I have pes2009 ps2 final version!

Fantastic mate.

Hopefully Jay will create another superb patch.

Are the tricks all included this time? I know a few were missing from PES2008 (Next Gen > PS2) and are they still relatively easy to pull off? The Next Gen versions seem to have switched to the D-Pad which is very frustrating, originally.

Top work.

Fantastic mate.

Hopefully Jay will create another superb patch.

Are the tricks all included this time? I know a few were missing from PES2008 (Next Gen > PS2) and are they still relatively easy to pull off? The Next Gen versions seem to have switched to the D-Pad which is very frustrating, originally.

Top work.
Good to see I’m not the only one check out this thread regarding the moves on the D-Pad/Left analogue:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50304
Hopefully the skill system remains untouched in the PS2 version.

Is the mix and match kit selection back? (eg. home shirt, away shorts, home socks etc.) It was on PES6 but disappeared on PES08.

Hi Polakis I would be really grateful if you could post some pictures ect

Could you post some of arsenals faces such as adebayor? and also some edit mode pictures such as hairstyle choices if there any special ones this year to assign to any player

other than that anything will be much appreciated polakis :D

HELLO. ONLINE THIS is ????

250px-Yoda.jpg

I think the champions league mode is available on PS2.. goto cup in the game menu..?

BTW i will also work on an option file once this is released..

Not too fussed about the online.. I have fifa on the psp for that...

I am playing it right now! The game is brilliant and a classic pro from the past. Feel free to ask questions...

Some things i noticed already:

-Transfers are more up to date than the next gen versions (berbatov in MU, Obinna, Mancini,Quaresma in Inter, Rivaldo and Dellas not in AEK Athens anymore)
-The game is one click slower than pes2008 ps2 version. The difference is very tiny though...Still faster than normal football
-No Champions League
-Become Legend yes
-Many stadiums
-Nike ball in
-Same menus in the beginning like next gen versions, but different (and better) in game when pause
-Same intro

Thats for now...

Game is better and more enjoyable than the next gen versions...

man, where did u get it? did konami give it to you? :THINK:

plz, buy the full version when it hits the stores!

is the faces back to how it was on pes6 when they actually looked like the players?
i cant believe that about the boots and hairstyles, bloody ridiculus!

Well it is fun so far :)
You create your player, add 20pts to where you want in your stats, pick where you are going to play, have a match to get scouted, then sign with a club depending on how they rate you.
Once at your club you will start, make the bench, or not get in the squad.
That's pretty much as far as I got, so I'm still learning as well.

I don't know about international callups, or what happens at the end of the season (what clubs come in for you,like ones from other countries).

Not sure what the PS3 version is like to compare.
Not sure if it has anything on wages or training your player in skills, cause I think the PS3 version has that.
I'll check on those things later this evening.
It does have that "just one more game" feeling so far haha.
Really I've just messed around with it.
Created an Italian player, got signed with Torino after my scouting match.
Made the bench a few times, got a few starts.
Highlight so far is when I scored the only goal against Roma.
It's funny you really do feel satisfied when you score or contribute lol.
Sometimes your teammates are frustrating though although I love playing for Torino. I'm playing as a SS, AM at the minute, sometimes they play me at CF. You have to remember you are only 17 so it's difficult, it's easy to get knocked off the ball, but I have made a few good runs and set up my teammates. Usually try to keep it simple and get a lot of touches and keep the ball, although it is difficult.

I am playing on Top Player I'm sure it would be a bit easier on another level, but I always go straight to the top setting. I've been using the normal camera angle instead of BAL camera as I am used to playing in that style. Maybe mix it up down the road.

Overall it is great fun so far, can't wait to get more into it later.
I'm just nervous if the PS2 is the exact version as the PS3 one.

M8 you can make all these dribbles you say. But the way is changed. You must use only the pad or the right stick. Go to the manual and see...Auto sidestep is still there also

Sorry i dont know how to do that FEINTS and find no way to do thats... for eg. can u explain me how i can put my feet over ball the move it to my backside? like showing it and moving it back? in last versions was R2+opossite side (when u was stopped) but now i cant do it in any way :(

I was just looking at some screens from PS3 BAL mode and it is different.
They don't select their stars in the beginning either, they gain them.
And I think the PS3 version does have reserves and training which I don't think the PS2 version does (like I said I need to check it out later) is the PS2 BAL version simply the renamed Fantasista mode from the Winning Eleven games?

It's still fun but a bit disappointing if it doesn't have a lot of features like the next gen BAL mode does, which I don't think it does. Like I said I'll check it out more later as I haven't done much with it yet.
-------------------------
EDIT:
Well I started watching some Fantasista mode vids and that is what BAL mode on PS2 is.
YouTube - JWE2008CC - Fantasista mode 1(sample)

Hopefully it's decent.

Last edited:
I think the champions league mode is available on PS2.. goto cup in the game menu..?

BTW i will also work on an option file once this is released..

Not too fussed about the online.. I have fifa on the psp for that...

100% sure that there is NO Champions League mode for the PS2 version.

Cup option in main menu has the following;

International Cup (National Teams only)
African Cup (National Teams only)
European Cup (National Teams only)
American Cup (National Teams only)
Asia-Oceania Cup (National Teams only)
Konami Cup (allows all teams, National and Clubs).

I'm playing PES 2009 - PS2
A lot of thing better next gen versions:

- France NT has the new team shirt (light blue one)

- Valladolid, Sevilla, Atl. Madrid and Racing are in the game

- Barca has V.Sanchez, Pedro and Gudjohnsen

- We don't have teams in league C, just 2 teams: WE United and PES United

- Shakhtar has Marcelo Moreno

- Man. United has Possebon, R.Silva, F.Silva, Manucho and Berbatov as default

- the teams are updated (Sheva in Milan, D. Milito in Genoa e much more)

- yeah, the Champions is missing

Back
Top Bottom