NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

Hell yes.

Lets do this then. you can also teach me how to play this game properly etc. we'll try and organise a evo web NBA team.

Count with me! I'm not a master in the game but have good sense of teamplay (I follow european basketball because of Barcelona and Spain besides NBA). As in Fifa, I prefer to pass and find good spots rather than going berserk to the hoop.

By the way, no one still has managed to get Draft Combine?

Im in too if I get it which is highly likely.

I'm in too but i've got an Xbox 360, so i guess i can't play against you if you guys have a PS 3 ????

Tobi, quick question mate, where did you read up on how the pc version will have online play?
I'm in too but i've got an Xbox 360, so i guess i can't play against you if you guys have a PS 3 ????

get it on ps3

Lets do this then. you can also teach me how to play this game properly etc. we'll try and organise a evo web NBA team.

Hell yes.

Count with me! I'm not a master in the game but have good sense of teamplay (I follow european basketball because of Barcelona and Spain besides NBA). As in Fifa, I prefer to pass and find good spots rather than going berserk to the hoop.

By the way, no one still has managed to get Draft Combine?

Im in too if I get it which is highly likely.

count me in!

Ill be in if you get it for 360 ;)

I thought 09 was very well put together and looked very good but i never really got to grips with it all

I would like to though as i know it will be a awesome game when you know how to play it properly. I need help with it :)

That website for the leagues is unbelievable!

If Fifa had that It would be.......unbelievable ;))

fifa can't even let you play teams twice in a league :ROLL: makes Fifa look shoddy!

i still wish there was a "history of NBA" mode with all the teams the made the finals from the 80es to present. I'd love some proper lakers celtics or Utah Chigago and the likes of them.

i still wish there was a "history of NBA" mode with all the teams the made the finals from the 80es to present. I'd love some proper lakers celtics or Utah Chigago and the likes of them.

dudes there are xbox 360 share roster files for that... you can download any roster that anyone makes... I downloaded the 1993 roster with all playoff teams from that year. I was RUN DMC, with chris mullen, tim hardaway and mitch richmond

New Developer Insight - Audio

I managed to download the 2k10 Combine Demo from the USA PSN store. And then paid for the game activation with my Visa Credit Card and it went through. So, I have bought it and currently I'm downloading it. I'll try it in 30 minutes and hopefully tomorrow put some lines about first impressions. The good news seem to be we can buy it anyway!

Nice, I'll have to get some money asap. I'm playing the demo now, the create a player options are so deep!

The custom PA music is only on the 360 :BRICK:

I only created my player (solid player creation mode by the way, didn't take much time into it anyway) and did some drills and one match.

The drills are the same as in 2k9, only that there's a lot more subtelty in score, for example the "hands" drill detects different kinds of interception (tipped, intercepted, denied position, etc...).

I trained a little with my player and then played a match. It's very hard to beat a man because the game plays a little slower AND your player is mediocre at start, and you can see they are focusing a LOT on creating plays and spaces. Passing has been reduced in efficacy and it's hard to attack the basket, but at the same time if you play right you find good spaces and the AI is improved a LOT. I saw lots of deffendind and offensive movements by my teammates that never happened in 2k9.

So all in all a good start. Today I'll can properly play and post more impressions. By the way, I don't like AT ALL the new superimposed menu. It's not ergonomic at all.

PS: I created a point guard, as in real life I'm a good shooter but really short to play this sport (172 cms). Could be interesting to take positions in order to create our own club later on on 2k10. Not to have 5 point guards and no centers!

So this created player is then used for a specific club you create/join much like BAP in fifa?

Can you do training with other fellow BAP players so we can all improve our stats and overall team work?

last of all, where did you download this demo?

I am also gonna create my "John Stockton" kinda player. For our evo team i strongly suggest my beloved Utah Jazz....or it might be about time to give the Knicks a proper team...

So this created player is then used for a specific club you create/join much like BAP in fifa?

Can you do training with other fellow BAP players so we can all improve our stats and overall team work?

last of all, where did you download this demo?

Draft combine is not a game in itself but more of a training field for the upcoming 2k10. A kind of BAP trainer single player only. You create your player and train him with a limited ammount of challenges (6 drills and 6 complete matches).

First you have to edit your new player (there's a lot of skills and animations that can be assigned for every specific kind of shot). Once you have created the player, you get to develop him with the hope of getting him drafted.

Depending on your performance in drills and matches, your player develops more or less. Take into account he's a complete twat at the beggining, so you would want to develop him as much as you can in your limited challenges, because once you have completed them all, it's over. You can't develop him further.

If you manage to get drafted, then you can upload your player to 2k servers and once 2k10 launches, you recover him from the server and find him in the team he was drafted.

If you don't manage to draft him, you can create a new player (you can clone the appearance of the former one) a try harder to get drafted.

You can have only one player drafted. So, if you uploaded a player and upload a new one (because you performed better and evolved better in the challenges), the new one will override the old one.

The good thing is that once 2k10 arrives, you can play with this player in any mode, even ONLINE, and continue evolving him.

So, imagine we create a club and each of us plays with the virtual version of himself, created in draft combine and evolved to deserve a place in the nba!

All the drills and matches happen in the same stadium (Chicago training dome or something like that) and no real teams. Remember you are trainig to get a spot in the draft!

In my oppinion, the idea is genius. Today I'll play a little more to see what happens when all the challenges are complete, create a secondth player, etc...

Downloaded the demo from the EEUU Playstation Store. Bought it and activated it with my credit card. Probably when the game launches, I'll have to play with my EEUU account in PS3, but that's not a real drawback for me, only you'll have to look for "DrekkEEUU" (or something like that, which is my id for the usa account).

Is this demo on the 360?

Yes

@ Jonney, the gameplay in Draft Combine is more of 2K9.5, its not representative of the gameplay in 2K10.

Back
Top Bottom