I have pes2009 ps2 final version!

Sorry i dont know how to do that FEINTS and find no way to do thats... for eg. can u explain me how i can put my feet over ball the move it to my backside? like showing it and moving it back? in last versions was R2+opossite side (when u was stopped) but now i cant do it in any way :(
Please tell me the control system has not changed to the crappy next gen.:SICK:

yes , i have the final version , and now , all flip flap and others feints are just with the direction controllers . and the right analog is just for the manual pass , you dont have to push r3

yes , i have the final version , and now , all flip flap and others feints are just with the direction controllers . and the right analog is just for the manual pass , you dont have to push r3

well is true i found now the Feints... and after played several matches i think that this version is miles away better than 2008. Just hope we can patch it to add adboards, balls, chants and KITS!!! Even with an option file, very soon!!!
JayZ u know u can count with me.

;)

Bit of a long shot, (actually a lot of a long shot) but can U buy any extra teams from the PES Shop to edit?
CLUTCHING AT STRAWS COMES 2 MY MIND TOO.
Got all player stats, kits emblems etc ready to edit the Championship in2 League C, but this kinda put spanner in works. Can't decide which league to sacrifice, French or Dutch?

Been playing BAL tonight and although it is fun, it is not the PS3 BAL mode from what I know.

No training or reserves or anything like that.
And I'm pretty sure that you can't get an international callup.

I think it is simply a Fantista mode.

Again I'm still early at playing it but I don't think the PS2 BAL has a lot of the PS3 BAL features.

In terms of gameplay, this version it´s far away better that any previous version of pes; so, in my opinion it´s the best football game ever (again, in terms of gameplay). But it´s very sad see how Konami gave us a couple of new things every year and took away a lot of other.
This year their include Be a Legend, a lot of new templates for edit mode, a few new licenses, much better player models in my opinion (it´s very easy to see in kit editor into the edit mode), new faces (some amazing just Cristinano Ronaldo, really good), and a really improved gameplay.
In the other hand, THEY TOOK AWAY ONLINE MODE (just ridiculous), didn´t include the Champions League mode (ridiculous too, if they pay for a licence, why didn´t use it in all the versions of the product?); took away the LFP license lossing 9 teams; took away 2 years ago the boot editor and the licensed not editable boots; took away the option to mix the home kit with the away, TOOK AWAY THE FREE SLOTS FOR BUNDESLIGA/MISC TEAMS (ridiculous too), took away the option of choose special haircuts.
They took of mny things and add a few, now we have a game a lot of more limitated than PES6, at least in terms of editing.
Just one last comment, they change almost every kit layer in the edit mode; now we can do a lot of kits of this season almost perfect (Romania Adidas Kit, Nike GK kit template, Adidas GKs), but there are other kits that are much worse to edit than pes2008. Germany home it´s imposible to do, Arsenal Home it´s imposible on the sleeves, Mexico and Russia Adidas templates are imposible to do too, did look better on pes2008. It´s imposible to do the Adidas shorts well because it´s imposible had the 3 stripes, we can get only two, the same on the socks.
There are many kits that looks better in last year kit editor, and that it´s annoying, if they change the templates, why not change it to make all the real kits as we can?
The only reason that I found to took away so many things it´s for include it next year, don´t think that Konami bring us ps2 users a version of pes2010, but we never know.
As you could see, I´m very happy with the gameplay, but a bit dissapointed with the edit mode (with the lack of C teams mostly).
Sorry for my english, I´m from Argentina and englidh it´s not my first language.

I was just checking the edit mode, I'm happy for the new templates (f*ing finally!) and at the same time pissed because they removed the 3 stripes templates. On the shirts now it takes 2 slots to make the stripes. On the shorts it's not possible anymore, as sbartolomeo said. The fonts are also the same as before.

I also would like to know why they changed the speed of the game again, it´s faster than the demo, which I liked better. Or maybe it's just me?

At least on the camera I play (broadcasting 1), I noticed a lot of slowdown, back from the grave.

