Mirrors Edge

I played the demo of this the other night, and I do want this now. I thought it looked *just* alright on the trailers, but actually playing a bit of it now has totally changed my look on it. I wasn't too bothered about it but now I definitely want the full version. The whole feel of it is totally modern and it's like you are the woman you play as. Was slightly tricky to get used to the controls but once I did I was away. I love being able to jump all over the place like an insane ferret.

Got this a few days ago and its odd as incredibly frustrating in parts, but still captivating.

I went to bed about 10 to 1 last night - after 2 hours of 'just one more go' after falling 300ft of another building :LOL:

I wanted to buy it this morning on play.com for 20€ and when I came back from lunch it was 50 €. Too late.....

No way I'm going to pay that much for this game. I'll wait next Christmas :).

It was pretty good I have to admit. A little bit short, but only once you've mastered it. It took me a good 20-30 tries some times just to get one jump right. It's one of those real "Ahhh, that's how you do it then".

Worth a rent at least, and is a good game for gamerpoints. I think it was something around 250-300G for just completing the game on normal.

I finally got it and completed 6 episodes in 4-5h (it's very possible that I'm not good at this game...) and for me it's not "that" short. Boring, but not short :). Maybe the last episodes are shorter ?

After reading some of the comments here, I finally gave this game a chance. I rented it for the weekend and finished and I must say I enjoyed it greatly.

When I tried the demo months ago, I totally hated it, maybe because the worst part of the game for me was... the tutorial. Boring and some movements aren't properly explained. Overall, I think the tutorial doesn't give the impression the game deserves.

So, after playing it all (easy to finish, but that's not necessarily something wrong) I think they deserve a lot of credit for creating something new in first person games. The gameplay, once you master controls, is great, even combat can be satisfying sometimes.

And of course, the art direction. To me, LBP and this game have the best art direction I've ever seen in a game. Very very professional, perfect. Even the cutscenes were nice and stylish, even if they are not fully 3D.

They could have make it larger, added more varied gameplay here and there and, IMO, they could make a 2nd one with more open maps and having some adventure elements thrown into it. But it's a very good first attempt.

I really thank you all guys for making me play it. It's been a nice weekend playing it. Creativity and originality are always winners for me, and this game has some.

Thx for the response! I thought the mocap was only used in the 3d animations and that the stylish cutscenes were done all simply on animation with some 3d and composings softwares. But, now that you said that, it's a nice result they achieved blending the mocap with the typical 2d animation style. Nice!

Trading Fallout 3 for Mirrors Edge so should have this for the weekend :) Any longetivity in this or is it something I'll trade once I've completed it?

Yeah, you will finish it within a day or two if you rush through it and you don't bother with the multiplayer/race modes (which feel "tacked on" to me tbh). But I still think it's an amazing game that everyone should play - just think it should have been a reduced price from the start...

Where's cheapest place to get this? I've wanted this for a while, I really liked the demo. I won't be keeping it I'm just a Trophy Whore and want them as well.

Did a couple of chapters last night, quality game :D The buzz that you get when you're being shot at and sprinting along is superb, the graphics are excellent and I'm enjoying the controls :)

Cutscenes are shit tho :LOL:

Where's cheapest place to get this? I've wanted this for a while, I really liked the demo. I won't be keeping it I'm just a Trophy Whore and want them as well.

Seen it in Sainsburys the other night, 15 quid in the sale.

:LOL:

I'm stuck on Chapter 6 still. Ridiculous amount of guards in such a small space in this car park, ready to rag my hair out. I'm trying not to use guns and I've yet to actually fire a shot so it's much harder.

BUT the game is really good saying that, I think it's a bit underrated maybe because it's so unique. The cutscenes look great, I love that style of animation they are using. It's such a buzz when you do a massive jump and land it, especially when being chased. Had a quick go of times trials and they're bloody tricky.

Back
Top Bottom