NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

hmm.. i had a go at online and i have to say its pretty bad...
everything its a few milliseconds off, so like if you press pass it passes a few milliseconds later. this makes shooting almost impossible turning everygame into a dunk contest or all layups.. :( also free throws have to bes hot with sixaxis. combine that with the timing thing and its really hard to make them.

hmm.. i had a go at online and i have to say its pretty bad...
everything its a few milliseconds off, so like if you press pass it passes a few milliseconds later. this makes shooting almost impossible turning everygame into a dunk contest or all layups.. :( also free throws have to bes hot with sixaxis. combine that with the timing thing and its really hard to make them.

Anyone else having the same problem?

YES!!!!!

finally i won a game. i chose the suns because their style is very difficult to play but in the end i won with my hard defence in the first 3 quarters where the game was practically finished.

132-118. KG with 46 points, 16 rebounds and 7 assists. pierce 25 points and allen 11 points but also with 7 assists. i am happy that i also scored with pierce and allen because it was difficult to create shots for them in my previous matches. after they doubled KG i had room on the 3-point-line for allen and pierce. :D

now i can move on step by step and play a whole season.

I've just played my first online game and it was a smooth experience.

ok guys, offence problem is solved now lets get back to defence. can you give any tips? the lock-on defence is good but i have problems with players who penetrate. as its difficult to block, the referee often calls for a foul.

The first minute of the game was a bit behind but after that it settled down and I had a good game.

Have you played a lot online?

yes it is much better.

btw, i had my best game so far. started a season with boston and had my first game vs. philadelphia. i started well and had no problems in the offence UNTIL garnett had foul trouble. they kept playing under the basket and had a high fg %. nevertheless i kept my lead until the last quarter. then, only a few seconds to play. philly takes the lead and only 6 seconds to play. i play the ball to allen, 2 seconds left, i was not sure if he was behind the line but i just throw it with a hand in his face and BANGGGGG!!!!! OVERTIME!!!

with kg back on the court i won the game 103-98. but still a lot to do in the offence for me.

I played an online game yesterday and it was very, very fast, I tried to slow it down but it didn't work. It was end to end stuff.

I know it's a different sport, but is NHL 2k8 a good game too ? It's made by the same people so I figure it's better than the EA NHL08 game ?

I haven't played it but from listening to the 1UP Sports Anomaly podcast they say the game is poor and that NHL 08 is the best sports game this year.

gomito, i have some questions mate.

when you are struggling in the offence, whats the first thing you do? play patiently until you get a good shot opportunity or play to your big man who tries to make the basket under the rim? i was leading by 23 vs portland in the middle of the 3rd quarter but then same problems again. i only scored 10 points in the 4th.

and do you have any special tips for the defence?

last but not least, which plays do you use if you use some of them? which of them are very useful? i tried beluba screen a few times but somehow it didnt work.

gomito, i have some questions mate.

when you are struggling in the offence, whats the first thing you do? play patiently until you get a good shot opportunity or play to your big man who tries to make the basket under the rim? i was leading by 23 vs portland in the middle of the 3rd quarter but then same problems again. i only scored 10 points in the 4th.

and do you have any special tips for the defence?

last but not least, which plays do you use if you use some of them? which of them are very useful? i tried beluba screen a few times but somehow it didnt work.

on defense i will go to a 2-3 zone to force them to take outside shots. On offense i like the pg post to get an easy basket, but i have gilbert arenas who is a top point guard. I would run a play to your best player. What team are you using?

I haven't played it but from listening to the 1UP Sports Anomaly podcast they say the game is poor and that NHL 08 is the best sports game this year.

1up is a pile of shit who said that out of spite. NHL2k8 is a decent game and far from poor. NHL08 is terrible on defense... its really fake.. NHL2k8 is hard and a true simulation. I dont think its as good as NBA 2k8 in terms of gameplay

on defense i will go to a 2-3 zone to force them to take outside shots. On offense i like the pg post to get an easy basket, but i have gilbert arenas who is a top point guard. I would run a play to your best player. What team are you using?

still boston. when i struggle i just pass the ball to garnett who slams it in or draws a foul. but i want some alternatives.

give perice the ball and let him post up... or get ray allen off a screen play.. you have so many options..

I didnt know B-Ball was this technical, i just thought they ran from end to end and were fucked if you missed when you was attacking :)

I wish i could get back into Basketball really, i used to love playing the games on the megadrive up to the ps2

I didnt know B-Ball was this technical, i just thought they ran from end to end and were fucked if you missed when you was attacking :)

I wish i could get back into Basketball really, i used to love playing the games on the megadrive up to the ps2

holy shit dude. It can be very very tactical/technical. If you try and run and gun against the cpu in this game. It wont work(well it might for a while, then they will double team your guy) If you liked those games, you will love this game, it is so goddamn realistic. The only problem i have is that each game takes an hour, i wish they would move faster... BUT thats a catch 22, cause that is what makes is so realistic. This game is really the best sports sim ever, i used to think WE(we7i) was, but this is what a footie game should be. For crying out loud they have the NBA salary cap and luxury tax programmend into the game, so you could never end up with like kobe, garnett, and lebron on the same team! Coopz rent it!

Me to - the games on the mega drive were good fun (thats the last time I played a basketball game - but I loved it) - I was thinking about this game. But I think it will be too technical for me, I don't follow basketball either so it will be quite hard I think.

Me to - the games on the mega drive were good fun (thats the last time I played a basketball game - but I loved it) - I was thinking about this game. But I think it will be too technical for me, I don't follow basketball either so it will be quite hard I think.

well if you check out the website i posted in this thread, there are alot of tips. They also have tranining and practice in the game. If you get bored of fifa and dont have a game to play, i highly suggest this.

i had the last 2k basketball game and it was bloody hard

the buttons were mixed up for a start so i couldn't shoot and they said something about one of the sticks changing hands, leaning and stuff but i just couldn't get used to it

i couldn't even do tricks!!!

i had the last 2k basketball game and it was bloody hard

the buttons were mixed up for a start so i couldn't shoot and they said something about one of the sticks changing hands, leaning and stuff but i just couldn't get used to it

i couldn't even do tricks!!!

i have seen you play PES and fifa, trust me, if you play enough you can get it... you can shoot with the right stick or the a button, you can also do moves with the stick, by flicking the left stick you can switch hands, the possibilities are awesome... you just need to practice and play

Back
Top Bottom