Killzone 2

Randommmm!!

WOOT WOOT got spawn grenades today, extremely useful especially in S&D games!! Played a few games with BillyBoy [?] today, good fun! Only up to 8 people but enjoyed it.

On SP I am on the last level, very infuriating at points, because if you die at the bit I am at you have to start from the beginning of the room you are in which is silly. It's just madness, there's tonnes of Helghast in such a small space and very difficult to even cover somewhere without being shot at.

Yes its me! It was very enjoyable. I specifically set it up for 8 people because I wanted a couple of small matches today. We must all play again soon. :)

A lot of the time you can get a lot of points in small matches as well as big ones, I did enjoy em! I will be on around 11-ish tonight hopefully, got other stuff to do beforehand.

A lot of the time you can get a lot of points in small matches as well as big ones, I did enjoy em! I will be on around 11-ish tonight hopefully, got other stuff to do beforehand.

So your saying size isn't important? ;))

Any tips on get a better online ranking in a rather fast manner ?

Lots of 32 player body count games with 'my rank' set [ON] and like Jay said 'try to make sure you're on the winning side'

I shot up the rankings playing nothing but 32 player bodycount games in 2 days.

I just got a higher rank but when I check my stats its still on the lower one, I even finished the game whats the crack there!

it sometimes takes a while for your updated data to be reflected on the servers. it's partly because online is always busy and it's all linked to the website which means both end up taking a while to have the same data.

spent the whole week playing the game so i stayed off to finish my work this weekend. hopefully ill get more time to play this after uni started agian.

Can someone please explain the auto-aim in KZ2 for me?

I have Alt 2 configuration with Aim-Zoom toggle to "ON". This means that I have to press and hold L1 in order to zoom in on my targets. I have read in the killzone forums about problems with this auto-aim that everyone wants tweaked or removed altogether.

I am confused....

So, let me get this, basically there is another option in this game where if enabled, your gun will automatically by itself zoom in on any nearby target that crosses it's path for you to shoot at?

If this is true, then that would explain why I struggle to aim manually to kill others, while they simply just point my gun at me and take me out effortlessly.

Is this what this fuss is all about?

jflores, I think the general fuss is about the control lag (at least that's what pisses me off with the game). Hold a direction and then let go of the pad quickly; on the screen you will still be moving. Get in a tank (single-player) and go left-right-left-right-left-right-left-right and then let go; it will carry on moving without you for a second.

Not only that but the turning acceleration is really slow, meaning that compared to CoD - which I don't think has any turning acceleration enabled - it takes an age to "start" turning, as if you've been drugged. This is different from being able to move slowly by holding the stick just slightly in one direction; it's what happens when you press HARD left/right, only to find the game needs a second to get going.

It's also different from the "sensitivity" options, which only alter how fast you can move ONCE YOU'VE ACCELERATED to the maximum turning speed.

But there may be fuss about the auto-aiming as well. The aimer will "stick" to people in certain situations, from what I've seen.

jonneymendoza, there is auto-aim in certain situations, see above.

I'm playing it once or twice a week at the minute, it makes me so angry (the turning acceleration I mean) that after a few rounds that I can't play it again for a while. I mean blind-rage angry, it's that kind of ultra-violent frustration that you only get from a game "cheating" you (like Pro Evo used to). But when I see videos of someone else playing it I think, "I have to keep trying to get into it", so I go back on it.

What pisses me off is that as far as I'm concerned all they need to do is give us the OPTION of altering the turning acceleration (like with the sensitivity options).

Last edited:
I find it fun, I play it every night for a good 2 hours at least!! :D

I am much better now, I keep getting good ratios and am doing all the ribbons, loving the medic ones where I can leave health packs around! I have noticed the aiming seems a bit better so I guess that patch has done something? I'm not far off general now either. BUT there is one level that I now refuse to play on, because I always ALWAYS do really shit on it and get gang raped, that erm... argh!! Corinth Crossing or something? I leave if that's the level. I do well on the rest though.

jflores, I think the general fuss is about the control lag (at least that's what pisses me off with the game). Hold a direction and then let go of the pad quickly; on the screen you will still be moving. Get in a tank (single-player) and go left-right-left-right-left-right-left-right and then let go; it will carry on moving without you for a second.

Not only that but the turning acceleration is really slow, meaning that compared to CoD - which I don't think has any turning acceleration enabled - it takes an age to "start" turning, as if you've been drugged. This is different from being able to move slowly by holding the stick just slightly in one direction; it's what happens when you press HARD left/right, only to find the game needs a second to get going.

It's also different from the "sensitivity" options, which only alter how fast you can move ONCE YOU'VE ACCELERATED to the maximum turning speed.

But there may be fuss about the auto-aiming as well. The aimer will "stick" to people in certain situations, from what I've seen.

jonneymendoza, there is auto-aim in certain situations, see above.

