Moggi tapes - Italian Football Scandal

Milanista said:
Germany had a referee scandal last year. England has a tapping problem. Dutch league have problems this year as well. You think football is always pretty? Rather than being disgusted, we should be encouraging examinations of leagues to kill it all.

FIFA themselves are corrupt. Just look up the Blatter corruption claims and the evidence available.

Tapping up is no where near the same as fixing a result. Also is the Premiership not the only league to actually come down on such offences.

hi chaps,

now that the verdict has settled in (and assuming there are no succesful appeals) - how do u rate any of the 3 relegated sides of going straight back up ?

I dont know a great deal of Serie B, only the matches I see on Eurosport and from books like the 'Miracle of Castel di Sangro', but i understand it's damn tough to get out of.

cheers

db

I think Lazio have a good chance.

They are only 7 points behind, and they dont have that many stars in the squad - so not that many might leave, can only really think of Pandev but even then he might stay.

Fiorentina are 12 points behind, I think they will not make Serie A for a few seasons, additionally they might have to sell Toni and have already sold Bojinov so I think goals will be hard for them.

Juventus will have real problems, they are 30 points behind, so will need something like 70 points just to stay up in Serie C. They will sell a lot of players, Buffon, Thuram, Vieira, Emerson, Trezugeut, Cannavaro.

seems like lazio and fiorentina will stay in serie a, juve minus points will be reduced to 17.

This is so f*cked up. If you're gonna punish a team, then you do it right. Not play around with them.
Imagine if Lazio and Fiorentina had sold some players because of the scandal.

BBC Football said:
In addition, Juventus and Fiorentina were told they must play their first three home games of the 2006-07 campaigns at neutral grounds. Lazio were given a two-match stadium ban and Milan one match.

Read the rest here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5215178.stm

These punishment cuts are showing signs of lenientcy. Were they too harsh in the first place?

Last edited:
With these punishments being changed, i can see this (match-fixing) happening again in the future.

Oh well, the positive element i can get out of it is that two decent teams stay in my game.

RuneEdge said:
This is so f*cked up. If you're gonna punish a team, then you do it right. Not play around with them.
Imagine if Lazio and Fiorentina had sold some players because of the scandal.

What if they knew before the verdict? ;)

That's why Juve are the only team to shed players.

The corruption continues.......

All four violated the same article, yet three clubs get away with a slap on the wrist, while Juventus is relegated witha major points deducted and has a title taken away that has nothing to do with the inquest...

New Juve president Gigli is taking this to civil court.

Don Domenico said:
All four violated the same article, yet three clubs get away with a slap on the wrist, while Juventus is relegated witha major points deducted and has a title taken away that has nothing to do with the inquest...

New Juve president Gigli is taking this to civil court.
they all got slapped on the wrist, including juve....

ROME (Reuters) - Italy's football federation has awarded the 2005-2006 Serie A title to Inter Milan, a federation official told Reuters on Wednesday.

Inter, which had not won the title since 1989, finished third in last season's championship behind winners Juventus and AC Milan.

The decision to award the title to Inter comes after a sports tribunal handed down guilty verdicts to Juventus and AC Milan following a match-fixing scandal.

after that, (i want to remember you that who assigned the scudetto to inter, avv. rossi was in inter managment) i ask myself WHO IS REALLY CHEATING ?

:( it's incredible, they assigned the 05/06 scudetto to inter, without any motivations, becouse as they said 05/06 season was 100% REGULAR, the facts of the scandal are only in 04/05 season, so it's too clear that they want only f*ck juventus, for lucky there are 4 next process for that.

I can't understand in what way moratti can celebrate it, it's totally unfair, it's the most unfair thing of this scandal, we will go to launch him and his friend rossi tomatoes and snakes.

Anyway i'm happy to notice that some inter players refused it, and said that juventus won it on the pitch, they will not recognize it as their. :applause: but pls tell that not only to reporters, but also to your president.

Last edited:
I'm embarrassed as an Inter fan to be handed the title. It's like a gesture stating, "well, if you couldn't win it on the pitch, here, have it by default!".. :( They should have just left the last two seasons with no Scudetto winners. Idiotic FIGC!

Back
Top Bottom