Last edited:
In terms of gameplay, this version it´s far away better that any previous version of pes; so, in my opinion it´s the best football game ever (again, in terms of gameplay). But it´s very sad see how Konami gave us a couple of new things every year and took away a lot of other.
This year their include Be a Legend, a lot of new templates for edit mode, a few new licenses, much better player models in my opinion (it´s very easy to see in kit editor into the edit mode), new faces (some amazing just Cristinano Ronaldo, really good), and a really improved gameplay.
In the other hand, THEY TOOK AWAY ONLINE MODE (just ridiculous), didn´t include the Champions League mode (ridiculous too, if they pay for a licence, why didn´t use it in all the versions of the product?); took away the LFP license lossing 9 teams; took away 2 years ago the boot editor and the licensed not editable boots; took away the option to mix the home kit with the away, TOOK AWAY THE FREE SLOTS FOR BUNDESLIGA/MISC TEAMS (ridiculous too), took away the option of choose special haircuts.
They took of mny things and add a few, now we have a game a lot of more limitated than PES6, at least in terms of editing.
Just one last comment, they change almost every kit layer in the edit mode; now we can do a lot of kits of this season almost perfect (Romania Adidas Kit, Nike GK kit template, Adidas GKs), but there are other kits that are much worse to edit than pes2008. Germany home it´s imposible to do, Arsenal Home it´s imposible on the sleeves, Mexico and Russia Adidas templates are imposible to do too, did look better on pes2008. It´s imposible to do the Adidas shorts well because it´s imposible had the 3 stripes, we can get only two, the same on the socks.
There are many kits that looks better in last year kit editor, and that it´s annoying, if they change the templates, why not change it to make all the real kits as we can?
The only reason that I found to took away so many things it´s for include it next year, don´t think that Konami bring us ps2 users a version of pes2010, but we never know.
As you could see, I´m very happy with the gameplay, but a bit dissapointed with the edit mode (with the lack of C teams mostly).
Sorry for my english, I´m from Argentina and englidh it´s not my first language.

:APPLAUD: :APPLAUD: :APPLAUD:

I think as you, edit mode is more limitated, this year they took away many comments too

Last edited:
I confirm about only 2 teams to edit. I you want bundesliga you must overwrite an existing league. Good game...

Anyone know if you can be called up to the national team on BAL on PS2?

Seriously I don't think it's possible. It's simply the Fantasista mode not the same BAL mode on the next gens.

played a couple of full matches (full version, not demo) at my friends place, and i gota tell ya, it's awesome. all my friends and me think, this game is an improvement over the last years versions, as said before: GAMEPLAY WISE! and yes there are a few things missing (people already told that), and a few glitches are still there (player turning after ball gets overhead) but this asside, its pure fun to play.

the BAL mode (even if its just the fantasista mode from WE) is fun too. ok, its not packed with options (camera adjustment, so on..) or features (training or actually sitting on the bench) but its FUN! to me tit feels like its ME!!! who is running, shootnig and scoring (1x in the first match :-) ). i think its a nice addition.

still, it lacks in terms of presentation BUT the patches and OF's are coming for sure. and then this game gonna ROCK! (btw: lack of presentation seems to get this game running smoothly. i played fifa09 on ps2 and there is so much going on during a game, that it just slows it down! BAL mode in PES seems also better realised then the fifa09 version of it.

final words: i think all the ps2 owners out there can be happy the have a version that even beats the next-gen versions (in some ways). but now, that patches are coming to ps3 too, the difference is smaller each year (thank god we got the better gameplay).

one last thing i need to mention is the gamespot.com review of pes 2009 for the ps3. it scored an... ...ah, see for yourselfs: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/pes2009/review.html

...i hope the ps2 version scores 8.2 or better!

Last edited:
played a couple of full matches (full version, not demo) at my friends place, and i gota tell ya, it's awesome. all my friends and me think, this game is an improvement over the last years versions, as said before: GAMEPLAY WISE! and yes there are a few things missing (people already told that), and a few glitches are still there (player turning after ball gets overhead) but this asside, its pure fun to play.

the BAL mode (even if its just the fantasista mode from WE) is fun too. ok, its not packed with options (camera adjustment, so on..) or features (training or actually sitting on the bench) but its FUN! to me tit feels like its ME!!! who is running, shootnig and scoring (1x in the first match :-) ). i think its a nice addition.

still, it lacks in terms of presentation BUT the patches and OF's are coming for sure. and then this game gonna ROCK! (btw: lack of presentation seems to get this game running smoothly. i played fifa09 on ps2 and there is so much going on during a game, that it just slows it down! BAL mode in PES seems also better realised then the fifa09 version of it.

final words: i think all the ps2 owners out there can be happy the have a version that even beats the next-gen versions (in some ways). but now, that patches are coming to ps3 too, the difference is smaller each year (thank god we got the better gameplay).

one last thing i need to mention is the gamespot.com review of pes 2009 for the ps3. it scored an... ...ah, see for yourselfs: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/pes2009/review.html

...i hope the ps2 version scores 8.2 or better!

