GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Guys can you please confirm something for me on the PS3 version of the game.

Is there a split screen multiplayer option? I keep reading conflicting views.

p.s. Just played the 360 version on my mates console. I'm really impressed.

OK thanks guys. Is it possible to have two players playing online at the same time on the one console?? (Split-screen online?)

How do you link up to the Rockstar site with all the stats.

I have joined - but it says I need to merge it with my Gamertag - how the hell do I do it. It doesn't explain it properly......WEll not to me anyway :DD

go into 'edit profile' and it lets you link there - ive only done the ps3 version - but with that it loads a psn login page and after that its all linked

yeah - log in using your details you registered with - then in the top right select edit profile - then scroll down a little and you'll see link gamertag

Just spotted an ad on the tv and lol... i like that they used... you know... the cowboy advert and i think with the nascar type as they used... you know... brilliant

Last edited:
I altered the brightness and contrast, turned off auto-aiming and then remembered Rockstar (thank fuck) had added a classic control scheme. That is the biggest difference, the buttons.

Then I discovered the cheats.

Didn't really want to cheat first time around, but I was desperate, considering taking it back tomorrow, etc.

Now its GTA again.

The rockets, and the explosions because of them, are fucking amazing.

I love it finally.

EDIT = cannot connect to any game in multiplayer though. Do I have to do something out of the game?

Just to warn people - if you use the cheats then certain parts of the game will be blocked. Not sure what they are - Might be Achievments or actual missions?

'One man Army' and 'Walk Free' get blocked if you use the annhilator For example. They sound like missions to me?

Anyway just thought I would tell you.

Just found out another great little feature

in multiplayer if you bring up your phonebook you can call someone so there phone rings and its just a 1 to 1 chat :))

not sure if you can ring the opposition but it would be awesome if you could

Had a little go yesterday before and after the football (well, about 2 and a half hours in total).

Noticed a few little (good) things.

I was walking down the street to Roman's "office" for the first time, and locked onto some bloke leaning against a wall. Didn't attack him, just stared at him - after a few seconds Niko grabbed his cojones, then ignored him.
Then took Michelle bowling on the first date. If you've been, have you paid attention to the bowling sign? It's 2 balls & a tenpin strategically placed... When we finished that and were walking back to the car some bloke answered his mobile in a numpty accent "Hellooooooo Darling!"

A bit later I took her to the Cabaret Club (Roman was too busy to go to a strip club :blush:). Then took Michelle home, and "tried my luck" (the A button). Cue a view of her place, with a vibrating pad, and the Warm Coffee achievement unlocked.

Is it just me, or do you have suspicions about Michelle? :THINK:
I think she's a copper:
- She asks too many questions about Roman and his dodgy dealings.
- She won't say what her job is, and that she doesn't know many people in Liberty City.
- Everything in her apartment is new. When Niko asks her about it she changes the subject.

JB: When you said about the 1st job for Vlad (the window smashing one), did you see a green dot on your HUD? That leads you around the block where there are some loose bricks that you can pick up. :))

Can't wait to go home and play some more! Stuck at work now :MAD:
Might even give the MP a go tonight...

Playing cops n crooks last night and was following the boss in a car, we both went off a ramp, they missed and landed in water, I made it to the other side, turned around and flew off the edge and landed almost squarley on a team mates head.

Pure genius.

Best game ever.

Really odd, but one of my fave GTA moments ever happened today and its nothing like people would expect (i guess!)

Nobody would answer their phone and it was late night and I had nothing to do (cannot find any prozzies yet! :LOL:), so I called up for a taxi job.

The job was over on the little island to the north (Bronx?), anyway, I took the job and drove over there, it was quite a way from Dukes and I just stuck to the road laws. Didnt try and crash, stuck to the traffic light laws, beeped when people turned into me etc - even paid my tolls.

Was really enjoying the ride - the city looks beautiful at night and as I crossed the bridge (which itself looks great all lit up), I kept switching to the dynamic cinema view. Had the 'ambient' station on (think it was Aphex Twin), and was just chillin'

Picked the guy up, dropped him off and noticed it was round the corner from a burger place. Went and grabbed a burger, then drove back home the same way!

