GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

He the guy you have to chase up to the roof of the flats ?

I'm guessing it might be - and when you get back to the ground floor the cops are everywhere --- from memory i ran for my life erm.. i cant direct you which way to run but i made it down the stairs - took out the cops by throwing a grenade at the bottom - then leaped over the fence and grabbed the first car i found and just burned it

Thats no help at all - not even in the slightest

Failing that - the other way i escape the filth is by running down back alleys to get from one side to another so they dont spot you as easily

-

I just made sure i had armour - loads of grenades to kill everyone from a distance - and the ak47 rifle

Where the hell did you get grenades and an Ak47 so early in the game?! and body armour?!!

I'm not sure actually... you know I only did it 2 days ago and I can't remember already. :SS If you're wanting Molotovs, which are similar to grenades, theres some on that sea front that you walk on with Michelle on the first date. As for AK-47 I aren't sure. Just a bit of advice there for ya.

im not sure - maybe i did other missions... erm i did have them but i can't remember where i got them

MY FUCKING GAME WONT LOAD IT JUST STOPS AT "LOADING - THE COUSINS BELLIC" how long is it supposed to take?!!

tried a few things first i restarted it to see if that would work NOPE! then tried to change my display output to 720P still didn't work, then disabled the internet bang! it works what a load of shit whats the point of the multiplayer if you cant run the game with it turned on

DJ -

Just had a look around those high rise flats, trying to remember what i did and where i got my weapons - I definitely did have the ak47 style gun and grenades - I'm 100% positive because i had to buy loads of 'nades to clear out the floors and save my health - and the ak47 i needed to take people out from far away like when you're on the 2nd floor and there are a few guys in the courtyard below shooting up at you.

I can't think where i got them from though

Either way - if its just the escape you're struggling with - theres nothing really other than keep trying and hope the ai spawn the cops behind you rather than 6 cars at the end of the road you're aiming for

Just got some new clothes for Niko and now he looks like a mafia dude :LOL:

so do u have to meet someone to buy guns off? or u can find them at different locations? theres so much to do

Both. There are gun shops but when you kill guys, you pick up their weapons as well :)

Are we going online tonight? I was playing on single player yesterday but I feel like playing some multiplayer today, just invite me when I am on Live and I will join :).

I will be on tonight mate, we shall see who else is and get summat up and running

Both. There are gun shops but when you kill guys, you pick up their weapons as well :)

cheers for that, but im near the start, only just met jermaine, so there is places i can go and brawl with guys and they have weapons? or we talking bit later on in the game?

Are we going online tonight? I was playing on single player yesterday but I feel like playing some multiplayer today, just invite me when I am on Live and I will join :).

If you use your mic then sure ;))

God, the final mission in the first island is just insane. I really loved it. There's a lot more strategy to shoot-outs this time instead of just running in like Arnie on pills. It was awesome, i had to really think. Gave LJ a bit of covering fire then found a molotov in a corner, KABOOM! Loved it.

Last edited:
I've been busy on here dating girls from the internet, there was this one girl Carmen aka SoHoGirl or something, Christ I gave her a real date. We ended up going to a club and getting drunk, then her and Niko were actually falling over each other, and she was insulting everyone in the club while slurring on the floor. We then proceeded to get into a gorgeous sports car and get chased by the coppers for drunk driving. Fucking hilarious. :lol:

:S still haven't got into this game dunno why it just doesn't feel like previous versions so far? where's your health meter? its clearly gone down the serious root instead of before it was alot more arcadey How are you PS3 guys playing the game online :| whenever im connected to the internet my game wont load but if i turn it off it works? should i leave it off and let it load and then turn it back on once in the game?

where's your health meter?
Look at the map, bottom left of the screen. The green outline on the left side is your health bar, the blue outline on the right side is your body armour (if you have any).

It does tell you this in the tutorial. Kids of today.........

nice moment...
Just had a car backfire as i ran by it at the lights and i shat a brick - that'll teach me to have the volume up so loud lol - i tried to steal it but it wouldnt start and NB started saying 'Come ooonnn start'

Last edited:
Look at the map, bottom left of the screen. The green outline on the left side is your health bar, the blue outline on the right side is your body armour (if you have any).

It does tell you this in the tutorial. Kids of today.........

Cheers JB:-pp finally the game loaded with the net connected, i guess its random when it wants to work or not :SS

EDIT: Just froze up , looks like this may be unplayable if rockstar dont patch it :(

How strange, it's only ever froze for me once, but I do still get the odd PS3 reset when I quit the game. Online seems to be working fine now too, I tried it this morning and my rank and everything was back to how it should be.

I'm playing it on a 19" lcd but when I log on I can't see all the computer screen and am unable to set up dates even when I click a girl's name. Any help would be grateful

Just remembered something that happened and it really impressed me

From memory i was either told to go and meet someone or get something from them - but either way when i got there i ended up having to kill the goons with them and then chase the other guy down

I ended up shooting him in the knee as he ran down the stairs and he ended up falling down then landing at the bottom and dying

Afterwards the guy who sent me started moaning at me for killing the kid - so i don't know if i could have let him live or what

But i was really impressed it let me cut the chase short like that and that shooting limbs works as you'd expect

and what probably doesn't need a spoiler but ill do it anyway

I was driving around with a passenger in the car with me and as i changed the station they said 'now THIS is a song man' - awesome

Last edited:
I had that disable net bug today on PS3 just wouldnt load mission i disabled net works see few had it here seems major bug around.

Hopefully be patch to sort it. :))

I'm going straight to hell

I went into a hospital and kneecapped a pregnant woman that was lying in one of the beds then set her alight with a bunsen burner type device, then as she was being torched alive I took out my baseball bat and gave her a few clubs to the head

Guys I just completed the story, but I'm hoping someone else who has completed the game can help me with something...

MAJOR SPOILER:
Its obvious that there is an alternative ending. Right at the end you have a choice to do a deal with Dimitri, or kill him to get revenge. I chose revenge, but then Kate gets killed and you go after her killer. Now, I was wondering what happens if you choose to do the deal with Dimitri? Anyone choose that?

I'm currently doing all the side missions and finding the pigeons to get to 100%, but might start again if the alternative ending is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going straight to hell

I went into a hospital and kneecapped a pregnant woman that was lying in one of the beds then set her alight with a bunsen burner type device, then as she was being torched alive I took out my baseball bat and gave her a few clubs to the head
That's perfectly fine - as long as she was called Kerry Katona

Guys I just completed the story, but I'm hoping someone else who has completed the game can help me with something...

MAJOR SPOILER:
Its obvious that there is an alternative ending. Right at the end you have a choice to do a deal with Dimitri, or kill him to get revenge. I chose revenge, but then Kate gets killed and you go after her killer. Now, I was wondering what happens if you choose to do the deal with Dimitri? Anyone choose that?

I'm currently doing all the side missions and finding the pigeons to get to 100%, but might start again if the alternative ending is interesting.

I too have finished the game just tonight.

I did the same, I chose revenge and killed Dimitri. Becuase of that Kate dies at the wedding. But I have looked up what happens if you chose the other option. Roman dies at the wedding and apparently Kate refuses to talk to you again because you went against her advice by selecting the "deal" option. So I feel abit better now. I was gutted Kate died :( I knew the wedding would get hit though.

Back
Top Bottom