GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Is shooting someone and not getting caught realistic ;))

for aiming and shooting i just centre my aim and then drive so my car is lined up directly behind the other car or just let the car roll at pace then just concentrate on aiming and not driving

When you say "centre my aim" do you mean moving the aim without having to shoot?

I just wish there was a way to just aim without having to fire.

Thanks for your responses.

Last edited:
Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox360 and LIVE Statistics

The Gamerscore Blog would like to congratulate Rockstar on the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV. GTA sold over 6 million units, and broke the entertainment record with over $500 million in sales.

I got some data from the US team, and I'm here to share that news with you:
* Actual MS sales data from last week shows Xbox 360 console sales at retail went up 54% week-over-week as a result of GTA's success
* According to retailers more than 60% of all GTA games sold in the first week were the Xbox 360 version
* Retailers are telling us that the game is attaching strongly to new console sales, with roughly 40% of new consoles selling with a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV

Regarding Xbox LIVE:
* In the first week, more than 2.3 million people played Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox LIVE
* GTA IV is now the number one played game on Xbox LIVE
* Over the weekend, we saw the Xbox LIVE service reach 1 million concurrent users
* Gamers have unlocked more than 12 million achievements worth over 100 million gamerscore points in GTA
* Grand Theft Auto IV set a new record for time played, with the average gamer spending more than four hours playing the game on LIVE in the first week alone

very impressive

"The average gamer spending more than four hours playing the game on LIVE in the first week alone" - YES!! I'M NOT A NERD!! :D

Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox360 and LIVE Statistics

very impressive

Just absolutely smashing all records.

Sure you've all seen, but GTAiv is the biggest entertainment product ever launched - $500m in its first week - the previous highest movie opening was Pirates...Dead Mans Chest, which took around $170m in its first week.

Just amazing really...

I'm missing all the extra content they really should have added like being able to buy your safe houses - not just magically be awarded them, and modding cars

I've been playing through the game saving my money and doing everything with the ak47 style gun and grenades and now im loaded and have nothing to spend the money on

Sure i could blow it all on ammo and then waste that ammo and then buy more... but that's shit

Ive not even seen any car dealerships where you could buy super cars or anything like that

As good as this game is... it is very basic.

I just mentioned that earlier in the chatbox, it's a shame that you amass so much money and have nothing to do with it. JB confirmed what I thought, in some previous games you could buy clubs etc and it's a shame they missed off that option on this version.

Yeah on vice city stories i think... or maybe it was vice city you could even buy warehouses and run drug buisnesses and stuff through them - and you could buy loads of safe houses and there were also loads of shops

I really hate that there is only 1 place in the entire city that has a darts board as well!

I really feel like they rushed the last few months of this game and put a cap on what they had and its a real shame - the only saving grace is the online modes

If they hadn't included the online modes as good as they did id probably say this GTA was average 7/8 out of 10 --- its just lacking sooooo so much

there are 2 places with dartboards

and yeah money is pointless in this game when you can only buy guns, clothes and ammo

Shit not darts... its pool im thinking of - the one in the bottom right corner of the map is the only place ive found where i can play it

The aim of the game is to do well in life, not rule the city. It says that at the start. If Niko was this drug-lord who runs clubs and is just generally a CJ type character, his personality wouldnt work at all.

Ahhh I must have missed that

Well they could have still put somethings in where you had to spend money - all we have here is ammo, stupidly high ring tones and clothing!

Car modding probably wouldn't fit our NB but they should of let us purchase cars from Brucie or through the car website for racing - or purchase a speedboat or chopper - and buy the safe houses instead of roman buying them or you being given them.

-

Roll on the next GTA then - I prefer the empire style over this simple life

I agree. Needs more extras and why the hell is there only one pool place? surely not?! That pool table is a right mess too. I thought there may be a proper class pool club on the middle island to play in but not seen anything. There just doesn't seem anything to do in it. While that guy a few posts above is right about Niko not being a drug lord, I still wish I could buy a strip club, a pool club, car dealership, hotel? etc It just makes it more interesting. They seem to have replaced these things with the online play. I wish both were available as I don't always feel like playing online.

there is a pool table somewhere else in the game - but i cant for the life of me find a way of playing on it --- unless you can take a date/friend back to that place? Ive never tried doing that.

I also wish we could play bowling darts and pool online!

I tried going into the bowling alley online and there was nothing to allow me to start a game

HELP!
Kill Frank McReary or Derrick?

heres what you get for either choice

Derrick or Francis?