I'm playing it once or twice a week at the minute, it makes me so angry (the turning acceleration I mean) that after a few rounds that I can't play it again for a while. I mean blind-rage angry, it's that kind of ultra-violent frustration that you only get from a game "cheating" you (like Pro Evo used to). But when I see videos of someone else playing it I think, "I have to keep trying to get into it", so I go back on it.

What pisses me off is that as far as I'm concerned all they need to do is give us the OPTION of altering the turning acceleration (like with the sensitivity options).

Chris Bauer, good to hear from you. I've actually never been bothered by turning acceleration. I actually just adapted and it became second nature after so many online matches. I can however see your point in frustration though. I do agree that we should at least have the OPTION of altering it.

Also, I've always used L1 to aim/zoom which is pretty difficult to master, but does work great for me. I have to say that I've never experienced seeing my aimer "stick" to a target automatically as some have experienced, which led me to beleive that perhaps there is an option to turn the auto-aim-zoom ON where it would do it for you.

Regarding the control lag, I haven't noticed it to be honest. I will test it tonight.

Hopefully, the next patch will fix these things. I didn't notice any improvement difference with controls in the last patch to be honest. But, I never had any issues with it to begin with.

Last edited:
I really don't see the point of moaning about things. It is what it is. Adapt/practice and you will get better. If you don't like it, don't play it.
Sometimes it's frustrating and other times it's great. Same as any other game I play.

I really don't see the point of moaning about things. It is what it is. Adapt/practice and you will get better. If you don't like it, don't play it.
Sometimes it's frustrating and other times it's great. Same as any other game I play.
It's not like that though, that was my point. If I play CoD and lose at the hands of better players, it's my fault. I can take that. If I play Killzone (offline or online) and someone shoots me purely because I can't turn around quickly enough to kill them - bearing in mind it takes three full seconds to do a 180-degree turn - you start to break things. Valuable things. With your face.

There's a difference between being shit at something and not being able to do something because of the game, and that's the difference between a game being frustrating and a game making you feel like you're going to burst a blood-vessel, throwing gamepads at walls during rounds.

But the reason I keep playing it is because if I do adapt to it, everything else is set up to make it one of the best FPS games ever. I am desperate to get to that point.

EDIT 1: And what makes it even more annoying, is that all of it could be solved with a teeny tiny little patch.

Just got SOCOM Confrontation this morning, and look at what you can set in the options.

Look speed, acceleration, and dead zone.

:BRICK: :BRICK: :BRICK:

EDIT 2: Holy crap, I love SOCOM.

Last edited:
The way I used to see it was everyone's in the same boat as me.

I've about had enough of this game recently though - I tried a game yesterday afternoon, despite it being search and destroy people were just running around with rockets blowing shit up.

The trophies for top % screwed a lot up though because not many want to play support classes as it means they have no chance of getting that trophy. Especially when you see someone get 4 kills with 1 rocket and gain more points than you despite you just planting 2 bombs and blowing up the target.

I have fun online doing my own thing, but it feel like i have to go out of my way to find the fun. I have more fun with the top 3 ranks turned off. The standard soldier. Medic, Engineer and Tactician classes are beautifully balanced with each other. The top 3, when abused by people online ruin it.

I'm afraid any online game gets like that for me Rad, that's why I still go back to DOD. Online is much better when you get playing as teams with limited weaponry... That's when clan play comes in to it's own, rather than score whores and glory trophy junkies...

The way I used to see it was everyone's in the same boat as me.

I've about had enough of this game recently though - I tried a game yesterday afternoon, despite it being search and destroy people were just running around with rockets blowing shit up.

The trophies for top % screwed a lot up though because not many want to play support classes as it means they have no chance of getting that trophy. Especially when you see someone get 4 kills with 1 rocket and gain more points than you despite you just planting 2 bombs and blowing up the target.

I have fun online doing my own thing, but it feel like i have to go out of my way to find the fun. I have more fun with the top 3 ranks turned off. The standard soldier. Medic, Engineer and Tactician classes are beautifully balanced with each other. The top 3, when abused by people online ruin it.

Everybody is in the same boat. Exactly my sentiments. That's what I was saying to whoever above.

Just jump in games with buddies. I only really play with the Old Grippers and it's always a good laugh.

Everybody is in the same boat. Exactly my sentiments. That's what I was saying to whoever above.

Just jump in games with buddies. I only really play with the Old Grippers and it's always a good laugh.
So three-second button lag in PES or FIFA (meaning you have to "guess" what's going to happen for 90 minutes) wouldn't stop you playing the game, and wouldn't be frustrating as fuck because it would be the same for everyone?! Who would play it?! :CURSE:

Okay, I'm going. I'm getting wound up just thinking about it now. Perhaps it's just me, perhaps I just need anger management. It's only a game, it's only a game... Deep breaths...

Last edited:
I'm trying to finish the SP. I'm on the section before the boss battle.

I'm trying to take out the rest of the RPG folk but I've run out of ammo, is there any more ammo around?

Back
Top Bottom