NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

Poster dunk by Kobe on Dampier, he fell backwards in a straight line :LOL:

EDIT:NBA Developer Insights - Art Direction

Of course, many of you are familiar with Image Metrics because of Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto . They generated hundreds of animations for the dialog and narrative of the game. But taking that technology and adapting it to about 1000 different characters in the NBA was a bit of a challenge. It’s created a really sophisticated system to get our facial animations and builds in the most realistic way possible. Combining animation generated by their proprietary capture process and the advanced head rig, we were able to give the players the ability to emote. You’ll be able to see them breath heavily and search for an open position as they dribble back down the court. Occasionally, they’ll check the score or cheer on the crowd. That being said, everyone will be doing something with their face. Go into replay and you’ll see what I mean. On that note, you can look for more than a hundred guys with signature facial animations . Watch Vince Carter as he kisses the basket, Garnett pouting or screaming, or Yao disputing a foul. These are just a few examples of our signature animations

You will also see a ton of new things on the sidelines and bench. As you have seen from some of the screens, players now will wear a variety of warm-ups before getting checked into the game. But there are also more than 200 new ambient bench player animations to check out . These include new celebrations, dejections, anticipations, and general observing animations as well as a set dedicated for the coach in a huddle. But that’s not all! You’ll see your team cheerleaders and mascot performing new animations as well. The cheerleaders will have a ton of new dance moves and team mascots will more accurately represent their real life counterpart. You will see a wide array of random animations as well. Want an example? One of your players can now run into the mop boy! These animations are all something to look out for while playing the game that just brings our presentation to another level.

We also put a huge emphasis into our uniform selection this year. We weeded out many of the less popular ones over the years and added a ton that you guys suggested (Cleveland in the late 70’s, etc.) We also wanted to add jerseys that are becoming popular during theme nights/weeks from the past couple years, such as Latin Nights and Green Week . You will be seeing El Heat and Los Bulls as selectable jerseys this year.

image.cfm

l_0463e570a8384a829596622dfc298c4d.jpg

l_f120d26b54794ee387ca84e6b8e36741.jpg

l_ab65758f4c6249a8999041e666551a29.jpg

Last edited:

Lots of new pics here

media

media

media

media

media

Steve Nash looks better thankfully.

as realistic as the models are, but why the heck are the jerseys floating over the shoulders?

Maybe dynamically it looks better that way, screens sometimes tell a different story than the game in motion.

The jerseys have always looked off, their paper thin.

The jerseys are like that to prevent uglier clipping issues once they move the arms. If they put the jersey "attached" to the body, then they should stretch it all the time to adapt to the general movement of the body and that would consume LOTS of processor and render. It's a trick that makes it look odd at close-ups but in gameplay view it works.

I'll post this in here since there isn't a dedicated thread for the game.

I've been playing the Live 10 demo and it isn't leaving a positive impression on me. I can definitely see Mike Wang's influence on this game though.

- The controls aren't intuitive enough and I'm struggling to to do anything worthwhile because of it. If anything it just shows how awesome Isomotion is, anyone know how to post up in the demo?

- The players (like FIFA) have this weird cartoon look to them.

- The number of plays (especially team authentic plays) that are available is superb, I hope 2K10 has something like this.

EDIT: Momentous Trailer 2

http://www.2ksports.com/videos/new/nba2k10/243

Last edited:

Hi Tobi, I tried the demo also and though it's not at the same level as 2k, I think EA has done huge strides with this game.

I didn't find the controls that bad, though it's true Isomotion is vastly superior and specially I hate how they do the rebounding. The net animation varies from superb to meh, but there are nice details like the rim bending because of the ball contact sometimes, or when there's a dunk.

There's some passing going through bodies and some animations aren't that flowing, specially hands/stealing and covering pass lanes is not as intuitive and refined as it is in 2k. On the other hand, last moment efforts to save the ball from going out, going to the floor to recover, etc... is quite well done.

But, overall and compared to last year's efforts it left a much better impression to me. I won't buy it, but I see the improvements they're doing (and they're borrowing a lot from the 2k series).

New videos, including one gameplay, should be a lot more this week.

Could be because of the person playing or the difficulty level but I wasn't impressed with the gameplay in the video, on a positive note the commentary is very good.

I've got Draft Combine :BOP:

Well there is no whatsoever defending in that video, but holy crap, the game looks/sounds/feel stunning. I can't wait to see that on a HD tv...

Join us when you can Jonney.

i havent bought a basketball game since nba live 2004 but i will be buying this 2 questions 1 tobi do you know where i can get that collectors edition and 2 is the draft combine really needed

i havent bought a basketball game since nba live 2004 but i will be buying this 2 questions 1 tobi do you know where i can get that collectors edition and 2 is the draft combine really needed

1 - Amazon.com and Gamestop.com will ship internationally, I cancelled my Gamestop order and went with Amazon, less hassle.

2 - Its not essential but it is a nice experience, its not going to be in the full game.

thanx really appreciate it live 04 put me off basketball games completeley but this game has really peaked my interest as i have been playing the demo for a few days now

I am really amused by this game, like the first time i saw nba2k7 at the E3 and i thought it was the best sport game i had ever seen.

I think its October 9.

I hope so too, I like that you can now fake a double team, it opens up so many possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom