HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Not personaly but we have the HTC hero at work that i make apps on and one of my workmates has a nexus one. The nexus one is more faster and responsive. The HTC hero is excellent as well but nexus one is better as its a newer device.

You can only install apps on the phone memory and not the flash memory? That needs to be sorted out.

If you root any Android device and install a custom ROM image such as those made by Cyanogen you can chose to either install apps to the built in RAM (128, 256 or 512 depending on the handset) or the MicroSD card.

I have a Nokia N900 and Palm Pre at the moment but I think I shall sell both and get a Nexus One and a new unibody white Macbook.

Cool thats good to know. I have been banging on you lots head how HTC devices are great.

Last edited:
If you root any Android device and install a custom ROM image such as those made by Cyanogen you can chose to either install apps to the built in RAM (128, 256 or 512 depending on the handset) or the MicroSD card.

I have a Nokia N900 and Palm Pre at the moment but I think I shall sell both and get a Nexus One and a new unibody white Macbook.

But that voids your warranty is is unreversible from what I've read.

But that voids your warranty is is unreversible from what I've read.

It does void your warranty as do most hacking procedures such as Jailbreaking on the iPhone but it is reversible. You just flash back to the stock firmware/ROM image and its back to normal. Not that I care. I usually void the warranty within minutes of owning anything! :P

I just ordered the Nexus One from Google.com/phone. The total for the handset, UK charger and DHL shipping came up to only £352 which is pretty damn cheap in my opinion. I just have to offload the Nokia N900 and Palm Pre now as I sure as hell dont need 3 smartphones. Thats just silly! Or maybe I do?! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people I know who got theirs weren't charged any form of customs or duty on it, so im hoping I will be the same.

Andy, I downloaded the Pure Calendar Widget for my Hero and it's really good. Shows the next occurring event, not just if you've got one in today or tomorrow, which is what the default one does. It's really customizable too :)).

Mine started shipping last night, at the moment it's in Cincinnati Hub, OH :LOL:. Will be going straight on eBay once it arrives though.

Mine has just left Cincinnati. You should got yours tomorrow as well mate. :)

Tomorrow!?!?!? I thought it would be like 7 days?

7 days lol! Its sent via DHL International Express so it usually arrives within 48 hours of dispatch. If there are no further delays it should arrive in the UK at around 1/2am, leave customs for delivery by 6am and in your hand by 5pm.

I'm not really missing out because:

1) I don't drive, so GPS would be of no use to me.
2) I very rarely use emails to communicate with people, just IM/text/call, so emails wouldn't matter.
3) I don't use my phone enough for a contract to be worthwhile, and last time I looked 3G/mobile internet is a massive rip-off on PAYG, plus I can't think of a situation where i've needed, or even wanted internet access when i'm out.

I don't really get why having an all-in-one device is so important? The iPod Touch is very slim and it's the perfect size to fit in the pocket, and as I have more than one pocket, I can easily carry more than one device...

But yes, I agree with the last point, with most things you get what you pay for...

I am with you on this you know. I dont do contracts and a real good phone offline or PAYG is a rip off. Dunno how they get away with them prices!

I have a PMP which plays music as good as any phone and offers great Video support. I have no problem carrying a phone and a PMP at the same time. When I was younger and silly I dropped £250 on a Sony Ericsson. I will never do that again!

I just purchased a HTC Diamond II clone which has wi-fi and GPS.. :)

7 days lol! Its sent via DHL International Express so it usually arrives within 48 hours of dispatch. If there are no further delays it should arrive in the UK at around 1/2am, leave customs for delivery by 6am and in your hand by 5pm.

Bloody hell you're right! It arrived at East Midlands at 12:05am today, so i might well get it later today. May as well start the eBay listing then :TU:.

Mine arrived at 9.00 am exactly. Very good service both from DHL and Google. The phone is great. Feels solid, and the screen looks fantastic. The packaging is also very nice. Just going to let it charge now. :)

Mine arrived today but I wasn't in to get it so it's back at DHL in Maidstone! I'll go pick it up tomorrow, no rush for me as I won't be using it.

Nah, as I've said before the Nexus One is very similar to the iPhone so that's not what I want.

Man the Nexus One is one fantastic phone. The screen clarity and its touch input recognition are sublime. Im very happy with it. I just wish I hadnt wasted £1300 on the iPhone 3GS, N900 and Palm Pre. Learned my lesson I think. Thats until the next iPhone comes out! Then I will be at the front door of Apple Store Regent St!

Back
Top Bottom