So, not exciting at all really, but when I'd finished I thought "i bloody enjoyed that" :D I think with respect, in older GTA games, that sort of thing was really boring, but with everything in IV, just makes it awesome.

Just loving this game...

Yeah I did the same, I did 7 taxi fares in a row and really enjoyed it, the driving model is really good, plus the roads seem wider (or maybe it's slightly less traffic?) which means you can actually drive long distances without crashing once as long as you don't go crazy, I don't ever remember driving crash free in previous GTAs for anything over half a mile or so......

Yeah I did the same, I did 7 taxi fares in a row and really enjoyed it, the driving model is really good, plus the roads seem wider (or maybe it's slightly less traffic?) which means you can actually drive long distances without crashing once as long as you don't go crazy, I don't ever remember driving crash free in previous GTAs for anything over half a mile or so......

Yea, not understanding people saying the driving sucks. Personally think its spot on - how people can think you can drive 90mph down a road and then turn 90-degrees left, without slowing down are mental...

I love the fact the driving model is (more) realistic and slowing down for corners is more fun as it gives you a more realistic and controlled experience. Then once you get the hang of handbrake sliding round corners, wacking on a load of opposite lock and then accelerating out of the turn into a straight line - well, its just amazing!

Got to agree, the driving model is spot on. Took a LOT of getting used to but I'm far better at driving now :)

The online races we had last night were sheer brilliance. Better driving game than Burnout Paradise :D

Got to agree, the driving model is spot on. Took a LOT of getting used to but I'm far better at driving now :)

The online races we had last night were sheer brilliance. Better driving game than Burnout Paradise :D

Funny you should say that - I hated Burnout Paradise and playing GTA last night my exact thought was "this is the game Burnout Paradise should have been" (in respect of the driving model). :LOL:

I said that last night GTA is like 6 games roles into one

we have some awesome races last night

you can select every car/heli/boat thats in the game, that itself is unbelievable

we had a race in Mr Whippys Ice Cream van :LOL:

How great was my idea on Cops n Crooks to swim straight across the water from the very start :LOL:

The second time it happened, when we all went for a swim, was one of the funniest moments I've had in games. Turning my camera and seeing a hoarde of orange-suited crooks all swimming away in a pack cracked me up :lmao:

haha yeah there were 6 of us i think all swimming across

if one of the Cops had a chopper and saw us and took a photo that would have been one of the best pictures i have ever seen

Dont think anyone has touched on this yet, but how good is the script and voice acting?!

Roman just cracks me up - one of the funniest game characters ever!

Some of his parts genuinely have made me laugh out loud... like:-

When he is hiding in the dumpster near the start - funny when Niko says "you fucking smell like cabbage!"

And a bit after that when

They are held in the basement and the baddies have to gag Roman as he keeps screaming - then when Niko asks them to untie him, he just starts screaming like a girl

Very cleverly done... like the usual pastiches too - like

"72" the secret agent show - or "Real Crime Investigations", described as 'foresically boring' :LOL:

Grrrrrrrrrreat game!

haha yeah there were 6 of us i think all swimming across

if one of the Cops had a chopper and saw us and took a photo that would have been one of the best pictures i have ever seen

Can you get a picture phone (or camera) to take shots?

Roman grinds on me a bit, he's just a bit over the top.

Nico's one-liners are brilliant though, one of the funniest characters ever.

And Little Jacob is IMPOSSIBLE to understand! The bit where you go to Jacob's house and his mate is there who talks ridiculously fast made me laugh. Just the clueless expressions and silence from Nico had me pissing myself :LOL:

Roman grinds on me a bit, he's just a bit over the top.

Nico's one-liners are brilliant though, one of the funniest characters ever.

And Little Jacob is IMPOSSIBLE to understand! The bit where you go to Jacob's house and his mate is there who talks ridiculously fast made me laugh. Just the clueless expressions and silence from Nico had me pissing myself :LOL:

Ha! yea, like it when you are driving Jacob anyway... Niko is like

".... errrm... yeees, yeees I agree...."

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom