Home (PlayStation 3)

Home is pretty good

its all seamless and very quick, there aint much to do at the minute though so you will get bored after you have gone bowling, played pool and played on the arcades

:LOL:

I'd be interested in a copy of this if anyone wants to share theirs out ;)

If I get a code on Thursday I'll share it out. I'm pissed they decided to just scrap the codes this week and email everyone them on Thursday - as if sending 300,000+ emails is not going to fuck up again seeing as sending 200,000 did. Lazy, useless bastards.

If I get a code on Thursday I'll share it out. I'm pissed they decided to just scrap the codes this week and email everyone them on Thursday - as if sending 300,000+ emails is not going to fuck up again seeing as sending 200,000 did. Lazy, useless bastards.

Lol! SCEE are idiots. Anyway I managed to get in the beta since a good friend of mine decided to share it with me. :)

THIS IS SO COOL. I managed to meet Jaygrim by complete coincidence for the first time and we got chatting (about it being a perverts paradise and how were both suited to it lol) and then another evo-web member popped up too. This has great potential without a doubt. Sony must make it mandatory to support HOME for all future PS3 titles and try to patch as many existing titles as possible. It also needs constant content updates but when both of these happens this will hit sky high for sure. :)

Found it pretty shit, I think when they add more content it will be better but right now its just perverts paradise as said above.

I only had a quick go (itching to play COD5) and just ran around my apartment for a bit. Graphics seemed pretty damn good, customisation of the character was good.

I'll go out of the apartment later tonight and see if I bump into any of you :)

Jay and Billy will prob be the blokes hanging around your apartment block, just watch out for them. ;)

The full Open Beta is coming in December though, so it's not long till everyone will be on it.

As it says in the beta document v1.00 is the beginning of HOME's development not the end. At the moment its a bit barren. Not loads of people are on, not many with headsets and there isnt much content or game support but it will eventually grow bigger and bigger in the coming months and years and I look forward to it. :)

Jay and Billy will prob be the blokes hanging around your apartment block, just watch out for them. ;)

The full Open Beta is coming in December though, so it's not long till everyone will be on it.

Ha Ha!! Yeah I will be stalking you out from in between the chess tables. Also doing the running man dance in front of a complete stranger is quite funny! :LMAO:

I won a game of chess last night. Fuck knows how as I haven't played the game for about 15 years. Bowling, pool are good and some of the mini games are decent enough but the rest is boring at the moment. The theatre is crap. You have to load it up and then wait for the trailers to download. I just get bored waiting.
Tarting up an apartment has no interest whatsoever to me (probably still end up doing it though for some strange reason but not paying for items).

Game meeting areas and launching sounds interesting though. Yet to see it work though.

I know! Home was the very reason I brought a PS3 after seeing it on GamerTV must be nearly 2 years ago...

I think we are better off waiting for the official 'beta' launch, as at the moment, it seems a bit hollow. I want to get it when its got some more content in...

wow how did i miss this thread? theirs me thinking no1 in here besides rad is looking forward to Home. anyways im in the beta and been on it since this weekend thanks to loads of people over avf sharing accounts and what not :)

Jeez. I've been hyped for this for well over a year and it seems I'm going to be one of the last in
if only u had checked and read my psn message i sent to u 2 days ago. i was gunna give u an account to download it from

btw: Check this out
[
The first three pictures are at some kind of office in the JP Home, looks like a gaming magazine house or something.

tgs1.jpg

tgs2.jpg

tgs3.jpg

The below ones are from TGS 2008

tgs4.jpg

tgs5.jpg

tgs6.jpg

tgs7.jpg

tgs8.jpg

tgs9.jpg

tgs10.jpg

I must say that the graphics look excellent in each space I visited, the office area looks photo realistic with the stuff on the desk and the video quality was as good as DVD, miles better than the pixalated mess on the EU screens and it load in about 20 seconds of arriving there.

The TGS booth looks really good as well and if they do things like E3, TGS and other gaming events it will be great to walk round those places as they happen.
Also maybe sporting events?, music events? they could do anything really.

In the middle of the show there was a big screen showing game videos again this was really good quality game footage looping, no pixalated videos here.

You could walk right up to PSP's and PS3's with games on that are suposed to be demos but they could easy turn that in to gameplay video footage for us to watch in home.

I really thought home had massive potential but after seeing this I now think even more so.:thumbsup:
Not once did it feel like a pain or a hassle to walk around those areas looking at things and if it was truly up and running it will be great to spend time checking stuff out and discovering new places.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what home can do and I for one can't wait, the only limit home as is in the minds of the developers. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow... that is fucking quality! Just a glimpse of what Home will bring us and I hope it shoves all the nay-sayers words right back down their throats!

Wow... that is fucking quality! Just a glimpse of what Home will bring us and I hope it shoves all the nay-sayers words right back down their throats!
Nothing like a bit of pent-up aggression to start a day, is there? ;)

Still not seeing how it's more entertaining walking around a virtual house for a few minutes to start a game rather than just press a button - does your character occasionally lose discs and spend the day looking for them, before giving up and popping up an error message that says "your character cannot find the game you want to play, would you like to buy a new game from the store instead?"

Same with the snooker/pool mini-games and everything else of the sort, World Championship Snooker 2009 will be along shortly and I don't see the point in playing a half-game, it's like saying you'll play Sensi Soccer instead of FIFA just because it's there. The novelty won't last very long - for me at least, that's all I'm saying. LittleBigPlanet didn't. A fad is a fad no matter how many lines of code it has.

its optional chris ;) your not forced to use Home to launch your game and imo thats not the main reason of Home. Home is a social online network where you can meet new people and interact with them. much like a forum ;)

you cant simply load up a wii or a 360 and search and meet up with people just like that. you have to go into an actual game and then into the games lobby system to interact with unless in the new dashboard theirs are online lobbies and chatrooms?

Back
Top Bottom