If you kill Derrick:

- Francis gives you the perk to evade any wanted level you have if you call him.

If you kill Francis:

- Derrick gives you two (2) more missions if decide to kill Francis. These will also count to completing Francis's 100% mission completion in your stats.

This one might be a hard choice. Francis does give you a sweet perk though, doesn't he? But you also have to remember that you're nearly done with the game and if you receive 4-6 stars, its because you tried to. Then why would you want to get rid of them? Pointless if you ask me. I chose Derrick and his missions. Still, its your call.

NOTE: If you date Kiki she can do the same thing Francis can, but only for your first 3 stars.

heres what you get for either choice

Derrick or Francis?

If you kill Derrick:

- Francis gives you the perk to evade any wanted level you have if you call him.

If you kill Francis:

- Derrick gives you two (2) more missions if decide to kill Francis. These will also count to completing Francis's 100% mission completion in your stats.

This one might be a hard choice. Francis does give you a sweet perk though, doesn't he? But you also have to remember that you're nearly done with the game and if you receive 4-6 stars, its because you tried to. Then why would you want to get rid of them? Pointless if you ask me. I chose Derrick and his missions. Still, its your call.

NOTE: If you date Kiki she can do the same thing Francis can, but only for your first 3 stars.

I killed Frank in the end, I never liked him anyway.

This game seriously has me by the bollocks at the moment and I can't get enough of it. It's awesome! So many twists/important decisions. Plus the missions aren't generic at all like previous versions, each one has a different approach to it.

I had no idea which one to kill. I didn't like either of them. Ones a snitch and ones a bent copper. I waited so long with my sniper rifle scoped on them that they finished their meeting and walked off. I hadto quickly shoot like a mad man to try and kill one of them. I couldn't see what I was shooting because they were under trees. I hadto go down into the park and see who I killed lol was the cop.

I had a quick thought after id done the mission that i should have used a rocket and blown both of them up and seen what happened - but it had auto saved by then :(

On my second playthrough I will definitely do that :D That's a very good idea.

One magically survives, I'm sure. I did something similar early on, where you're presented with "the choice". I tried to rocket-launched his ass to smithereens, not knowing what was about to happen, but when the rocket touched him I got the choice cut-scene.

That's shit - i was hoping that the cut scenes were weapon specific

Although with the 2 close and the rocket idea... i just assumed you'd fail the mission being told you were only supposed to take one out or it would just kill the one off whose life vanished first or who the rocket hit first

Best game ever except for a few reasons. No in mission checkpoints, scripted chases, the final mission!

I'm stuck on the final mission and am close to tearing my hair out. Have tried beating it about 10-12 times now and am nearly going insane, especially as I beat the other 92 missions quite quickly, never more than two retries. It is soul destroying to work your way through a mission, then happen onto a hard fail point and bang, your back at the very start again. FARRRK!!!!

Best game ever except for a few reasons. No in mission checkpoints, scripted chases, the final mission!

I'm stuck on the final mission and am close to tearing my hair out. Have tried beating it about 10-12 times now and am nearly going insane, especially as I beat the other 92 missions quite quickly, never more than two retries. It is soul destroying to work your way through a mission, then happen onto a hard fail point and bang, your back at the very start again. FARRRK!!!!

If your stuck on the mission at the factory where the mob boss is then all you gotta do is take the motorbike and go up the ramp at the end of the beach. I don't know if this is the mission you are on about but that's the one I hadto do a few times as didn't notice the ramp first time around. I agree though, Mission checkpoints would be nice.

Love the game, favorite mission has to be three leaf clover, its like the scene from Heat AWESOME!!! I kept blowing it on the last mission i went through all the shooting and kept losing him in chopper and had to start all over agin i thing i got it on my 8th go.

I had Point Break flashbacks while doing that mission - it was awesome stuff - i wish we could play that mission online in co op
==
Figured something cool out the other day and thought id share for those in my position

Once you've finished the story and seem to be finding it hard to earn money you can do this ...

I'll spoiler it because i found it out in one of those 'i wonder if' moments so this gives everyone else that chance to find this the same way

Steal one of the security trucks - blow it up somewhere with a bit of flat land around you and pick up all the cash that falls out... then run and try to lose the wanted level it gives you

Last edited:
Oh god i cant remember how much was in... a decent amount of piles of cash fell on the floor but i didn't count what i picked up.

I see the trucks near brucies place a lot - mainly when its night time/early hours

Back
Top Bottom