NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

Yes

@ Jonney, the gameplay in Draft Combine is more of 2K9.5, its not representative of the gameplay in 2K10.

^ Yes, I forgot to tell you this. But it's nice anyway to have something like that to kill the time until we get a footy game or 2k110. But it feels much different from 2k9 already.

Have you tried Tobi? What do you think of it? I like the feeling of being rookies in the field trying to impress scouts but at the same time having to watch carefully for teamplay. I've found the AI a lot better.

I expect 2k10 to be a sweet and devoted great looking woman following around the world while draft combine is a hot teen you go to the cinema with. Sorry for the comparison. May be I'm getting old. :CONFUSE:

I can't really comment on the gameplay because you can only play scrimmage games in the demo. I will say that the players felt more loose, I can now position my player just in front of the half court line and he wont automatically go into an animation and cause a back court violation.

I did spend twenty minutes creating my player though, took me ages deciding what colour shoes to have :D

:LOL: That'll be in 2K11, complete with editable nets sounds.

I can't really comment on the gameplay because you can only play scrimmage games in the demo. I will say that the players felt more loose, I can now position my player just in front of the half court line and he wont automatically go into an animation and cause a back court violation.

I did spend twenty minutes creating my player though, took me ages deciding what colour shoes to have :D

What about a screen of the player...or at least ell us his shoes colour....you are such a shoe teaser dude...

1000409d.jpg

1000414.jpg

1000415l.jpg

Last edited:

Its gold and black.

Probably won't be able to buy the full game until later this month and I don't think I can play 2K9 any more.

Hey, I also have metrosexual... emh, I mean golden boots! Only I chose a Air Jordan model. I played 2 more matches, and it's great. You really feel they are scouting you, you are penalized for bas passing, bad shooting decisions (even if they go in), turnovers, fouls, not defending appropiately... It's incredible the level of detail they have.

Once a match ends, you're given a report of what you've done right and wrong. You can earn skill points depending on your performance to improve your player. I have upped my virtual myself from 39 to 41. Great, isn't it? I am evolving as a guard point Calderon-style, can pass and can shoot even if I'm not that athletic.

So far, so good.

2K are silently blaming Sony for not having custom PA in the PS3 version of the game. That's BS though because MLB 09 The Show has custom soundtracks, custom PA audio and you can also create your own audio and put it into the game. On top of that PES 2009 (which was released in October 2008), has custom soundtracks and custom PA too.

The awesome devs at Criterion patched custom soundtracks into Burnout Paradise on the PS3, there are a decent number of other games that have custom soundtracks too.

Its not a major thing in the grand scheme of things but it's a great feature and it sucks that they didn't include it in the PS3 version.

:RANT:

2K10 Achievements

I can get most of these playing the game normally, I'll be going flat out for a Platinum trophy.

The Slam Dunk Contest is the only potential stumbling block, I hate the controls that it uses.

The Slam Dunk Contest is the only potential stumbling block, I hate the controls that it uses.
I tried that mode for a laugh the other day - I agree with you, the controls are horrible!

I'm pretty good at the slam dunk contest cos the controls are like Skate. and I love them games :D

New teaser trailer

:COOL:

On second thought, I wish they would show some defense.

Last edited:

I didn't like this one that much. It lacked the emotional impact of the first one. But at least they're showing a lot more than they did in last year teasers.

Will the US Draft Combine download work with a PAL version of NBA 2K10 on PS3? Im tempted to buy it now from the US PSN but im worried it wont work. 2K Sports are being really annoying. Why cant they release this in Europe already? I saw that its available in Hong Kong, India, Taiwan and South Korea. What about the UK FFS! Is it actually going to come out at all or is it going to be one of those exclusive features for those on the other side of the ocean? I don't mind waiting but they haven't even announced any plans for its release here yet!

We beat you yesterday 84-76 (though I thought Spain would win for a huge margin), so in al fairness it should be available here first!

BillyBoy, no ones know yet if it'll work, the only way around it is to import the NTSC version but that will cost you a bit more.

Yesterday I created my secondth player in Draft Combine (by deleting files on the hard disk, note it) and made a shooting guard with good stats on 3 pts. It's great that I can easily score 3 pointers (being a point guard focused in passing I almost never did) but at the same time my pass stats are horrible and my importance in the team is reduced, they ignore me a bit most of the times., maybe because it's hard to constantly look for a good shooting position when your physic stats are weak...

Seems nice how all things tend to balance a little.

That's all good stuff, player model, dull commentary and poor facial expressions were the few things i didn't like about the game.

I hope the menus are gonna be rewritten too. As for the rest, i have a feeling this is gonna be the sport game of the year.

You can clearly see that they were not happy about Mike's departure, but i do wonder how come they didn't have a deal in the contract that he could not work for their competitors???

Still that forces them to come up with new stuff and makes competition tougher, good for us.

I'm guess it was a personal thing regarding Mike Wang, family was mentioned in the interview. Also he joined when Live 09 was being developed but he didn't work on that game, perhaps that was a gardening leave type thing.

The menus in DC are new and their better but I don't like that you have hold up, down, left, right on the dpad to select an option.

Back
Top Bottom