Mirrors Edge

Re: Mirrors Edge (PS3/360) - incredible graphics!

I can't see anywhere on the official site that gives info about how to unlock the Time Trial.

I don't think so, the site gives links to GAME, HMV and play.com.

EDIT: Found it, its a play.com pre order.

Can I place the pre-order, get the code, then cancel my order? :LOL:

The thought did cross my mind :D

I'm waiting for the code now.

Not impressed. Pressing buttons is not fun in this game. It looks good but it's not a revolution.

I'm hugely impressed, just a stunning game. Everything that games should be about IMO. It's totally different from all the other games (it's not an FPS or a racer or something we've seen a million times before), it's intuitive, simple to control, perfectly balanced and most of all it's a lot of fun. Games like this are what made me love gaming in the first place, it reminds me of Oddworld in a weird way. I'm really impressed, and I was hoping that I'd hate it, with so many good games coming soon.

Not impressed. Pressing buttons is not fun in this game. It looks good but it's not a revolution.

Yeah - I just don't get it. Linier A to B paths for you to run through and I hate time trial games. :YAWN:

But really only 1 true path - you CAN if you want to run around in circles 50 times but if you want to perfect the level you're going to have to Dragons Lair it

Its definately a great game although i share some of the concerns over the linearality (if thats a word!)

In the least, it might provide a base for future games - imagine a properly made matrix game (in the correct, atmosphere, characters etc)based of this idea where you run and jump and gun. Although the superpowers would make it a bit weird...anyway at the end when the police look at you and you run to the side...it just reminded me of the matrix in a big big way. For those not enjoying it, go through the demo AS FAST as you can, gaining momentum etc. When everything is flashing by its magnificent.

OMG, this game is the most innovative game i've played in a long time. I absolutely love it. I will definitely get it once it's out.

I played it and its boring and pointless

if you enjoy running and pressing 1 button and letting the CPU do the rest for you though fair play to ya, but it aint for me

i had a couple of goes there is some nice points to it but I was far from blown away, as Coopz says a bit of a button press to operate, which is a bit of a shame...

i had a couple of goes there is some nice points to it but I was far from blown away, as Coopz says a bit of a button press to operate, which is a bit of a shame...

Surely thats the same of all platform games (which this is, just in 3d).

Its like an FPS platformer, with combat elements too (and a bit of motor racing to get the right lines) - far from something like Dragons Lair?

Each to their own though!

I played it and its boring and pointless

if you enjoy running and pressing 1 button and letting the CPU do the rest for you though fair play to ya, but it aint for me

Did you play through the tutorial?!

All the buttons are used and its quite flippant to dismiss it out of hand like that....

Also, to add to this, you can turn off the 'Runner Vision' - which highlights the red parts, to allow you to work it out for yourself, which makes it more challenging.

Did you play through the tutorial?!

All the buttons are used and its quite flippant to dismiss it out of hand like that....

I got half way through and turned it off

You cant even see the moves your doing so that makes it even worse

Cant see how a first person free running kinda game has ever seen the light of day tbh

I got half way through and turned it off

You cant even see the moves your doing so that makes it even worse

Cant see how a first person free running kinda game has ever seen the light of day tbh

Personally think they should be applauded for trying something different. Thought the first-person view was realistic (even down to things like when you are hanging on a ledge and turn-around, you havent got 360 vision, you have to take one hand off the ledge, twist round and see about 160-degrees behind you).

Still, you dismissed the PS3 not so long ago ;))

Personally think they should be applauded for trying something different. Thought the first-person view was realistic (even down to things like when you are hanging on a ledge and turn-around, you havent got 360 vision, you have to take one hand off the ledge, twist round and see about 160-degrees behind you).

Still, you dismissed the PS3 not so long ago ;))

Well i aint played on my PS3 since i watched a HD movie on it weeks ago so that tells its own story ;))

Well i aint played on my PS3 since i watched a HD movie on it weeks ago so that tells its own story ;))

Yea, that your missing out :LOL:

Lets not go there. Mirrors Edge is out on 360 too isnt it?

Yeah that's what i played it on

Graphics were brilliant that's all i liked about it

it would look dicky in 3rd person - look at celeste when shes running away from you- looks shithouse. First person was definately the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom