Killzone 2

Switch the clan over to someone who will keep it going before you get rid of the game! If that's possible :ANX:

I'm still trying to get into it, I'm stubborn so I won't be trading it in any time soon.

Oh yeah I forgot about that - I'll make sure I do it tonight. Any takers?

I do still want to play the game though - I'm just not enjoying the rockets and cloaked guys everywhere. If I could get some games in with just the first 4 classes, or get some regular games in with a group friends and a decent amount of players I'd be on this every night.

But it's been dead since the first week.

If nobody else is interested I'll take it on, but if someone else wants it I won't argue. I'm not on every night but the clan can play without you, is that right?

About the rocket guys etc., that's the one good thing about still being at rank one. Because it won't put you in a ranked game with anyone massively above your rank, everybody's still only got the basic weapons. Shame you can't set up a game with the option "all players revert to rank one for the duration of this game"...

What are Blockbuster like for trade prices? The times I work (8-4) mean I don't have time to get into town but there's a Blockbuster near my home. Do they give decent prices?

I'm looking to trade Killzone 2 and Mirror's Edge.

If nobody else is interested I'll take it on, but if someone else wants it I won't argue. I'm not on every night but the clan can play without you, is that right?

About the rocket guys etc., that's the one good thing about still being at rank one. Because it won't put you in a ranked game with anyone massively above your rank, everybody's still only got the basic weapons. Shame you can't set up a game with the option "all players revert to rank one for the duration of this game"...

You can set up your own game where everyone can only pick rank 1 classes. So no one can pick medics or engineers or snipers. Just the standard soldier - and then you make sure you turn the rocket launcher off as well as the standard soldier has that as one of his last unlocks.

-

My blockbusters are shite - I took a few box sets of futurama and they offered me £1.50 per set!

You can set up your own game where everyone can only pick rank 1 classes. So no one can pick medics or engineers or snipers. Just the standard soldier - and then you make sure you turn the rocket launcher off as well as the standard soldier has that as one of his last unlocks.
Shows what I know... Glad that's in anyway.

Dags, Blockbuster are usually great for recent games but anything older than a month and they're poo. You should get a decent amount, I would bet you'd get more from them than GAME for KZ2.

What are Blockbuster like for trade prices? The times I work (8-4) mean I don't have time to get into town but there's a Blockbuster near my home. Do they give decent prices?

I'm looking to trade Killzone 2 and Mirror's Edge.
dags sell kz2 to me for £20:D

are you guys using the 1.20 patch?

apparently they have sorted out the controls of this game!! any feedback from you guys?

Been using it for a week or so Jonney, it doesn't "fix" the controller lag but it improves it by 20% or so.

When they make a patch that gets rid of the delay completely and lets you turn off movement acceleration completely, then I'll be happy. Until then I'll keep playing it but I'll keep turning it off after five minutes of "there he is there he is, move your arm across you bastard, I'M DEAD?! MOVE YOUR FUCKING ARM WHEN I ASK YOU TO YOU FUCKER!!"

:RANT::RANT::RANT::CRY:

I'm stuck on the last level in the Visari Palace on Veteran difficulty. I got past the first wave of soldiers but now I'm stuck on the balcony part. I seem to have killed hundreds of soldiers but I can't for the life of me get past all the hordes. Wave after wave of these soldiers keep piling in.

Anyone have any tips on this difficulty? It's proving impossible as Rico does sweet fuck all to help me and dies all the time, I'm often fighting 5 or 6 soldiers at once, and as you know I can only get hit a few times before I die. I must have done this level 40 times already.

Never in my (short) gaming life have I been so frustrated with a game. I'm on the verge of just getting rid of it, but I hate leaving a game unfinished. I've even re-bought Far Cry 2 to finish it, even though I was bored and gave up.

I'm in the same exact situation as you. Fustratingly hard and the dumb AI of your companions make it look stupid in the epic moments.

I'VE DONE IT!!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!

homer_woohoo.jpg

Would you like me to post some pointers on how I did it drekkard?

Last edited:
Spoilered so it doesn't ruin it for others new to the game.

The main bit I was stuck on was the part after you reach the balcony. Here you have to fend off horde after horde of Helghast soldiers, by far the most frustrating part of the game, even more so than the build-up before you go up the stairs into the main room with the final boss.

