Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen a film called "Bubble Boy"? Ok it's not a great piece of film-making and it's a cheesy story, but there are some genuine funny moments in there that I swear I nearly pished myself at. The lad from Donnie Darko is in it, Jake Gyllenhaal (sp?).

ClassicD said:
So you lads think it's quite good then, I read the following line in a review and thought it sounded pap horror-wise:

"Once you realise the ghost could have wiped out the heroes and the entire town a hundred times over, how can you care what set-pieces the screenwriter will devise next?"

I heard a flick called "Wrong Turn" is meant to be not bad, horror(ish) type of film too. Her from Buffy with the strange name is in it, Dushku.

Eliza Dushku - now you're talking !! Hubba Hubba. :D

One of my all time Faves.
faith.jpg

So that's two Buffy stars in so-so horror films then, hmmm. :l And Buffy herself in cack like Scooby Doo and that Harvard Man effort. Doesn't bode well for those fine babes...film career wise.

And that above quote about Darkness Falls could apply to lots of horror/normal films, even good ones. Will be checking out Wrong Turn though even if I don't have high hopes. And how fit was Eliza in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?

I've heard Jay and Silent Bob SB is hilarious, although I wasn't splitting myself with their antics in Mallrats!!

FD

I liked Mallrats too but some bits of it were a bit strained to me, almost forced. I put it down to it being their (Kevin Smith et al) first proper film and they got better. I still thought it was very good though on the whole.

Clerks is very good too but unusual in that it's all around the store Dante works in and in black and white, unless my version is duff. ;)

If you haven't seen Jay and Silent Bob I would recommend, even if only for Eliza. :D

Snickety Snick...

I saw Anger Management tonight and have to say I was little disappointed........Sandler & Nickelson, I thought it would be a match made in heaven but the film turned out to be quite average!!! :(

Ok script, decent acting and a fair few laughs but not enough in my opinion!!! Wait til it comes on Sky or acquire it by other means........ ;) [/b]

Jay and Silent Bob Premieres on Sky Movies this week. I might watch it if I remember its on

Okay I watched this Ring O, my god what a load of crap that was. Maybe it might've helped watching the other previous films before that, but what a load of p!sh. I guess the Ring is the only real good one, if it is that at all?

FD

p.s. I'll soon see The Eye, so don't start with 'Nah, you should get The Eye it's far better!' ;)

I recently saw "the Pianist". I loved it, great acting, great story.

Another movie I love is "Basketball Diaries" it just reminds me of my own life :)

joostebrood said:
Another movie I love is "Basketball Diaries" it just reminds me of my own life :)

that explains a lot joost ;) diaries is a great film tho, much like gilbert grape. crackers i tell thee.

What's the movie called where Keanu Reeves and River Phoenix are in together? Was that "My own private Idaho"?

I'm still curious what that movie's like.

fd1972uk said:
p.s. I'll soon see The Eye, so don't start with 'Nah, you should get The Eye it's far better!' ;)

Is this the Chinese movie that they filmed in Thailand?
If it is, then it's pretty good.

Grinster, think so, not sure about filming locations and stuff? Just know it's about a blind girl.

FD

I saw a really good film last night called Donnie Darko

check it out

I watched ZooLander the other night. At first I thought what is this shit!! but as the film went on it grew on me & I was laughing my head off! :mrgreen:

Dazza. said:
I watched ZooLander the other night. At first I thought what is this ****!! but as the film went on it grew on me & I was laughing my head off! :mrgreen:

that is a top film dazza, the walk off scene and when they get blown up are class, very very funnt and i highly reccommend it.

loz said:
Dazza. said:
I watched ZooLander the other night. At first I thought what is this ****!! but as the film went on it grew on me & I was laughing my head off! :mrgreen:

that is a top film dazza, the walk off scene and when they get blown up are class, very very funnt and i highly reccommend it.

:mrgreen: That Walk off scene is funny as fuck!!!

I also love his tiny Mobile phone! :mrgreen:

& the bit when they go to steel the files from the computer!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

''The Files are in side the computer'' :mrgreen:

yeah, and there are a few cameo's which is nice, i forgot all bout teh tiny fone, lol. he he.

Anyone heard or seen "Black & White", it follows this Rap Mogul whose tryin' to clean up his image, but all goes a bit wrong when some white kids, a basketball player, a cop & a few others involved...........

It's got quite a few stars in it: Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr, Brooke Shields, Jared Leto, but the best thing about it is Mike Tyson..........he plays himself, but he's well funny in it!!!!!

Anyone who likes a bit of Hip-Hop should check it....... 8) ;)

Also got Cowboy Bebop: The Movie.............quality, anyone who likes the series will love the film, simple as that!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom