Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinbad

Sometimes when I'm really pissed I can't even be bothered to go to bed, thats how much effort has gone into this pap. Apparently, Ancient Greece featured American accents, and a half arsed story. I reccomend taking your kid brother if you really hate him. Worst movie I have seen since freddy got fingered! :D

Professor Nutmeg said:
MaX_NormaL said:
Linda Fiorentino is in it too... :twisted:

Another hot mamma.

Then I take it you like "The Last Seduction" and maybe "Jade" ;)

Yeah The Last Seduction is a great film, kinky, twisted mare that she is in it. Love her in that... :shock: I have not got round to watching Jade yet.

I did just watch The Bourne Identity though, it is an OKish film on it's own but I read the book years ago and it is nearly feck all like it. I HATE that when the film is nowt like the book... :x I don't expect a small version of the book but sheeit. Nearly as bad as the Judge Dredd film in that respect.

So, recommended if you haven't read the book, don't bother if you have.

Just bought the PAL version of Ichi The Killer today so gotta check that out tonight. :D

Just saw Charlies Angels 2. Oh dear god, but i think i've just seen the worst movie ever. :shock: Awful, just awful. Don't get me wrong, the girls are gorgeous, but even that can't save it. I love a good acton movie, if it's done right. but this was just one (bad) action scene after another, with a stupid plot and even worse acting.. don't get me started on perhaps cinemas worst atempt at an Irish accent. I pray to god they don't make another sequel....... :(

The first one wasnt that good anyway so I had a feeling full throttle would be tripe and why is Bill Murrays character from the first film now a black dude?.On another note has anyone seen terminator 3 yet?I loved the first two and from what ive seen the special effects look as good as anything but Im hoping it has the story to match.

fd1972uk said:
Watched Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back. Quite funny and a few big names in it too.

FD

A few big name?

Nearly every person was bigger than Jay and Silent Bob

Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, George Carlin, Carrie Fisher, Shannon Elizabeth, Eliza Dushku, Ali Larter, Seann William Scott, Will Ferrell, Judd Nelson and Chris Rock

Bruce Almight, I watched this on Friday night & have to say I was very dissapointed all the best bits are in the Trailer, It doesn't even come close to his classics like Lair Lair, The Mask & Ace Ventura, how this busted all Us box office I will never know?

5/10 Avoid ;)

I have a question for everyone. Was Ang Lee, director of The Hulk, picked for the job so that he could say, "You wouldnt like me when I`m Ang Lee"

I`ll get me coat ;)

Villafc said:
CWright said:
I have a question for everyone. Was Ang Lee, director of The Hulk, picked for the job so that he could say, "You wouldnt like me when I`m Ang Lee"

I`ll get me coat ;)

Very poor effort CW. :roll: ;)

It was funny in a cheesy sort of way though.
Nicely done :)

:mrgreen: hehehe........nice one CW. ;)

Watched The Others last night, quite enjoyed it, the twist was good too, kind of in a Sixth Sense way although not in an obvious way.

FD

I watched The Others for the second time last week and I thought it wouldn't be as interesting as the first time but it turned out OK. The only reason is because I didn't really remember how the ending was like, totally forgot that the mother killed the 2 children. :oops:

:mrgreen: LOL.............I was actually gonna say that after I read the post, but couldn't be arsed. :mrgreen:

FD

ClassicD said:
Oh thanks for that, not see it yet :roll: ...

Please mark spoilers, no matter how old the flick is!
Don't watch it, it's a really shitty movie. :)
Problem solved? :mrgreen:

I watched "Naked Gun 3 1/3 The final insult" last night. Funniest film I've seen so far.......

"I'm Lt Frank Drebin, you've got to let me in"

"Yeah, and I'm Robert De Niro"

"Mr De Niro, Let me in please!"

:mrgreen:

I just watched Terminator 3: Rise of The machines at the weekend here Stateside, very enjoyable, a good action flick with a storyline for a change. Is it out in Europe yet?

I have T3 round here somewhere an all, must dig it out and watch it :D

GRiNSTeR said:
ClassicD said:
Oh thanks for that, not see it yet :roll: ...

Please mark spoilers, no matter how old the flick is!
Don't watch it, it's a really ****ty movie. :)
Problem solved? :mrgreen:

i actually loked it, and thought it was far better than sixth sense.

Villafc said:
ClassicD said:
Anyone here seen 'Rushmore'?

Great movie there mate. It has pride of place in my dvd collection. :D It's not for everyone, but i think it's excellent.

What version do you have? I got the R1 Criterion Collection edition, fooking class all round so it is, loads of extras and the picture/sound quality is stunning. Wes Anderson (director) supervised the transfer himself supposedly.

A review of the version I bought can be found here, and can be purchased from here for £20 including delivery.

Mecca!

ClassicD said:
Villafc said:
ClassicD said:
Anyone here seen 'Rushmore'?

Great movie there mate. It has pride of place in my dvd collection. :D It's not for everyone, but i think it's excellent.

What version do you have?

Bare bones R2 version i'm afraid. :( Still, it's probably one of my favourite movies. I love Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson's work. So much so, that it's inspired me to change my avatar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom