MMA thread

Anyone watch UFC 97?

Great win by Shogun beating Chuck Liddell by TKO in the first round. It was a pretty even match, with some good attack and defence by both fighters, then bam! turned around in an instant. I'm guessing Shogun will be facing Jardine next. Wasn't to impressed with the other matches to be honest. Good win for Anderson Silva though.

Last edited:
Anyone watch UFC 97?

Great win by Shogun beating Chuck Liddell by TKO in the first round. It was a pretty even match, with some good attack and defence by both fighters, then bam! turned around in an instant. I'm guessing Shogun will be facing Jardine next. Wasn't to impressed with the other matches to be honest. Good win for Anderson Silva though.

I watched it and thought it was a pretty poor PPV. Liddel Shogun was the only decent fight. Dana white needs to get opponents that are willing to fight with Silva because Leites definitely wasn't

Leites was embarrasing he spent more time on ground then anything having said that Silva should of gone for kill he was there for taking in last rounds.

Cant wait for UFC 100 Lesnar vs Mir :))

Like they said though why go for the Kill and possibly leave yourself open when your winning anyway?

It was up to Leitas to do something because he lost every round

Yeah i know but Leites was not giving much resitence KO was there in bag really i was hoping Silva would explode but played it safe.

Which is fair do's of course i hope Silva get decent opponent soon i would like to see Silva tested abit more.

UFC 100

Main Card:

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

Great line-up!

UFC 99 - Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva - the only match I'm really that bothered about

UFC 98 - Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Rachad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida

Last edited:
Hughes vs Serra is a proper grudge match, they really don't like each other so that should be good

ufc100_19810.jpg

UFC 98 this weekend

ufc_98_poster.jpg

Broadcast: Live on PPV

* Rashad Evans (13-0-1) vs. Lyoto Machida (14-0) (Main Event)
* Matt Hughes (42-7) vs. Matt Serra (9-5)
* Yushin Okami (24-4) vs. Jim Miller (12-1-1)
* Sean Sherk (33-3) vs. Frank Edgar (9-1)
* Josh Koscheck (12-4) vs. Chris Wilson (14-5-1)

Preliminary Card

* Houston Alexander (8-4-1) vs. Andre Gusmao (5-1)
* James Irvin (14-5) vs. Drew McFedries (7-5)
* Phillipe Nover (5-1-1) vs. Kyle Bradley (13-6-1)
* Dave Kaplan (2-2) vs. George Roop (8-4)
* Pat Barry (4-0) vs. Tim Hague
* Yoshiyuki Yoshida (10-3) vs. Brandon Wolff (7-3)

This thread and UFC in general is gonna be alot more popular now the game is out :)

Definately - I've only recently gotten into it and wish I had earlier.
I used to think it was a bit much, prob because I'd only seen 1 or 2 fights and the occasional youtube clip of a nasty injury.

After watching the Best of 2008 a few months ago I've been hooked, and can't wait to watch UFC98 this weekend. :)
Who are you guys backing for the main event? I'm hoping Machida (though I've never seen him fight), as from what I've seen of Evans he's too cocky (though he seems good enough to back it up) and could do with being taken down a peg or 3...

Hopefully I can pick up on some of the terminology soon, so I'll know what the commentators are on about!

Back
Top Bottom