Gran Turismo 5

Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

I don't think they have damage due to licensing issues. Don't think they will get sorted in GT5.

licensing issues is a very very lame excuse for a company like sony, microsoft has licenses for all the big ones (excluding ferrari) and put in a very solid damage model into forza 2.

licensing issues is a very very lame excuse for a company like sony, microsoft has licenses for all the big ones (excluding ferrari) and put in a very solid damage model into forza 2.

The thing is that the director of GT5 want realist dmg if they implant it, even if Forza2 dmg is nice, you cant' say it's really realistic, you have always teh same stuff that goes off but some other stuff never broke or torn.

That beeing said, Kazunori Yamauchi said that the dmg may come in DLC pack for GT5.
I jsut hope that we'll have D1 cars in GT5 since Gran Turismo is sponsoring D1 and there was drift cars in GT:HD

I thought they came out and said a long time ago that GT5 will have damage? They've now backtracked or just gone quiet on the subject?

Na they said the damage wont be present at the release but said that it could posibily come as a DLC later on.

Lets face it, PD wont ever do damage.... they would have to do a model for each of the hundreds of cars that they have in game so unless they do it WHEN they insert the cars into the game 1 by 1 they wont ever be able to do it.

Lets face it, PD wont ever do damage.... they would have to do a model for each of the hundreds of cars that they have in game so unless they do it WHEN they insert the cars into the game 1 by 1 they wont ever be able to do it.

You dotn know really, they may have some people working at it but didnt find the good solution. Dlc can make a lot of things happen if handle right. I guess the sucess of the game is a part too. Personnaly I dont believe neither that dmg will be in GT.

After a few weeks a normal LCD TV. I've switched back to a HDTV, and woah-my god. It looks beautiful. Finally I can notice the difference!

Still loving playing it, and like I've said before, if Forza is more realistic, then bully for that, I really enjoy this.

After a few weeks a normal LCD TV. I've switched back to a HDTV, and woah-my god. It looks beautiful. Finally I can notice the difference!

Still loving playing it, and like I've said before, if Forza is more realistic, then bully for that, I really enjoy this.

Yup GT5 P is excellent fun. I agree that Forza2 is more realistic but I just feel it is too sterile an experience for me.
Funny, bit like the difference between FIFA and the PES franchise. (but PES2008 is a bit wank tbh!)

Maybe it's like Fifa and PES but in this case, Forza is PES and Fifa is GT.

GT is more arcade then Forza sadly. There is so many things missing in GT5, like penalty when you cut turns, dmg, AI (even if the AI is supposed to be better in GT5 I stil found it bader than the Forza AI.

As for Fifa VS PES2008, I still prefer PES2008 (I own both) I think it's still more playable. I miss the good game mode of Fifa tho, but for that I can pop up my latest version of WE and play fantasista or world tour :D

If you want an arcade soccer game, try the latest Virtua Soccer :D There you'll have arcade play. I dont believe PES2008 is too arcade on PS3. There is some big mistake and stuff but overall I dotn think it's that bad. Online is unplayable tho.

Kimky.. I Played Sega World Wide Soccer the other day.. the 1 which was originally on SEGA Saturn and it plays similar to PES 2008... yet World Wide Soccer is a game from 1997.... PES is from 2007.

GT5 Prologue new screenshots + new trailer

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A00000631381/
http://ps3.qj.net/Gran-Turismo-5-Prologue-VGA-trailer/pg/49/aid/109431

ME0000907721_2.jpg

Last edited:

39/40 in Famitsu and damage is in the game.

Actual Decent Damage? hmmm I wonder.... Apparently they werent going to do damage for GT5?

Next it will be the handling and driving physics that will be overhauled :) Famitsu just love PS3 and GT5 dont they?

It was described as 'realistic damage', I cant give a link, I'm on the PS3 browser.

Them screenies do look amazing graphically. But the thing is the gameplay will be the same as ever.... if they could produce a game that played as amazing as them shots look id be won over!

Have you played the demo from the JP store?

It's not a radical change, but its far, far better.

damage - screenshots to prove please. sounds like hyping atm. (not by you, but by famitsu. i just don't trust them.)

Didnt play the Demo as I couldnt be arsed to create a Jap account and do it. HOWEVER from other people who like me love realism, they say that its the same shit just better graphics.. as it has been since GT3!

na Q1 next year for GT5 Prologue.

I would bet on a date on march just after Geneva Motor show is unveiled. Also I'm pretty sure euro will get additional car like we always have.

Remind this : Mid-march 2008.

Back
Top Bottom