GTA V

I've Broner'd up Frankin!

0_0.jpg

Is there anywhere to buy some gold?

Was that made with a Capture Card? Looks very nice.

Anyone online yet? Downloaded the update but it was only 37 MB. When the game is starting it shows the option to go online by pressing X but I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
There's no way you can accurately predict the necessary amount of network and processing power you would need for such an insane amount of sales brought online. It's so massive that no amount of testing with a much smaller number of people would give you any kind of useful info.

Yep, the scale is so massive that the theory was probably totally wrong compared to the facts.

My networking knowledge is limited, but I know for a fact no "standard" datacenter grade hardware is prepared to deal with so many simultaneous connections, routines and calculations without problems, let alone bandwidth issues.

If all the numbers announced are true, there was never in the story of gaming so many people online on a game on a particular time. Not even close (I googled around and the max I could find, and not confirmed if true, was 500k on WoW. Rockstar made an educated guess of 2 million simultaneous connections, and I bet they were way off).

Online (when it works) sounds awesome.

Read these thought on eurogamer

I had a great time! Once they add heists and other content, this will be really special.

As soon as I was able to free-roam I turned the Passive Mode on. I had a run around for a bit and other players actually just left me alone. I did end up killing myself some how and when I respawned I left Passive Mode off. I saw 2 stationary player blips nearby and went to investigate. As I got there the one player on a bike shot the other one, he then proceeded to shoot me. While respawning I saw in the feed that he had killed someone else. I had myself a griefier.

I then actively sought him out and killed him easily seeing as I was in a jeep and he on a bike. I did this once more and received a request for a 1 v 1 deathmatch, which was great fun actually. What happened next showed the potential to me, I had someone come up to me in the game and I thought I was going to be murdered again and this is what the game will be like... But no, he hooted his car for me to get in, which I did. He drove like a madman to guess who - the same guy I had a tiff with earlier. Clearly I was not the only one seeking revenge. We then chased him around the map and destroyed him and his personal vehicle (you get a fine for doing this btw). It was so much fun that I think even our victim was enjoying himself.

After he left I played a couple of deathmatches which were really fun. Having one life is pretty cool actually.

Then I started getting invites to missions. For example in one our team had to chase after a car with important evidence and stop it before it was able to deliver.

I did a few more missions, and they all have a little cut-scene after them. Very cool and I can't wait for the heists.

Just before bed (way too late) I went to a shop to deposit my earnings, but when I got there I thought I'd do one last job and rob the store. Everything was going fine, but there must've been a cop close by because I was shot in the back of the head while the cashier was filling the bag with money.

Upon respawning, I had another player drive up to me, hoot for me to get in, and took me to a store. Hooted for me to get out, I went inside robbed the place, ran outside and we made our getaway. I gave him 50% of the cash from the job after we stopped. We both got out, he saluted (literally) and we went our separate ways. Not sure if this was a coincidence or if he had seen that I was killed in a store robbery and wanted to help me out.

Back to the ATM, deposited my money and forced myself to stop for the night.

Overall it was awesome and I can't wait to play more this afternoon.

The online is clearly going to be something special. Held up a store and a police car started chasing me, out of nowhere this other fella comes in and rams the side of the police car, kills the policeman and drives off in the other direction.

Been playing online for the past few hours. Still a bugger to join and occasionally disconnects but it worked better than yesterday.

There's not a lot to do yet though. Just races and death match and I think 8 missions where 2 teams try to complete an objective.

Anyone know how to fix crew background emblem? like i've created the image but stuck with a white background for it.

Think I'm going to play it patient and wait a little to play online, sounds a nightmare at the moment!

It is clearly broken :( I managed to get the intro part then it just froze waiting on a session to start.

After all the hullabaloo about how this was going to he a ground breaking online experience!

There's no way you can accurately predict the necessary amount of network and processing power you would need for such an insane amount of sales brought online. It's so massive that no amount of testing with a much smaller number of people would give you any kind of useful info.

Yep, the scale is so massive that the theory was probably totally wrong compared to the facts.

My networking knowledge is limited, but I know for a fact no "standard" datacenter grade hardware is prepared to deal with so many simultaneous connections, routines and calculations without problems, let alone bandwidth issues.

If all the numbers announced are true, there was never in the story of gaming so many people online on a game on a particular time. Not even close (I googled around and the max I could find, and not confirmed if true, was 500k on WoW. Rockstar made an educated guess of 2 million simultaneous connections, and I bet they were way off).
That's what beta are for hehe

Anyone know how to fix crew background emblem? like i've created the image but stuck with a white background for it.

I think when you select colour there's something that just cuts away at whatever you have down. So like a square and then a circle on top will give you a square with a hole in the middle that the t shirt colour will show through.

I can't quite recall how I did it though.

It happens, check in the desert you may have been buried there, or you are swimming with the fishes.

Playing team death match (last man standing rules, 1 life no respawn)

I claimed up some bins and got into a roof and was covering my team below as they ran from cover to cover. In the distance a car comes towards us and everyone opens fire. The car ploughs into 2 of our team killing them, someone then kills the driver causing the car to zoom out of control to the left. It hits a small concrete wall, explodes, flips up into the air and hits me and kills me.

:CONFUSE:

More online goodness

Love that the game automatically puts you into freeroam with your friends. And that when you're doing missions you can invite friends, crew members, similar ranked strangers and a bunch of other options.

Managed to find a friend today (SaintJim) and heard him saying that you can sell cars at Los santos customs (think the limit is 1 per hour) so I did that for an easy £3000. Then got invited into a bike race, came second and got some job points and money. Then did a car retrieve mission online with another friend and finally banked around £8000.

Just trying to save up now for a safe house. You have to use your phone online, money tab, then property and then scroll down the list. Everything is Very expensive :(

More online goodness

Love that the game automatically puts you into freeroam with your friends. And that when you're doing missions you can invite friends, crew members, similar ranked strangers and a bunch of other options.

Managed to find a friend today (SaintJim) and heard him saying that you can sell cars at Los santos customs (think the limit is 1 per hour) so I did that for an easy £3000. Then got invited into a bike race, came second and got some job points and money. Then did a car retrieve mission online with another friend and finally banked around £8000.

Just trying to save up now for a safe house. You have to use your phone online, money tab, then property and then scroll down the list. Everything is Very expensive :(

You're on PS3 arent you Rad? I'll see if you are about later.

Any crews I can join?

My brother fixed that by deleting his character, deleting the game install and patch and then re installing, updating and made a new character. He got in right away then perfectly.

Yeah PS3 Pbb
I've got a crew at another forum but I'm not sure many here would be interested. It's just the 'wrestling legends forum' websites initials as a logo in the style of the old WWF block logo. The ranks are wrestling terms too so lowest is jobber, top rank is legend. If you fancy an invite just let me know. You can be in multiple crew anyway and you gain rank and can other bits faster with crew members so it's up to you.

Last edited:
Think he just did a total removal to make sure it wasn't trying to reload a glitched checkpoint associated with that character

So at what times are you guys most often online (ps3)? Think I would enjoy the online part more than the single player, especially with crew's.

Unlocked Trevor last night - what an introduction!

Also wanted to say that I really like the cover shooting in this game. People probably turn the auto lock on off, but I like it. Allows for some really good and satisfying gun battles as you run and duck behind cover - popping up to get your shots off... it's very fluid. Great example with Trevor at the start of his bit and the trailer park.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom