NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

2K10 Kobe Teaser trailer

Some things are too dark but a dev has posted on OS that its nothing to worry about.

Kobe's spin move looks really good and the choice of music is perfect.

Is it only me who thinks that Kobe's face is not modeled correctly? In fact 2k9 kobe resembles more to his real counterpart.

But the trailer is great, 2k10 is a must buy for me. I would just love to play with you guys, but there's only one thing putting me back: I wouldn't be able to use the headset with you, surely I wouldn't understand you (I write english far better than I understand it spoken, and in a 5 player team I would feel like Borat amongst the Lakers).
Could it be played anyway without headset, isn't it? I would love to play alongside other "mature" players.

It looks good in one of the screens but a bit weird in another.

We don't need a headset to play with each other, we just need to get to grips with the game for a bit and then learn each others styles etc.

It works for me that way when I play Clubs in FIFA.

New Developer Insight -
My Player

Sounds like the deepest BAP mode to date.

EDIT: Video Game Plus and Movietyme haven't got back to me about the Anniversary Edition.

Thanks to a recommendation from Jaygrim, I've pre ordered it from Gamestop.com. The total was $124.97 (£79) :PRAY:

Last edited:

Are you on PS3 or 360?

the 360. Created a US account and found the trail but without a US credit card account I can't buy points.
I've checked online and you can only buy a minimum of 1600 points for like £18 which isn't worth it for me seeing as I don't see myself buying anything else from the american store

I've read on the 2K forums that on the 360 is almost impossible to get it, some people have created US accounts, bought US MS points and it still didn't work.

Their is one person who did get it to work though.

It has everything, its the same as the PS3/360 versions.

I've read on the 2K forums that on the 360 is almost impossible to get it, some people have created US accounts, bought US MS points and it still didn't work.

Their is one person who did get it to work though.

Hmmm...Not what I was hoping to hear. It's a shame cos the demo seems pretty good, I created my player and played 1 4-minute game and I played pretty well. 8 points, 2 assists a block and a steal....but cos it was a demo I couldn't progress any further.

:COOL:

I hope we can have a PS3 league this year.

Last edited:

Just played the NBA 2K9 demo (as tobi advised me to a while ago), and OH MY GOD :CONFUSE:... it looks/feels so real! The lighting, animations, sounds... everything just seems so real to the point where if the cursors and stuff weren't there, you could almost forget you were playing the game.
I wasn't too bad attacking but I couldn't defend to save my life :LOL: I just had to try to block them and hope they missed!

2K Sports :WORSHIP:

Just played the NBA 2K9 demo (as tobi advised me to a while ago), and OH MY GOD :CONFUSE:... it looks/feels so real! The lighting, animations, sounds... everything just seems so real to the point where if the cursors and stuff weren't there, you could almost forget you were playing the game.
I wasn't too bad attacking but I couldn't defend to save my life :LOL: I just had to try to block them and hope they missed!

Rob, do you think 2k sports could pull of a great "soccer" sim?

Rob, do you think 2k sports could pull of a great "soccer" sim?
They are awesome, they should definitely give it a go - I think it would be much better than anything EA and Konami are giving us at the moment.

(Waits for Placebo to say Prizefighter is shit ;)))

Last edited by a moderator:

:COOL:

Can tell it's unrealistic already.

Kobe passed :P

:LOL: he probably passed because he knows Fisher will give him the ball back.

I'm going to to try and buy it with my VISA debit card, if that doesn't work I'll import a US PSN card next month.

Tobi you could just buy a $10 PSN card from a US ebay seller. They usually e-mail codes within a couple of hours. However my main worry is would the Draft Combine content work with a PAL/EU version of NBA 2K10?

Just read this on the bottom of the electronictheatre.co.uk link that drekkard posted:

'No European release has yet been announced for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, but Electronic Theatre does expect the feature to arrive prior to the release of NBA 2K10. We’ll keep you posted.'

I'm importing the US version of the game like I did last year.

The PAL 2K8 was treated badly, I won't be making that mistake again.

I do hope player models will be better, such a beautifully animated game with a top notch atmosphere and a great gameplay deserve a next gen player model. For some reason player models are still ps2ish, that really annoys me.

And players faces need some work too.

A part from that a hell of a game.

I'm importing the US version of the game like I did last year.

The PAL 2K8 was treated badly, I won't be making that mistake again.
how was it treated badly?

anyways i am begining to enjoy nba 2k9 a bit now. i still dont know nothing about the team and players like i do for "soccer" but i am mixing up my play scoring in various ways and it seems to work well for me.

i am doing season mode with orlando magics and i won one and lost the other by 2 points!

I think i am getting good at stealing the ball or should i say tackling the players so i just got to me more consistant at that and on my offense and i will be ready to beat u one on one Tobi ;)

The UK 2K8 release was pushed back three times in three weeks if you get my drift. I went to GAME and HMV on three consecutive Fridays and was told each time that 2K had pushed it back.

On top of that the NTSC version of the game was patched but the PAL version wasn't, also the major roster update at the time (Shaq to Phoenix, Jason Kidd to Dalls etc) was released to the PAL game 6 weeks after the NTSC version.

I imported the US version, I got the in game ticker too.

ESPN 2K10 preview

The build was dated Wednesday, Aug. 26, and I was amazed at how everything from the player spacing to the defensive rotations and the way inside shots are contested (virtual Dwight Howard, in particular, swatted virtual Pau Gasol back to Spain) was improved in the latest edition of the franchise.

:LOL:

- 50 man Crews aka Clubs - with the ability to create logos and jerseys.

- New player ratings system.

- Improved defensive rotations and court spacing

- The option to send rookies into the D League to get some practice.

- 9000 new animations!

- Better facial expressions.

All we need now is news on the play calling system and gameplay videos.

Five weeks to go...

Last edited:

Me too, I get the feeling they'll be MLB 09 The Show type reviews, justifiable high scores everywhere.

I imported the US version, I got the in game ticker too.

ESPN 2K10 preview

:LOL:

- 50 man Crews aka Clubs - with the ability to create logos and jerseys.

- New player ratings system.

- Improved defensive rotations and court spacing

- The option to send rookies into the D League to get some practice.

- 9000 new animations!

- Better facial expressions.

All we need now is news on the play calling system and gameplay videos.

Five weeks to go...

BAP/clubs?? might be worth buying it on ps3 mate. fancy creating a nba team?

Back
Top Bottom