MMA thread

i am wanting machida to win, just to bring rashad down to earth a bit

although rashad has got a very good training camp and will have a good game plan, he should pose a big test for machida

not sure who will win tbh

looking forward to hughes and serra to, they don't like each other so should be tense

Rashad is a little cocky, I wouldn't say too much. He's no money mayweather in that regard lol... and he's a good guy so the fact that he's a lil arrogant and also good enough seems alright for me.

But yah I want Machida to win as well. F'n composed as hell. Only the great one, Fedor is as composed a fighter. I don't know what will happen. I can see both taking this that's why I'm really looking forward to it.

The grudge match between the two Matt s should be interesting too tho honestly it's coming a little late due to respective injuries they've both had which has postponed this fight almost a year. One wonders, if the grudge and intensity of the hatred is still even there or if it's almost gone now but of course there is UFC Money to be made out of it since the fight had a lot of marketing and promotion around it but it never went down.

As a fan, I'm excited anyway and want to see what happens there but I can't help but think that match-up no longer holds the same stature or importance of before both due to the falling off of the map of both fighters in last year and also the delay.

@Jay, most of the stuff Joe Rogan talks about is technical stuff like positions such as the 'guard' (when the opponent is down but has his legs in front of you as you're on top so he has a little more control/defence) or full mount when he DOESN'T and you're basically sitting on him from hips which is much more dangerous for him... don't worry you'll pick up these terms pretty quick.

@Radiation, lol Nintendo one was funny and that Ryo Chonan vs. Silva fight is AMAZING!!!! Never seen anything like it! Thanks a lot for posting.

Yeah cant wait someone 0 got to go and always adds extra spice to it but i think Evans will win.

Hughes and Serra has potential to be good as said really they hate each other so that adds to it.

Booom goodnight Evans congrats to Machida very impressive performance.

Wasnt really a great event Hughes winning over Serra wasnt best of fights Serra rocking Hughes early on but Hughes comeback to win on points.

Sherk vs. Edgar was a fight I was looking forward to and I thought it was pretty good.

Congrats to Lyoto indeed. I had money riding on him so I'm happy. The guy is super calm, confident and centered. Only one else like him is Fedor. With his disciplined Karate background and emphasis on focus and things like that, he looks like he has done hours and hours of meditation! lol

Rashad lost that fight before it even starts. He thought too much of Machida (and rightly so) and was startled, nervous and scared of him. Lyoto has such aura, presence and confidence about him that people would be scared to fight him when THEY're the champ and he's not. After tonight though, while there'll be more pressure on him, I think he'll be able to cope with it and fighters will now even be more intimidated and scared and eventually rule themselves out of winning before even stepping into the octagon with him.

Well deserved for the Brazilian/Japanese. down the line, would love to see him battle Anderson Silva! 2 undefeated Brazilian champs who no one else seems to have the answer for (assuming Lyoto goes on and defends his belt succesfully a few times against other top contenders in his own light-heavy weight division

ejiuyf.gif

Whoa how good did Machida look in that fight?

How can you beat a guy when you cant hit him :LOL:

I thought Anderson Silva was good but for me this guy is better, quality interview after as well

Hughes and Serra was a big disappointment, Hughes just lay on him for 2 rounds and got the win

Frankie Edgar looked good as well and Krzysztof Soszynski gave us a nice KO

Last edited:
Superb fight, Machida (Ryu :P) was outstanding. Cool, calm, collected, DEADLY.

Great result for Matt Hughes aswell, I hate all that trash talk from Serra. Job done for Hughes as far as I'm concerned.

I wish UFC wasn't so diluted with adverts, really too much.

Machida :SHOCK: What a bloody hit!! The way Evans' head snapped back was crazy!! Funny guy as well :LOL:

Evans was pretty good with his interview, took defeat very well :APPLAUD:

Last edited by a moderator:
DREAM 9 - Jan Nortje vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

i thought the end of that fight was uncalled for, sokoudjou landed loads even when the ref was on top of him

Yah Lyoto looked great. Different weight-classes but man I wanna see him go against Anderson Silva!! Kinda like the GSP vs. BJ Penn fight.

That'll be a f'n battle! I don't know what would happen there!

DREAM 9 - Jan Nortje vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

i thought the end of that fight was uncalled for, sokoudjou landed loads even when the ref was on top of him

At first i though he was kinda celebrating :LOL:

The event itself was pretty poor what with the no contest at the end to add to some poor fights. The best fight was easily Cullum vs Tokoro

Bobb Sapp and Hong Man Choi are just terrible fighters as well

Definately - I've only recently gotten into it and wish I had earlier.
I used to think it was a bit much, prob because I'd only seen 1 or 2 fights and the occasional youtube clip of a nasty injury.

Same here! After seeing the game though, it led me back to watching a few performances and I'm loving it! Closest thing to no holds barred but still legal.

UFC 98

Well I thought it was quality, but that might be because it was my first UFC event that I watched! And that I watched it over about 4 days. The polish guys KO was impressive. Edgar v Sherk was good. I agree with mj, job done for Hughes. I'm glad Serra didn't win - he's a dick :PP.

Machida ripped Evans apart, Evans did not look comfortable for one second in the octagon against Machida there. Lovely head kick to start it all off too.

After the main event they showed two UFC debut fighters in two fights. Both ended with subs and looked pretty good ground games. The second fight the debutant was getting dominated really but then the guy got sloppy and debutant got a guillotine in nicely and won it.

Great stuff. Roll on next month! Any chance of a UFC event coming to the UK? They should have one at the O2.

Haha Tims talking like a MMA veteran now :LOL:

No UK event has been announced but when it does i am 100% getting a few tickets for me and my mates, i wanna experience the buzz and electric atmosphere of UFC first hand at least once :)

Looks like Machida first title defense is going to be against Shogun Rua at UFC 104.

And The Ultimate Fighter 10 coaches are going to be Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson. :))

No UK event has been announced but when it does i am 100% getting a few tickets for me and my mates, i wanna experience the buzz and electric atmosphere of UFC first hand at least once :)
Me too. I'll meet you there mate :)).

I'm not into UFC but I was going to watch it when it was at the MEN a year or two ago with Bisping heading the bill. Wish I had now, I had to back out last minute.

that event wasnt very good tho, and bisping got lucky with the win, many people thought hamill should of took the win and was a bit of a controversy

it is becoming allot more recognised over here, so we will soon have the better fights on the cards in the uk, so all is good

plenty more chances to go

i will most likely goto the MEN ARENA as thats my closest, think its something like £70 a ticket last time

Sometime soon there's is going to be "killer deal" announced that in Dana Whites words "Will change UFC and MMA forever"

Some say its Fedor others say its a TV deal

Who knows

Back
Top Bottom