkers in this 4 player event. The Sprite Slam Dunk Contest is also playable online; it's here that you can prove to the world that you are the greatest dunker there is.

* More Signature Style - Customizable Free Throws, Dribble Moves, and Dunks give users total control over the way their favorite players play on the court. All new signature shots from many of your favorite NBA players, including #1 draft choice Greg Oden, as well as individual post and dribble moves, makes NBA 2K8 the most authentic NBA simulation on the market.

* Off-Ball Control - Run quick on the fly sets to get your favorite player the ball in the best situation for him to get a quick bucket. Use the Get Open button for a fast play, or call for the exact situation you want with the Off-Ball Control menu. On offense, you now have the option to switch off the ball handler to other players where you can call for alley-oops, jostle for post-position, set screens, etc.

* A Whole New Look - Every NBA player has been completely redone to improve likenesses and overall graphical quality. Kevin Harlan and Kenny Smith now deliver emotionally charged commentary and the new Game Wrap-Up feature allows you to choose the kind of post game show you watch.

* Lock-On D - All-new defensive controls give users more control of their player than ever before! Use the right analog to play tighter defense on the ball-handler, body up on the ball handler, and run advanced defensive sets.

* The Association - Run your franchise by identifying player roles, balancing playing time, and keeping team morale up. The Hoopcast Simulator makes simulating games exciting while SimCentral centralizes all necessary information for real-time stats, standing, injuries, and much more.

* 2K Online - Nobody does online gaming like 2K Sports and this year we have added tons of new features including a news ticker that updates you with sports headlines across the country, a user customizable Front Page display, and a Co-op mode that allows 2 users to play on the same team against the AI.

* 2K8 Soundtrack - Featuring Common, Q-Tip, Run DMC, J-Dilla, Quasimotto, Cut Chemist, Devo, Stone Roses, Fishbone, Tommy Guerrero, Breakestra, G-Love, Quantic and many more.

Roll on October 26.

Good question I forgot about that.

nba-2k8-20070913050421840.jpg

nba-2k8-20070913050424527.jpg

Memo to 2K Sports.

Dear sirs please make a football game (Not American football)

Regards Cammey.

It has to happen at some point.

2K were On the Spot yesterday videos coming soon.

10 mins into the show NBA 2K8 starts.

Last edited:
Re: NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3 - Ultimate Fan Video #2

Tobi ,you rock with all your informations :applause::applause:
I'm extremely happy with the fact that they've improved defending specially blocks cause I thought it was a little (maybe just for me )to block opponents even when it's a very short PG against Yao Ming .I hope they improve collision which is already really good ,when the player handles the ball ,I want him to "touch" the ball and not have his hands stuck to the ball .I'm not sure if you guys get my point .Same thing goes when dunking ,the players don't make contact with the basket.Other than NBA2K7=18/20 for me ,this one can only get better .It's only sporting game I have 100% trust of its quality.
Cheers

I think there is a picture that shows someone touching the basket so thats an improvement and the other things you mentioned I'm sure they'll get improved too. There is a very good and realistic collision in the new video :thumbup:

2K along with Sports Interactive are 2 of very few developers who you know will deliver every time.

tobi
2K Online - Nobody does online gaming like 2K Sports and this year we have added tons of new features including a news ticker that updates you with sports headlines across the country, a user customizable Front Page display, and a Co-op mode that allows 2 users to play on the same team against the AI.

dude the last part has me excited, do you want to play co-op vs the cpu with me? I wonder if this included the association mode..

tobi
2K Online - Nobody does online gaming like 2K Sports

Well, 2K7 had a big amount of lag in every game. And the games were totally different from offline play. Way too fast and only dunking.

It was also impossible to time shots and free throws because of the lag.

Well, 2K7 had a big amount of lag in every game. And the games were totally different from offline play. Way too fast and only dunking.

It was also impossible to time shots and free throws because of the lag.

but the college hoops version didnt, they fixed the online bugs in that version mate

tobi
2K Online - Nobody does online gaming like 2K Sports and this year we have added tons of new features including a news ticker that updates you with sports headlines across the country, a user customizable Front Page display, and a Co-op mode that allows 2 users to play on the same team against the AI.

dude the last part has me excited, do you want to play co-op vs the cpu with me? I wonder if this included the association mode..

Count me in :thumbup:

Demo: NBA 2K8
Content: NBA 2K8 Demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] Download the demo.
Size: 325.23 MB

Download it n give us feedback!

On the 2K forums its been posted that the PS3 demo ill be this Thursday or next Thursday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom