"i try"

:LOL:

i have laughed out loud alot of times while playing single player

"whats your name again?"
"big mouth prick"
"Niko!! thats it niko not big moth prick, you a funny guy"
"i try"

:LOL:

My Dad watched the Gametrailers review and they showed that clip, my Dad burst out laughing too :D

Vlad: "That's the last time I let you take a shit from me"

Niko: "What?"

Vlad: "You know, have a mickey with"

Niko: "Er...yes"

Started again when the missus arrived and had to put the subtitles on when Little Jacob emerged. I noticed that from that point on, everything said in Russian (?) is translated into English at the bottom.

Vlad's last words to his friends in the pub:
So I said, why eat cabbages when you can have potatoes?! POTATOES!! AAAHAHAHA!!

I had subtitles on straight away, I heard the Russian and had a feeling it'd be translated.

Anyone else think Mikhail is a cock? And pretty boring? Especially compared to Vlad anyway?

I was walking around Roman's office and there was a blue icon of a person on my radar so I walked up to him and he said this shit about being rich and gave me $100 for free!

I was walking around Roman's office and there was a blue icon of a person on my radar so I walked up to him and he said this shit about being rich and gave me $100 for free!
Yep, same here. Racist bastard gave me $100 for nothing. I'm presuming next time we see him he'll have jobs for us.

there is a few of them about and some tie into things that you hear about in conversations or emails

Yeah I've met 2 of them now who just give me $100 at a time, weirdos. :LOL:

And Niko is a legend, he comes out with some of the most comical stuff I've heard for a long time! Had subtitles on from the start. And does anybody else think there's something funny about Mallorie? I reckon she's up to something.

Hmm yeah, she could be. She asks a lot of questions but when you ask her, she goes quiet. And what the hell was that with all the price tags on her stuff? She's weirrrrrd.

I'll have a look for it. It's just the way they are, not just with each other, but with Niko and Roman. They seem really sneaky. And also, when you date Michele at a bar, she doesn't seem drunk at all, and Niko implies she hasn't touched a drop. You at least drink something when on a date, it's like she was trying to get him drunk for info or something.

Yep, I'm pretty sure both of them are up to something. CONSTANT questions about Roman and dodgy business? HMMM!

Michelle is obviously a cop. The missus knew before she'd said two lines. All she ever says is: "So is he involved with some bad people? What are you doing in America? Nothing else? You're not going to join a gang or anything?"

Don't know about Mallorie but Michelle is obviously there to bust your ass.

That's a good theory actually, a cop. Never thought of that, I assumed she'd be in with these people after Niko from a few years back, but I do like that JB.

Michelle is obviously a cop. The missus knew before she'd said two lines. All she ever says is: "So is he involved with some bad people? What are you doing in America? Nothing else? You're not going to join a gang or anything?"

Don't know about Mallorie but Michelle is obviously there to bust your ass.

But cops don't usually go around Banging the people they are investigating?!!

And believe me she was banging him alright - the buttons nearly popped off my control pad when it was vibrating ;-)

Its going a bit beyond the call of duty that is :DD

Ha ha i stole a guys car and he hung on to the door as i drove away ... i dragged the poor sod as fast as i could until i hit a bump and flew into the air

But cops don't usually go around Banging the people they are investigating?!!

And believe me she was banging him alright - the buttons nearly popped off my control pad when it was vibrating ;-)

Its going a bit beyond the call of duty that is :DD

That would make her an "under cover" copper!

I'll get my coat...

:lmao: Nice work JJ :DD

Guys, I challenge ANYONE to watch the film "Gone in 60 Seconds", and then not want to go and play GTA IV :))

Just some things i noticed from Online play thats sets this apart from any other game

The Graphics
The draw distance, which i dont think exists becuase you can see everything
the Modes
the customization of the modes
all the little details are still there, like windows smashing when you try and shoot out of a car and blood on the bonnet when you run someone over
the radio when playing (for each person)
the radio in the lobby
the radio dipping in sound when someone talks
phoning someone in game for a 1 to 1 chat
phoning someone and and it says busy becuase there in another call

and to top it all you have ZERO yes zero lag in online games even though we had 7 Americans and 7 Brits in a room.

Rockstar i salute you :SAL:

Last edited:
...Rockstar i salute you :TU:

Amen to that.

I know $500m dollars in their first day (or something) will been they probably wont give 2 shits, but games like this make me want to write a letter to R* or something and just say "WELL FUCKING DONE!".

Then I realise thats something a 6 year old would do, and go off and cry at my sad life...

Just some things i noticed from Online play thats sets this apart from any other game

The Graphics
the Modes
all the little details are still there, like windows smashing when you try and shoot out of a car and blood on the bonnet when you run someone over
the radio in the lobby

and to top it all you have ZERO yes zero lag in online games even though we had 7 Americans and 7 Brits in a room.

The only lag I noticed was when I was ontop of a building trying to shoot someone on a motorbike. He zoomed to one place in a second and was a bit jerky.

But that is it!!

It is amazing. Just wandering around and then kicking someones arse anywhere in the city!!! unbelievable!

Well just got game today first impressions not played to much yet hand to hand combat is clumsy but then again might need tme to get used to.

Graphics are overall good i think ye there blur effect in the background but close around you is very nice and game of its scale decent.

Oh and i followed cop car and he braked sharply i smashed into back of him and blues and twos come on he chased me it was like i was wanted for murder or something. Run down alleyway which turned into a deadend and was trapped and they continued to pound bullets in me when was on floor talk about OTT. :LOL:

The Graphics
the Modes
the radio in the lobby

I have noticed more pop-up with regards to cars just turning up in the distance. But it's not often I'm looking that far so it doesn't bother me really.

MS have said they've doubled their servers in the last couple of months to prepare for GTA as they thought it could've been bigger than Halo 3 and CoD4. But playing online last night, with so many people, with all of the detail shown, fast moving gameplay, Americans and Europeans, and VERY VERY VERY little lag .... :EASY: Gotta say well done, amazing achievement.

Oh yeah, and I find hand-to-hand combat a bit slow and sluggish. They played FIFA 08 too much I think ;))

I know Kevano says he isn't sure about the shooting but I find it one of the best elements. Not really used the cover system as much as I should've but just holding the aim button and being able to target parts of the body is quality :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom