HTC Mobile Phones Thread

HTC phones are crap? You need to take that fanboy shit somwhere else because if you ever used a htc device, you would know its not crap.

Yes HTC devices are not as fast and slick as a iphone(although the nexus one and HD2 are on par to a iphone imo.) but spending nearly double the amount on a Iphone for just a slightly faster phone with "less" features?

Its like saying the 360 will cost double of what a ps3 costs but offer less features out of the box but is generaly is a better console.

Ditch your 360 then and stick with a ps3 as the 360 is cheap because its shit(by your rogic)

I think my rogic is pretty good to be honest

Right, a question for those who know, (jonney or placebo at a guess :LOL:): Should I updated my HD2 ROM?

The version that came on my phone is 1.43.206.4 which is dated 11/06/2009. I have just downloaded 1.48.405.2 which was released on 01/12/2009.

Is it worth upgrading? Will everything still work? etc etc.

Help appreciated as I know nothing about this!

It's always worth having the latest firmware on any device. They get released for a reason and usually fix a bunch of bugs. The first thing I do when I get a device is check for firmware.

Might fix your jittery keyboard, or at least make it better.

Oh I see, so it's like firmware then. The only reservation I have is that I first went through the official HTC site and on there it asks for your phone serial number before it lets you download the new ROM. I put my serial number in and it said this update wasn't for my phone :ANX:.

Oh I see, so it's like firmware then. The only reservation I have is that I first went through the official HTC site and on there it asks for your phone serial number before it lets you download the new ROM. I put my serial number in and it said this update wasn't for my phone :ANX:.

Mine's Vodafone branded, even though I bought it unlocked, so when I went to the HTC site to try to download the generic WM update it said the same to me, I had to get the vodafone specific version, well I didn't cos I use the EnergyROM rom's instead as they're much nicer :)

This is where you want to go Tim: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531 best all rounds Rom's tend to be the EnergyRom by this guy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=591784

I had a similar problem. Got a t-mobile branded phone but the official rom update won't work. Its because, in my case, T-mobile have to get the rom update and fiddle around with it to include web'n'walk and other useless tmobile shit.
As Placebo says, best to use a different rom for the extra stability and speed etc. I'm currently using the Touch-IT rom which I quite like. More so than the buggy 1.43 stock rom.

There was a new SMS hotfix added on the HTC website today, make sure you install that in addition to the camera hotfix (which may or may not help the pink spot when you use your camera)

Tim, Go to xda forums and install one of the many custom Roms for your device. all you gotta check is the radio rom compatibilities for o2 uk version of the HD2. Like i said before, it maybe different now but make a post their and ask for the absolute minimum requirememnts to get you starting.

By the way, i always update the phones rom as soon as i get it. if it fucks up i will just return it saying its fucked before the 14 days have run out. very unlikely that it will fuck up

Thanks guys, appreciate it :)). I might have a look this afternoon if I get home early.

Those forums are really good, thanks! Looks like the keyboard jitter I get might be a fault with my HD2 and I might need to send it back for a replacement...

Last edited:
Installed: EnergyROM_21885_RHODIUM_14.Jan.2010_StandardM2.5 on mt TP2 last night and it's a really nice improvement, what was already a responsive phone is now quite a bit smoother and more responsive, really running at its peak now IMO :)

I rang O2 about my jittery touchscreen and they said go to the official HTC site and get the updated ROM, he did say that it wasn't approved by O2 yesterday but it has been today so I could go through the official HTC route, however I'm liking the sound of the EnergyROM, so might just go for that and try that.

Well, a new ROM hasn't fixed the touch screen jitters so it's as I thought, a hardware error. Will have to get a new one sent out.

Someone on the O2 Forums about the HD2 said:
The problem is that windows mo 6.5 doesnt support capactive screens (Dual Touch) so HTC has had to redesign the whole software for the phone from scratch. I may say that in 99% of time the software is fantastic, but yes when you start to text this problem appears.

There are no real fixes at present and some phones show it more than others. The 2 htc hd2 ive use, 1 shows the fault and the other one isnt as bad.

There are many work rounds on the web like cabs that decrease the screen and makes touch time longer. These do work, but you do have the problem still.

Until HTC do a replacement software for the phone then this problem wont really be gone if at all.

Oh dear :((. Looks like I'll be investigating other phones, maybe something running android.

How are you finding the HTC Hero, Andy?

Oh dear :((. Looks like I'll be investigating other phones, maybe something running android.

How are you finding the HTC Hero, Andy?
i'm on orange tim, the only problem i'm having is that orangeworld doesn't work, but the rest of the internet works fine so it doesn't really bother me.

And now I'm not sure whether I want it or not! Looking at the videos etc it's very similar to the iPhone, which is what I got bloody bored of!!! Can't cancel my order now but I can send it back when it gets here for a full refund so I might do that, and in the meantime get the HTC Hero instead, which is not as good a phone but it is different with it's layout etc.

To save me posting the Nexus One back to America I'll offer it to anyone for £370?

The Hero's a good phone and with the latest firmware/ROM/whatever is nice and responsive too. I've not got one myself but know a couple of people that have.

Got the HTC Hero tonight and just unlocked it, wow, android is very slick! Definitely happy with it :)).

Back
Top Bottom