Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hulk out in Europe yet? What a pile of horsesh*t that film is. It is so so utterly bad. Don't go and see it for your own mental health.

gunnerglory said:
Is Hulk out in Europe yet? What a pile of horsesh*t that film is. It is so so utterly bad. Don't go and see it for your own mental health.

What about me? I'm already mentally disturbed, would I enjoy it?

hutch said:
gunnerglory said:

Possibly, you're 15 and a virgin and you seem to have an open mind. if you were my son I would send you to it.

gunnerglory said:
hutch said:
gunnerglory said:

Possibly, you're 15 and a virgin and you seem to have an open mind. if you were my son I would send you to it.

Grrrrrreat!

GG - Johnny English - If you like Rowan Atkinson characters then I'm sure you'll find it not too bad. Kinda Mr Bean meets James Bond. I thought it wasn't too bad.

Went to see Anger Management last night and thought it was really funny. Definetely worth a watch if you like Sandler and Nicholson.

FD

Just watched 'The Way Of The Gun' with Benicio Del Toro & Ryan Phillippe, pretty good flick!!! Written & directed by the guy that wrote 'Usual Suspects'!!!! Clever in places, flat in others.............some good gun going's on!!! 8) ;)

James Caan's in it too..............ruthless bastud!!!! :D

fd1972uk said:
GG - Johnny English - If you like Rowan Atkinson characters then I'm sure you'll find it not too bad. Kinda Mr Bean meets James Bond. I thought it wasn't too bad.

Went to see Anger Management last night and thought it was really funny. Definetely worth a watch if you like Sandler and Nicholson.

FD

I think I'm gonna go see Johnny English anyways, it's not to often a European movie comes out over here so it's a good excuse. i watched Anger Management, it was good but there was nothing special about it, it was as if it had a beginning, an end and no middle. Anyways, Nicholson is class no matter what he plays.

Heh Milanista. Sorry for going off topic but has this SARS situation affected you at all?

no, the odds of getting SARS in toronto are less than 2 %.....lol on the news paper it even said the odds of you gettins SARS are less than strangling yourself.

Oh, I was just reading on the NYC newspapers this morning that a girl from Westchester, NY contracted SARS after visiting Toronto. Somebody has to get it I suppose, so that must mean that some people really do strangle themselves. What a strange world! :twisted:

what sickens me is those who are infected want to believe that they arent so they go around spreading it. THose people deserve to get punished!

Just seen Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, it was good fun but totally silly, some of the sh!t the Angels pull in it is hiliarious!!!!!

More bullet-time effects as well, but all-in-all the Angels LOOK better than ever and it's choc-full of action...........Recommended!!!!!!!! 8) ;)

I managed to refresh my memory of The Deer Hunter last night. Enjoyed it very much, although I could only remember certain bits of the film and was rather surprised I had forgotting as much as I did.

FD

Anyone seen MADE with Jon Favreau & Vince Vanghn?!?!?

Couple of small timers get involved with some Mob business.............Vanghn's character is fookin hiliarious!!!!

I laughed my ass off, anyone who liked "Swingers" should check this!!!! 8) ;)

I watched The Hulk the other night and it was probably the worst film I have seen this year.

Yes it looks comicy but they tried to build up the story as a tragic family tale of woe and heartbreak.

CRAP!!

CWright said:
I watched The Hulk the other night and it was probably the worst film I have seen this year.

Yes it looks comicy but they tried to build up the story as a tragic family tale of woe and heartbreak.

CRAP!!

I could have told you that Wrighty!

& i've not even seen it.

Villafc said:
Bottle Rocket is ok, but not Andersons best work. The Royal Tenebaums is brilliant though. I have the R2 special Edition.It really bugs me that Europe always seems to get half arsed DVDs with limited special features. :x

Arg Bottle Rocket is more than OK! It feckin rules! In many ways it is his best work because he's more free and doesn't overthink things. And it has the best script out of the 3 movies. Dignan is probably the best character too

Having said that Rushmore is probly my favourite out of all 3. Everything seems perfect about it, so unified.

Tenebaums is obviously great, but i think he overthinks the irrelevant details where before details were crucial to character. Like Max's costume changes being tied to his emotional state. But in TRT he gives Chas and his kids tracksuits and curly hair 'cos i thought it'd be funny'. Nothing against that, but it seems a bit of a copout to me.

CosaNostra said:
Well, the old one is really f**ked, but we still have to talk movies right?

Went to see Cidade de Deus yesterday (City of God) and I was totally blown away. It's about the favela's in Brazil, one in particular, and follows how kids turn into savage animals.
The place is happy and tragic, violent, but full of hope, at least that's how I felt leaving the cinema. 10/10

indeed!
totally agreed! one of the best movies ive seen in the last time and overall.

anyone seen Irreversible (sp?), its q.good but dodgy in places. I still havent seen a film better than La Haine or Run Lola run yet tho.

Milanista said:
Anyone watched 28 Days Later yet? heard it was scary as hell! :shock:

well... was good but not that great in my opinion. especially the beginning was very cool, the atmosphere was nice but then in the middle/end it switches to a 0815-crap-movie...

I enjoyed it, but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't say it was all that Scary too. Only one time did I jump in the movie and that's at the beginning when he goes up to the abandoned car in the middle of the street.

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom