Home (PlayStation 3)

It seems as well via investigating around the net, that the majority of people who are having problems had the closed beta, strange. I can just about get past the T&C's then I get an error. Be the traffic and the fact they've just gone up.

Ahh yes, from the PS3 forums, someone who understands it all apparently.

All closed testers installed from the Store.

Tomorrow a Home icon will appear upon the XMB, but not install the initial files.

Upon first launch, they will be installed including the character settings, clothes and Harbour Studio space.

Then 3gb of space will be required to be reserved on the HDD and any subsequent spaces will initially be required to be download on first entry, where talking about 30mb per space.

There WAS an evo-web club but that was in the closed beta and it got deleted. In the open beta it costs £3.99 to set up a new clubhouse.

*2 To be a “Clubhouse” owner, user will need to buy the entitlement to run the club.

Can't see Home being much of a success if everything is going to cost. How long before we have pay-per-play arcade games as well?

I had a right good laugh last night.

Went to Home Square, sat down on the floor, waited for someone to go past then said "spare any change guvna?"

The guy was tken aback by my seated antics, asked how to do it, so I used Point and pointed at someone else. Guy promptly runs over to this random and says "he says you know how to sit down?"

Brilliant.

:LOL:

As good as it is to finally have 'Home', I can see it taking another year or two to actually be of any use.

The 'pay-per-fart' policy is going to alienate many people and its almost going to become like a social hierarchy of the haves and have nots!

Maybe Sony are pushing the boundries of what they can get away charging for - but at the end of the day, PSN is free and Home is free (in its basic form) so I guess there isnt too much room to complain.

I read that too, didn't click the link though, I call BS until Sony respond.

The Watchmen looks great.

Last edited:
Bloody hell, skinflints!! I do wanna use home, but to pay for a CLUB to be opened? All it is is a room when you all meet up, nothing special. Well, this won't go too far if they keep extortionate prices and having to pay for daft things... I still can't even get on it...

I thought the club was a bit more than a place to meet - you'll be able to add pool tables and arcades with club only leaderboards on them etc..

If it turns out it's JUST going to be used as a meet up point for now then we'd be better off meeting in one of our private pads

I logged into my US account today to see the Uncharted and Far Cry 2 game spaces. Quite good. I hope more developers start to make spaces for the game. Also I went into the theatre which was packed with people watching the trailer for the film 'Twilight'. I began to dance in front of the screen and everyone started booing me and saying 'down in front', 'you suck you call that dancing' etc. So I told them all to feck off, that im from the UK and that I own the cinema. I was then called a paedophile. Hilarious. :LOL:

Pay monthly? Is there a link to that?

Either way, they can get stuffed if they think i'm paying monthly to hang around a virtual chatroom.

Back
Top Bottom