Mirrors Edge

Re: Mirrors Edge (PS3) - incredible graphics!

Ye pretty impressive gameplay wise though just have to see nice artistic style aswell. :))

Next gen platforming! Though I can't see too much depth in it. Looks nice by the way.

It looks amazing, the graphics are crazy and the game itself looks good.
But it does leave me with questions, and it looks difficult.

It doesn't look difficult IMO, if only because it seems the character is some super-human woman who can do anything.

Though I suppose with it being a preview, she would be.

Perhaps in the full game you have to rank up your abilities or something.

Finally a shooter that isn't set in dark settings!

I don't think it's a shooter.
There is some fighting and some shooting, but it's not the essence of the game.
The game is set in the future in a high-tech city with a sort of one party system.
Of course there is a rebelling opposition.
The government is controlling all technology so the only way to deliver messages save is by runners. The player is a girl runner. She's far from a super woman...There will also be a side story about her murdered sister (buy the governmen of course).
the aim of game according to the preview i read is bringing message around and escaping government police and army...
So it's mostly running, climbing and searching escape routes....sounds promising and original i must say...

I love the look, pure blue skies, white and orange buildings. About time we had an FPS style game that wasn't dull or cartoon!

SEGA should've done this!

Last edited:

The title needs to be changed to 360 as well

i told someone it was PS3 only because of this thread

Yeah there are a few threads on here that say ps3 or 360 only and the games on both systems.

Re: Mirrors Edge (PS3/360) - incredible graphics!

I played this yesterday at the Eurogamer Expo in London. Its really, really good. The controls are very simple and intuitive, pretty much three buttons. Jump, duck, and punch.

The combat is excellent, very satisfying and very simple to execute moves like kicking a gun out of someones hand :)

Well looking forward to this now!

Damn you Flawless! I can't afford to buy all the games I want this month as it is, the last thing I needed was someone saying this was good as well :((

I was on the fence about this game at one point. However I then realized that this game is trying out something completely different and therefore should be given a chance. Graphics look rediculouos, physics look insane, I think this game will be a different breath of fresh air.

Copy reserved!

The demo is very good but I need to get a code to unlock the Time Trial, they are being a but extra about how you get it the code.

Absolutely superb!

Breath of fresh air and so exhilarating! I'm not a great fan of heights and I was shitting myself making those big leaps.

And when you get some momentum up you just kind of haze over and instinctively know what to do - very, very cool...

Must buy for me.

omg this game is absolutely stunning and a breath of fresh air. what a cracking game. this a must buy in my books no doubt!

Il try this tonight. Hopefully I like it as much as you lot do.

Tried it this morning and LOVED it! I loved the freedom, the graphics were superb, controls great, fighting was fun, a must-buy for me too.

I used to love Tony Hawk's games where you planned out a route to do a string of tricks, and this demo gave me that same buzz. Quality.

I liked it a lot too. Must have this game... Hope the story goes with the amazing gameplay so it doesn't get bored.

Cheers

PS3 version suffers from alot of AA issues will try 360 sure will be better.

But anyway wasnt to bad from what i played enjoyed it. :))

Back
Top Bottom