Can I ask what you mean that patches are coming out for PS3 version? What is included in these?

And also will we be able to patch the boots on the PS2 version this time around? I know it's gay but I hate not having proper boots :BLEH: Loved patching my boots on PES6 to get the latest models, but I fear it is the same this time around that we can only get 1 boot in 9 different colours.

But the game plays well, I really hope the patches for PS2 are good. Yeah the BAL is a bit of a letdown not being the same as the PS3 version but it is fun so far.

Gota say i like this game very much however i will not be playing it much cos of one reason only - terrible slowdown and i mean when the ball is played into a crowded penalty area from a cross or corner it crawls. I'm hopefull that they improve this for the Jap j-league version and play that instead.

Can I ask what you mean that patches are coming out for PS3 version? What is included in these?

And also will we be able to patch the boots on the PS2 version this time around? I know it's gay but I hate not having proper boots :BLEH: Loved patching my boots on PES6 to get the latest models, but I fear it is the same this time around that we can only get 1 boot in 9 different colours.

But the game plays well, I really hope the patches for PS2 are good. Yeah the BAL is a bit of a letdown not being the same as the PS3 version but it is fun so far.

sure u can. i found a 30 mb patch/OF for the ps3 version of PES 2009. i think it updates the player names and some edited stuff from the ingame editor. for sure, the ps2 version will get patches that getting "more deeper" into the game, changing more!

the boots are limited, its 1 boot in different colours again.

because it isnt!!! its "just the right speed", IMO!

Yeah it feels great but wish a few things were better cause I think it could have been a truly brilliant game. Things like BAL mode, editing limitations, no League C...

But the PS3 version won't be able to patch boots etc. right?

Yeah it feels great but wish a few things were better cause I think it could have been a truly brilliant game. Things like BAL mode, editing limitations, no League C...

But the PS3 version won't be able to patch boots etc. right?

via the option file, i think this should be possible in a limited way. nothing to compare with a dvd patch for ps2 for sure!! :)

Other than the PS3 version actually has boots already. :(

Do you think that you can get international callups on BAL mode?
I haven't seen anything on it when playing.
Just transfered to Napoli from Torino midseason, not sure why tbh just to try it out lol. BAL is still fun even if it is not the same as the PS3 version, but I hope we can make the national team.

Yeah but he didn't answer me there either lol.
Thought you may know.
I'm into the midseason and havn't seen anything on international teams obviously I wouldn't make it yet but still haven't seen anything indicating national team callups. Just thought someone may know for sure.

please tell me if PES 2009 on PS2 does not have this problem with the PS3 version:

"since pes moved to ps3 there is one major problem if you want to play in cupe mode against friends... i know it's difficult to explain but here i go:

i want to play a full 32-nations-world-cup and i want to be one team (say england) and my friend wants to be another team (say turkey). so england goes to e.g. group 1 in the world cup, turkey to e.g. group 5. when the tournament starts, the first game is played with england against any other team that is in group 1. so i controll england, my friend wants to controll the other team from group 1. that was possible until now but not anymore in pes2008 - i have to play against any team from group 1 alone, the CPU controlling the other team, not my friend!

second game is the first game for turkey, which plays against any team from group 5. same problem here: you can only controll turkey with player one, not the team turkey is playing against with player two.

i know the whole thing is difficult to explain, but if you do your cup with 2 players (but actually 8 teams), you not only have to play the games involving england and turkey but also every other match that will take places between the 8 teams (and we are not really interested in games that takes place between teams other than england or turkey - in pes6 the other results of all the other games (non-english, non-turkey) were not played by the players but the CPU presented us the results at the end of each round).

was i able to make myself clear? i know its difficult to explain..

neverthless: it isnt able to play a full world cup (with 32 teams) when playing with only two players - if you dont want to play all the games of the tournament..."

thanks

Huh??

You absolutely sure about the NT selection??

That's pretty dumb.. :(

Yes, I'm sure, in the PC version there's a menu from the beginning where you can see you National Team, the matches it plays and the players that are called to it, in the PS2 version there's no menu for the National Team, so it'll be as the Winning Eleven Mode, you play only club competitions.

Back
Top Bottom