GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Roadrash :D :lol: Dunno.

I love how many various gametypes there are online for GTA IV.

You can actually recreate roadrash!! :D

no no, not roadrash,forgot the name of it now. the gay thing is. i need to wait til next week to get the game. just reading what everyone is saying about this game is making me soggy. when i put that disc in my xbox, from then onwards, my life is over :DD

yeah i did eventually get a megadrive but only had one game or somethin for it :SS. but i'll tell you what, i can't remember the name of that game but it was one of thee best games ive played. u were some little guy and you just ran about like mario style of game and u could go on some motorcycle im guessin. graphics weren't up to scratch but was hell of fun

Sounds like Alex Kidd. If memory serves there was a version built into the old Master System (who's rival then was the original NES). I think it was the only game my mum ever played :LOL:
Christ, how old do I feel and I'm only 25!

Really loving the shooting in GTA now - once you get used to using the cover, lock on and 'tweak aiming' its absolutely superb.

Some of the shoot-outs I had last night (and I'm still only around 15-20% in the game) - the first big set pieces, one in Mikhails club and the other in the warehouse with Jacob - just superb, ducking behind cover, popping up locked onto someone and then edging the right stick up a touch and 1 shot kill head-shots! :LOL:

Just felt really good - same sort of feeling in the combat now as COD4 or GoW - glad they have sorted it out.

So thats the driving model spot on and the armed combat! Next we need the hand-to-hand sorting please R* :)

I HATED Mikhael's club! I just couldn't find anywhere worthwhile hiding so I just waded in with a shotgun :LOL:

The warehouse was excellent though :D I definately enjoy the shooting mechanisms, tho I find the actual covering to be a bit "sticky" and slow to react.

Was it GoW that thought of the cover system? Or Ghost Recon? Either way, how did we play games without a cover option?

Hand-to-hand is pretty shit I think. Very slow and cumbersome and has reactions a bit like FIFA 08.

I was supposed to join the others in a multiplayer game last night but I was just too addicted to doing the missions :LOL: TOP game! :D

Hmm this Social Club ... I've just signed up and I need to need to fire up GTA 4 on my 360 for it to fully activate then? That seems to be the general gist of the message I get.

Hmm this Social Club ... I've just signed up and I need to need to fire up GTA 4 on my 360 for it to fully activate then? That seems to be the general gist of the message I get.

You go into the website sign in and then go to edit profile. Then in the middle (Underneath where it asks for password) it has Activate Gamertag or something similar. CLick on this and it will link it with your gamertag. Then it should all work :DD

Yep, I've linked my Gamertag but when I go to the main page and click on GTA IV, it says I need to play the game on a system which uses the Social Club system. I'll give it a try tonight I guess.

Yep, I've linked my Gamertag but when I go to the main page and click on GTA IV, it says I need to play the game on a system which uses the Social Club system. I'll give it a try tonight I guess.

Oh right - Yeah I think when you first play the game it connects to it then from then on its fine.

I played on the game straight after I did it so I didn't notice.

Obama spoke on GTAIV, and Eurogamer makes it out to besensasionalist when it's not, it's actually quite a few fair points:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has joined the hoo-haw over GTA IV, saying it'll make "goo-gobs" of money for Rockstar but dumm-kopfs of America's children.

As reported by Rawstory, Obama's comments came during a campaign stop in Indianapolis. He told the crowd, "I was just catching the news this morning about Grand Theft Auto, this video game, which is gonna break all records and make goo-gobs of money for whoever designed it.

"Now, this isn’t intended for kids, although I promise you there are kids who are playing it, but these video games are raising our kids," Obama continued. "Across the board, middle-class, upper-class, working-class kids, they’re spending a huge amount of their time not on their studies, but on entertainment.

"And so part of our job is going to have to be to inspire the entire country to say, ‘How are we giving our kids a thirst for knowledge?’ And turning off the TV set, and getting them to be engaged and interested, like their future really does matter on how well they do in school."

So now America's presidential candidates are getting their policy ideas from Why Don't You?. Oh look, it's him off The Apprentice.

And the Daily Show also featured GTAIV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7mNTnD1Pw

Comedians make a lot more sense than everyone else don't they? :lol:

for the record, i would never ever let a kid under the age of 17 play this game, unless they were extremely mature for there age, like for instance if my kid was a world class footballer make tons of money, LOL, then he can do what the fuck he wants...

for the record, i would never ever let a kid under the age of 17 play this game, unless they were extremely mature for there age, like for instance if my kid was a world class footballer make tons of money, LOL, then he can do what the fuck he wants...

I let my boy have a drive, play darts, pool & bowling.
He was nagging me about it non-stop so I had a play to see what was OK and decided the above was OK for him. I watched him play and never left him on his own with it. I didn't tell him anything about the missions and turned the sound right down so you can hardly hear anything ie. swearing.
In that sense it's basically a driving game where he can just play the side games.
He's had 1 hour in total and I doubt he will ask to play again as his other games are more interesting for him.
I just said to him that it was basically a waste of my money and it's boring. He hasn't mentioned it since.