Basically, use the grenade launcher for the first wave, shooting grenades down into the foyer part from the balcony. I found that staying crouched in the left-hand corner with the pillar opposite was best as none of the soldiers can shoot you. There will be two fresh waves of soldiers. You can take them out using the same tactic. After you have successfully taken out most of the Helghast soldiers in both waves quickly switch to the automatic rifle in the gun rack to your side, you'll need this to take out the next wave. The third wave will be a wave of hooded Helghast soldiers who come up the stairs and more soldiers below; normally there are about 4 who come up the stairs on the left and 3 who come up the stairs on the right. Nico will take most of them out on the right so just concentrate on the ones on the left. Again stay in back left hand corner, but in a crouched position, so that no-one can shoot you from the right side or below. Then just take out the soldiers coming up the stairs on the left. After you have killed these you may have to help Nico out, as I said he's a little useless really.

Once you have killed the majority of the third wave, out come the rocket launcher guys. Now, run towards the front left of the balcony, so you are shielded by the wall at the front. From here you can pick off soldiers coming up the stairs and you can sneak a peek out and pick the rocket launcher guys. This is a lot better than dodging them at the back. You will eventually kill the fourth wave and the rocket launcher guys at which point a ship will come crashing through the window. At this point you'll get that glorious save point. You'll then have to fend off one last wave, which includes the rocket launcher guys. Again, stay in the top left corner with the wall shielding you.

Then once that's done it's one on one with the final boss. I used the knife and shotgun. When he comes at you with the knife, use your knife. Any other time use the shotgun. It seems to pack a good punch.

TIP: The boss (Radec) will scream before sending each new wave out, so listen out so you can count the waves.

Last edited:
Oh christ yeah, I hated that bit with a passion.
I too used the shotgun on Radec as well when I did it on Normal, and I used the same wall you did against the rocket launchers! :LOL: Thanks for the other tips though, glad you found a way to do it. It's so ridiculously hard. It scares me but I want the trophy!!

early next week patch 1.21 will be released. I’ll confirm the timings on Monday. The patch includes the following:

-Increase of the standard points settings for Bodycount. Should ensure longer mode on heavily populated games.
-The return of Online Bots. Adding bots to an online game renders it ‘unranked’.
-The option to create unranked games. Players will be made aware that a game is unranked upon joining.
-Fix to Game Search functionality so correct maps are displayed.
-Standardization of the Y-Axis controls on the HGH Scout when zoomed with the Sniper Rifle.
-Fix to Sensitivity setting where the weapon animation did not follow the reticule correctly.
-Fix for auto-aim exploit when rapidly tapping zoom/fire.
-Fix to infrequent collision issues with C4 Proximity mines.
-Fix to list of games displayed on search.
-Stability fix relating to disconnect.
-Fix to ‘Clan’ button functionality in custom game creation settings.

We are also working on the next updates and here are some of the areas we are exploring and investigating for the future patches:

-Controls. Seeing about giving more options.
-Expanding on Join Game searches and options.
-Improving game and network stability.
-Collision exploits on maps.
-Improvements to help play with friends.
-More game creation options.
-More game options for clans.
-Fixes to Clans unexpectadly losing tournament rounds.
-Other minor fixes.

Might start playing this online again now that they're fixing the auto-aim glitch.

Sounds good, I was thinking about playing it again so I'll wait til this. I didn't eve KNOW there was an auto aim exploit, explains a lot.

I just don't get why they don't have a "party" system like Call Of Duty, it's what it needs!!

Playing online with friends and bots would actually make me interested in playing it again - but 'unranked' probably means you can't earn the ribbons which means it's only useful if you've 100%'d the unlocks.

But still everyone gave up on this online after a week so an update like this probably wont make me want to jump back on on my own.

rad, head over to avf, there is a big massive clan that plays daily there
There any other girls in that?! I feel like the only female who plays this. I do LOVE the game online, don't get me wrong, it's the twats who use rockets and grenades and nothing else that ruin it.

There any other girls in that?! I feel like the only female who plays this. I do LOVE the game online, don't get me wrong, it's the twats who use rockets and grenades and nothing else that ruin it.

i doubt it but should be fine to play with those guys over at avf. diddnt know you was a chick

Really?! Hahaha.

I might have a look over at it, I registered there ages ago but never posted or anything, make a new account I guess as I have no idea what my login is. Hopefully there will be some other lasses!!

Really?! Hahaha.

I might have a look over at it, I registered there ages ago but never posted or anything, make a new account I guess as I have no idea what my login is. Hopefully there will be some other lasses!!

Yeah there are, I've traded with a few in the past who play COD etc.

Back
Top Bottom