NBA 2K8 - 360, PS3

ok guys, played for some hours and need a break now. i kept up until the thrid quarter and after that the same problems happened again. i had some good shots in the first half but i cant create shots, even not with the in-game tactics. the opponent is too strong with this shots from beyond the arc and from mid-range. either i have to be patient and lose the next 10 games to learn the game better or i just kick this game into the corner and play something else.

Yea, hang in there.

Im playing with the Suns and I love it but Shawn Marion hardly dunks and its pissing me off a bit.

Yea, hang in there.

Im playing with the Suns and I love it but Shawn Marion hardly dunks and its pissing me off a bit.

keep playing, hahah, dude i hardly dunk too, but if you watch and nBA game there arent that many dunks in traffic, mostly on breakaways and loose rebounds under the rim this game is awesome, too bad online sucks, not because of lag mind you, but it is really arcadey....

Every game I get at least 1 or 2 statements from Amare in the paint. I've had some dunks on fast breaks etc.

I have not been online yet, I'll wait for the patch.

well, i cant dunk, i press R2 but neither in traffic nor when the player is running towards the basket i cant dunk. in the training mode it works.

and i also cant remember when i had my last fast break points. :mrgreen:

I dunk the ball with Amare when he is near or under the rim.

Finally got it !!!!!

Amazing game !!!

The game is nicer than the demo (less aliazed). And I don't know how you guys play but I started directly by using Alternate B (Dribbling and Defending with the right stick like I was playing on 2K7 on PS2).
After a first frustating game (I didn't read the manual ^^), I played a better second (very close score, I lost 54 to 49 with the Nets (I love Kidd) against the Miami Heat) because of a 30 minutes training which helped me a lot ;).
Here's what I've learned :
- Defending with :l2: to lock the face to face player and the right stick to steal the ball is very intuitive and usefull.
- :square: is the shoot/lay up. Mixing it with the sprint :r2: makes the player layup or dunk...Okay but the most usefull is :r2:+:l2:+Right Stick to "force" the layups and dunks because with the right stick you can choose a forced left or right handed ones depending on the direction you choose.

The only thing is that I don't know how to perform an Alley Hoop dunk. When I've tried :l2:+:x: it made an Alley Hoop but finishing with a layup.
Any Idea?

IMO this game is simply the best Sport Simulation ever made and deserves at least a 9/10.

Alley Hoop dunk depends on who your passing to, I did with Steve Nash passing to Amare who slammed it in. Other times I've done but players like Barbosa, Bell n Hill finish with lay ups.

Okay but the most usefull is :r2:+:l2:+Right Stick to "force" the layups and dunks because with the right stick you can choose a forced left or right handed ones depending on the direction you choose.

Thank you very much, The Matrix is now dunking!

\\:o/:8)::applause::D

You're welcome mate !

I've made some amazin dunks with Air Canada Carter with this trick !!
This game is hard...I can win or lose on Pro and that's only the second difficulty level !!
Now I must learn all the tactical calls with :l1: + the direction.

And tobi do you know how to work under the basket ?
I mean playing with :l2: is a back work, then mixing it with :triangle: is to make some reverses. But I don't know how to do it "manually"...

Sorry for my bad English :(

When I'm under the basket with Amare sometimes I back down the defender and then 'explode' for a dunk or hook shot. Other times I just create space, change the play or tell my players to get open.

I have not mastered the post spin moves or reserve moves yet.

Are people ready for a Evo Web online league (PS3)?

I haven't tried yet.

Will you join the Evo Web online league?

I still need to get the game!
I am going to give the demo a try and decide from there.
I will most def join the league even though I will suck immensely at the game.

I'm on PS3 so you can count on me ;)
But I won't be online many times because of my work and near to come wedding :D

Thank you bro !!

I didn't try yet the online mode.
I'm practicing again....
This game is awesome !! Yesterday I was the Nets against Boston at New Jersey.
Boston and Garnett are incredible in the game, I was losing by 9 at half time...then I changed my style (I was playing a lot with the couple Kidd-Carter) and started playing with the strenght of Magloire !!
My greatest game because I was losing by one with 2 seconds left and then called a timeout to begin my play from the half court.
I called a tactic to make a screen on Kidd who didn't score any point in that game because of Paul Pierce and finally got the Buzzer Beater !!!
I was like a kid in my home screaming "YESSSS AT THE BUZZERRRR !!!!"
That's the kind of feeling that I can't get in PES and FIFA !
I LOVE THIS GAME ;)

Thank you very much my friend !!

I hope you changed your mind on this game because when we learn all the possibilities and tactics it becomes simply a fantastic game !!

Thank you bro !!

I didn't try yet the online mode.
I'm practicing again....
This game is awesome !! Yesterday I was the Nets against Boston at New Jersey.
Boston and Garnett are incredible in the game, I was losing by 9 at half time...then I changed my style (I was playing a lot with the couple Kidd-Carter) and started playing with the strenght of Magloire !!
My greatest game because I was losing by one with 2 seconds left and then called a timeout to begin my play from the half court.
I called a tactic to make a screen on Kidd who didn't score any point in that game because of Paul Pierce and finally got the Buzzer Beater !!!
I was like a kid in my home screaming "YESSSS AT THE BUZZERRRR !!!!"
That's the kind of feeling that I can't get in PES and FIFA !
I LOVE THIS GAME ;)
yeah it is a great game. hey man congrats on the wedding! I will be doing the same in about 9 months.

Back
Top Bottom