Home (PlayStation 3)

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
BETA trial now running

http://www.homebetatrial.com/

Home™ is a real-time 3D, networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces. Home™ will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from the PS3™ system's Home Menu.

1220_0007.jpg

Will this have the only way of viewing achievements? When is it expected now?

yea, this will have the 'trophies' in it - think all developers have to put the code in games now for it.

still no news of a launch - think its pretty close, though some of the beta testers reckon it isnt very good - long load times, chuggy and 2 walking speeds - slow and very slow :(

360 Campaign? oh right because I said if I WANT achievments ill play a 360 game... thats a campaign?

Doesnt sound promising when Home is getting to its FINAL stages and it has some tech problems like slow loading times and choppy movement does it Nick? Come on use your head for once instead of looking for an argument. Entitled to an opinion am I not? I was looking forward to home as much as the next person but it was being WAY to hyped up.

Last edited:
lol

Annoying how many times he's bought 360 into a PS3 thread, it's getting silly now.

FYI Doc despite the slow loading times, Home, along with LittleBigPlanet, is an incredible feat. The slow are in 99% of cases down to people's brodband not being able to keep up with the sheer amounts of data being received. As with all games, this won't be a problem as everyone's broadband gets faster every year.

Last edited:
Nick, go easy on DJ. He's a good lad and just states his case. He's not doing it to piss anyone off, it's just how he is. Mind you, if it wasn't for him, this place would be a hell of a lot more boring and quiet... Just give 'em a break, even if you guys still don't see eye to eye from time to time...

haha :) all this hype about it and it turns out to be utter shite? I think ill stick to the Normal XMB and if I want to get achievments and give myself a pat on the back ill get a 360 game....

Ok let's close this thread and conclude that HOME is utter shite...the gay gaming guru has spoken out...end of debate...and all who does not agree is prejudiced...ah never mind...there are more important things.

At least my wife still loves me ( i think) and my kids are healthy (i hope).

OK...HOME is utter shite...who cares.

PS: "gay" was only for alliteration's sake...and i have nothing against DJ...i was only trying to be sarcastic...peace.

"Home" was/is the app that made me go out and get a PS3 believe it or not when I saw the vids on GamerTV back in the day.

I still think it has the potential to be huge, but we need to start seeing something positive pretty soon...

Forgive my ignorance, but is 'Home' that place that quite literally is a home with garden etc. where you walk about and check out trailers/demos etc?

I did wonder what had happened to that. Is it something you have to buy? Probably not for me, but it looked a nice idea.

Forgive my ignorance, but is 'Home' that place that quite literally is a home with garden etc. where you walk about and check out trailers/demos etc?

I did wonder what had happened to that. Is it something you have to buy? Probably not for me, but it looked a nice idea.

It'll be free, launched from XMB, be a 'social experience' like Second Life - and like Second Life, items can be created and sold etc for real money.

Will include trailers, mini-games (pool, bowling, chess etc), a 'trophy room' (see 360 Achievments) and also your own 'Home' - which you can decorate how you like and use for hanging out and chatting with your PS3 friends, playing your music in etc.

If they can pull it off well, it would be genuinely unique - for a console at least. Last news though was a Q4 release :(

Open Beta is expected reasonably soon tho...

To be fair (to DJ among others) i think this Home thing will never live up the expectations...but i hope i'm wrong...

Back
Top Bottom