So basically, his nagging has stopped and I can enjoy it when he's gone to bed. Roll on 10PM (going to watch Ironman first with above mentioned son) so I can carry on with my violence spree!

I know a lot of kids aged 13/14 and under who have got this and are on it 24 hours a day, one was up until 3am playing it last night; the parents just do not give a toss. I know a couple of parents actually believe it's a great method of parenting, you leave your kids to watch South Park, play GTA IV and do whatever they want, that way they'll find out about "real life" and they won't ever have to explain anything embarrassing to them. They're serious believers in letting their kids live how they want and they will defend it to the death. It seems wrong to me that kids of that age and younger are going to watch hookers toss them off and wonder what the hell is going on.

A friend of mine who went to Asda to get it on release night, at midnight, said that about half of the people there were parents with young children, the kids going mental with excitement to get the game and the mums and dads happily forking over £50 for it. I just don't understand, but I'm not a parent so I suppose I can't judge. Perhaps it's jealousy because at that age, A) I wouldn't be taken anywhere at midnight, B) I wouldn't have £50 spent on me very easily and C) if you'd asked me what "wanker" meant I would have thought they were the guys who made Wankers Crisps.

Know exactly what you mean JB - there were a few kid/parent combo's at my ASDA and I'm aghast really.

There is some small hope though - some weeks before GTA came out, I was in Game queing at the counter. The people in front of me were a kid and a mum - I'd say the kid was about 10-12 ish.

The guy at the counter serving (who is a manager no less - and probably around 40ish), then said to the kid "Have you pre-ordered your GTA with us yet?", to which he started freaking out like "oh yeaaaah, can I have it mum, can I, can I etc etc".

To which his mum was like "hmmm... what game is it?" - "Grand Theft Auto 4" and she was like "NO WAY! He is only (i forget) 10 - not until you are 18".

The manager looked (rightly) embarrassed and made his apologies. But I thought fair play to the mum for knowing the sort of game it was and not caving into getting it...

Anyway, I'm off to fuck a ho and knife a cop - I'm legally old enough wahoo!

I know a lot of kids aged 13/14 and under who have got this and are on it 24 hours a day, one was up until 3am playing it last night; the parents just do not give a toss. I know a couple of parents actually believe it's a great method of parenting, you leave your kids to watch South Park, play GTA IV and do whatever they want, that way they'll find out about "real life" and they won't ever have to explain anything embarrassing to them. They're serious believers in letting their kids live how they want and they will defend it to the death. It seems wrong to me that kids of that age and younger are going to watch hookers toss them off and wonder what the hell is going on.

A friend of mine who went to Asda to get it on release night, at midnight, said that about half of the people there were parents with young children, the kids going mental with excitement to get the game and the mums and dads happily forking over £50 for it. I just don't understand, but I'm not a parent so I suppose I can't judge. Perhaps it's jealousy because at that age, A) I wouldn't be taken anywhere at midnight, B) I wouldn't have £50 spent on me very easily and C) if you'd asked me what "wanker" meant I would have thought they were the guys who made Wankers Crisps.

What are the advantages of catching the current crimes and most wanted criminals?

Thats deep mate...very deep.

:BLINK:

Does anyone know if there is a button other than LB for controlling the crosshairs without having to shoot while driving?

Also, I noticed online that some players could lean half their body out the passenger's side window to shoot. Any idea what button to press for this?

online ive found if your a passenger you can hold L2 (i guess left trigger on 360) to aim without firing - and the right side button fires

Walk away to spare Clarence's life or kill him.... which ever 1 I choose im shafted either way as ive got a 2 star rating and the cops home in on me... what the fuck am I supposed to do? how do I get out of it alive?

He the guy you have to chase up to the roof of the flats ?

I'm guessing it might be - and when you get back to the ground floor the cops are everywhere --- from memory i ran for my life erm.. i cant direct you which way to run but i made it down the stairs - took out the cops by throwing a grenade at the bottom - then leaped over the fence and grabbed the first car i found and just burned it

Thats no help at all - not even in the slightest

Failing that - the other way i escape the filth is by running down back alleys to get from one side to another so they dont spot you as easily

-

I just made sure i had armour - loads of grenades to kill everyone from a distance - and the ak47 rifle

He the guy you have to chase up to the roof of the flats ?

I'm guessing it might be - and when you get back to the ground floor the cops are everywhere --- from memory i ran for my life erm.. i cant direct you which way to run but i made it down the stairs - took out the cops by throwing a grenade at the bottom - then leaped over the fence and grabbed the first car i found and just burned it

Thats no help at all - not even in the slightest

Failing that - the other way i escape the filth is by running down back alleys to get from one side to another so they dont spot you as easi

-

I just made sure i had armour - loads of grenades to kill everyone from a distance - and the ak47 rifle
Thats what ill try, where can I get Armour from?

Do they sell it in the gun shops?

I cant think where else i had it but i remember having some because the first few times i tried this mission the nobs on the top floor would shoot me in the back of the head as i ran up the stairs

Back
Top Bottom