GTA V

Finally got online last night. Only managed 30 mins, but some really cool stuff.

Went in to stock up on guns then thought crap, someone might steal my car. Next time in I parked it down an alleyway :)

One thing I'm finding with a lot of games is that I miss a manual. The instruction box that comes up top left is good but I struggle to remember all the tips.

Was in a race last night and picked up a rocket, had no idea how to fire it and in my quest to find the correct button ended up pressing Y and jumping out my car at top speed. Was funny but race over!

It is a click of the left stick btw

Title update for PS3 now on PSN, 360 update to follow at some stage today

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/10/04/gta-v-title-update-2-inbound-for-ps3-xbox-360/

We already had a new patch for GTA 5 a few days ago, where it addressed a series of issues, such as the UI, character’s money going below zero, Epsilon Program missions not working correctly, saved vehicles going missing and much more. However, it was more about allowing players access to Grand Theft Auto Online

What can we expect from GTA V title update 2? Following Patch 1, many gamers were reporting that save files were being erased, weapons were going missing, unresponsive character switching, and not being able to progress within Story Mode.

If we have missed out any problems, then please share them with our readers, thanks.

Found a glitch online with passive mode. Reported it to rockstar.

If you're on foot and go into passive mode it blocks you drawing your weapons or melee attacking.
But if you enter a vehicle you can now shoot and kill.

If you're in PM and fire your weapon when in a vehicle it removes the pm from you BUT you aren't told and it still shows as active in options. So you can then be shot at later and killed and wonder why.

They just need to automatically remove it or block you from shooting when in a vehicle.

I know its only something simple but I never get bored of the punches in this game, they deliver brilliantly!

Last night playing as Trevor I found a street mime artist and gave him one of the best upper cuts I've seen! the sound and how it looked was amazing, excellent entertainment!

Before:

0_0.jpg

After:

0_0.jpg

you the grandparent thing is a bit crap, maybe it is leading to something? maybe you can kidnap peoples families and you have to go and get them back ;))

Had a great team vs team objective mission this morning. We had to go find some dodgy cop, steal his briefcase and take it to somewhere.

Our team of 3 jumped into a car at the start and sped to the location. What's great is you can't see the other team on the map unless they're in your view or they make noise. So the first we see of them is their car flying around a corner ahead of us. We had the jump on them though as they hadn't seen us. We closed in and then opened fire killing them in their car. We then grab the briefcase and all hell breaks loose. The police are after us (2 star rating) and then other team have re spawned now and are gunning for us. The player holding the briefcase is now shown on the map so they know where we are.

They manage to kill us, get the case, the police kill them, we get the case and make a break for it and we manage to get across part of town to near the movie studio. Unfortunately were pinned in under a tunnel by the police and then the other team showed up.
Now picture the iconic scene from the blues brothers with the police cars. A player or ai cop would die, respawn in a vehicle and come smashing into the pileup making the briefcase even harder to reach in the middle. It remained there for about 6 minutes as both teams tried and failed to get close. If the police didn't get you the other players did the moment you grabbed the case and were highlighted on the map.

But then I noticed on re spawning that you don't have any wanted stars. It's only when the police see you with your guns drawn that they start coming for you. So I put my gun away, run around the back of the mayhem where the police are all gathered and casually dart between them towards the case. I leap over a car, land on the briefcase which is immediately picked up, then climb in the car and ram through the police and speed away.

Whoo hoooo

But the I realise the other team know I have the case, they can see me on the map and know where I'm heading.... But worst is I don't know where they are! Just as I'm nearing the drop off point I spot 2 blips on my radar behind me gaining on me. My car is riddled with holes, 1 tyre has blown out and I can't turn corners properly. I only have a turn to the right followed by a turn to the left to complete the drop off so rather than chance shooting back at them I concentrated on driving.
I hit the first right turn and skid out of control into traffic which keeps me on the road. The driver gets out and starts shooting at me as I then creep around the immediate left turn where the drop off is. Just as I'm almost there I hear the sound of two cars smashing into the car I just hit, the ai pes goes flying across the street in front of me and my car is peppered with bullets.
But somehow I survived and kept creeping around the corner and slammed into a wall right by the checkpoint to complete the mission.

Fucking loved it. Though I didn't have it in me to play it again right away as I was invited to do.

I need $8000 to be able to purchase the cheapest safe house now so my crew has somewhere to spawn and hang out.

Love the multiplayer intro

Bet $500 on myself in this first race. Now to see what its all about

Just remembered i aint even got a gold membership so fuck knows how i just did the first race.

I lost as well got fucking rammed on the last corner after leading all the way so finished 2nd.

Ah i see thanks

Didn't know if it was the CPU in the tutorial at the start :)

Great online so far

Last edited:
Everything takes so long to do with missions etc. Not just that but then you start a rally race and your "partner", the driver, decides he actually can't be bothered racing and just plods around wherever he wants.

Pretty annoying.

The cloud servers are bust at the moment so maybe it's just because of that. It should come back when they're fixed

If it asks you to create a temporary character at any point, don't.

The prompt tells you there's no saving but it still overwrites/corrupts your original character.

So are the missions (blue stars) you see online the heists they were talking about or does that come later on?

How does this betting work as well?

A mate was playing and tried to buy a property but the money was in the bank so couldn't afford it but something about a card popped up (i think it was a card) and i have no idea what it was about because he was playing it, anyone know what it is?

Back
Top Bottom