I have pes2009 ps2 final version!

polakis

PES - FIFA Greek master
10 May 2002
Athens,Greece
Aek Athens
I am playing it right now! The game is brilliant and a classic pro from the past. Feel free to ask questions...

Some things i noticed already:

-Transfers are more up to date than the next gen versions (berbatov in MU, Obinna, Mancini,Quaresma in Inter, Rivaldo and Dellas not in AEK Athens anymore)
-The game is one click slower than pes2008 ps2 version. The difference is very tiny though...Still faster than normal football
-No Champions League
-Become Legend yes
-Many stadiums
-Nike ball in
-Same menus in the beginning like next gen versions, but different (and better) in game when pause
-Same intro

Thats for now...

Game is better and more enjoyable than the next gen versions...

Hi mate!!
Could you please tell me if..

Gudjohnsen has come back to life??
the starting line ups are updated??
Atlético Madrid, Sevilha, and all the other changes announced in the Official Konami Patch are implemented already??

Thanks in advance :)

Sevilla not, but Atlético yes ;-)

The Become a Legend Mode it's a Copy-Paste of the Fantasista Mode of the J-League Winning Eleven, Far waay form the PS3, PC and 360 versions, you can't play with your National Team, for example.

"The download will be available in about three weeks, and updates four Spanish sides – Athletico Madrid, Sevilla, Racing Santander and Valladolid, – all of whom will be officially licensed. Furthermore, it will also update the kits and team rosters of many teams within the game. The UEFA Champions League mode will also benefit from the new update, with twelve more teams added to the club list, with proper UEFA Champions League kits and kit markings added. Amongst the teams fully updated within this mode now will be Marseille, Juventus, and Basel."

These are the "changes" I'm talking about..
(bare the CL part though... -.-')

Can anybody confirm if they are present in the PS2 version? :)

Sevilla, Valladolid, Racing, Atl.Madrid are licensed! I can confirm that!

Sadly no online in ps2 version...

Starting eleven are updated

Obinna is in Inter

Last edited:
Another question!
(sorry if I am being a pain the ass..)

If PES's edit mode has reverted back to the good old days (you know.. when one could assign whichever Special Hairstyle you wanted to any player..) I would be very happy :D

Well..
Has it? :)
Or is it just the same as PES2008? :(

Same as 2008. Even the boots issue is still there. 1 type of boot in 9 colours:(

But the game is rather good imho.

what boot?

Lame Konami generic boot. :CRY:

Seriously couldn't they have included a few real boots and some boot layers that actually change the boots like in the old days.

I think the gameplay is a big improvement over 08 just shit that they didn't include boots and a few other goodies, and I'm wondering if the BAL mode is the same as the next gen version. I've only played a few matches so far, so I'm not sure about the international call-ups.

This game is good but could be so much better :RANT:

Anyone know if a patch will fix the boots? Or will it be a 1 type only boot?

hair problem is the most important i think, because it makes all created/updated players to look very fake.

its strange that they did this, because there is no licensing issue in hairs!!!
and still only 1 boot in ps2:(
also why they have champions league license but not use it in ps2???
maybe they sabotage ps2 version to improve ps3 version sales...

i just hope gameplay will be superior than pes6!

I have the game too but i found several DOWNGRADE issues compared with 2008!!!
For. Eg. Where is the FEINT u do when u stop the ball with R2 and then move the player to the opossite side? (called the BOBA) the one where player show the ball and then move it back to his side fooling the opossite player.

And theres lots of other movemments less like the ronaldinho FEINT the same that made messi and Cristiano Rolnaldo usually made by fast double tap on R2... now is a common feint.

Anyone found a way to recover that FEINTS? i noted that R2 button have less power this time.
:(

I am playing it right now! The game is brilliant and a classic pro from the past. Feel free to ask questions...

-Transfers are more up to date than the next gen versions (berbatov in MU, Obinna, Mancini,Quaresma in Inter, Rivaldo and Dellas not in AEK Athens anymore)
-The game is one click slower than pes2008 ps2 version. The difference is very tiny though...Still faster than normal football
-No Champions League
-Become Legend yes
-Many stadiums
-Nike ball in
-Same menus in the beginning like next gen versions, but different (and better) in game when pause
-Same intro

Thats for now...

what abot free slots for recreating bundesliga?

We have free slots to recreate bundesliga.

M8 you can make all these dribbles you say. But the way is changed. You must use only the pad or the right stick. Go to the manual and see...Auto sidestep is still there also

Last edited:
any chance you can post an option file of it??

without any changes??

would be great!

thanks in advance

-No Champions League
-Become Legend yes
-Many stadiums
-Nike ball in
-Same intro

Thats for now...

Tell me how to do it and i will...

I saw there is an option in edit mode, where you can transfer all the data from pes2008 manually (e.g. all names except the licensed ones in pes2009 etc)...

I will check again later about the free slots. I thought i saw a section of teams, in teams selection...

Back
Top Bottom