Gran Turismo 5

Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

I thought they weren't allowed to put damage in the game? Apparantly car companies didn't want their cars being "roughed up". That's what I remember anyway.

I can't play any racing game that does not have damage... what is this Pole Position..

used to have that game on my Commodore 64- superb in its day!! :applause:

agree about the lack of damage in GT.

Never liked any of the Gran Turismos. I remember looking forward to 3 when I bought my PS2 and put it in, loaded it up and thought "What the hell is all the fuss about?!".

The PSOne GT's were amazing, I still love playing GT1.

Didn't mind GT3 at all, GT4 got boring fast, but I'm still a huge fan, so I'll be picking up 5.

They never developed it further from the ps1 release. I really liked gt1 on the psx but 3 just bored the pants off of me. There wasnt anything different besides a graphics update. This is looking the same to me.

Well if you cna't see difference other than graphic from gt1 to gt3 then I dunno. Had to agree that GT4 was sucky.

I dont mind the lack of dmg really, I was used to it in forza and sure sometimes it sucks when people play demolition derby but if you use lower class, most of the race are really cool. I really loved the ONline race at suzuka with low power class like alpha 147 suzuki swift and stuff. I really had a lot of fun there and even if you got taken out you can still keep up.

What about the AI Cars driving like a bunch of Drones though? not even bothering to defend their position? Whats you view on that? Also the stupid collisions where the CPU cars Bounce a mile off of you?

What about the AI Cars driving like a bunch of Drones though? not even bothering to defend their position? Whats you view on that? Also the stupid collisions where the CPU cars Bounce a mile off of you?

Dave, you should really just steer clear of this thread...;)

On Psone it was a new expirience the best game was GT1 finnish all and play the some stages in 60FPS modus, this was great, now it get boring, to much good copys with more fun are out!!! Also this prologue shit gets boring! Konami has to do this with PES2008 they have to call it PES2009 Prologue!

Why? all im doing is asking Kimky's opinion on things that EVERYONE has noticed.... ? Im not having a go at anybody or baiting of flaming so whats the problem?

True, but its not constructive. People like GT because people like GT. I recognise it has flaws, but it does annoy me when every post you make in this thread and anyone else to do with GT has negative connotations.

I was talking about online experience, so there isnt any AI driver and when there is AI, like for career mode for example, all you have to do is overtake them, normaly, if you know how to drive your car, comp car wont overtake you.

You saying that AI sucks, but thee isnt a single game on console where car avoid you all the time. I played nearly all console racing game and I can tell you that you wont find the AI you're talking about. So yeah I enjoy racing game on console even if the AI isnt playing like a real driver. Also most of new game got online and you know what, when you play some online game, you realize that the crappy AI isnt bad compares to some fucker who have only one joy is to bump you out of the track (and dont say because there is no dmg because it happen in forza2 too even when you put collission on maximum). So yeah, if you dont like console racing, just go on real racetrack do your race but I dont have the money for that and I'm actually enjoying racing on console. Kthxbye

@Matherto why isnt it constructive? all im doing is asking a question to see what peoples response will be....

@Kimky in both Forza's 1 and 2 I have seen the CPU be VERY agressive when ive tried to over take, blocking their lines nicely and also forcing me offline and giving me a hard time..... dont know what level your playing the game on if you say they dont do this and that you drive so well that you never have to worry about them.....

Also NO there isnt bumper car physics in Forza either.....

Anywayz my last post on this game. Enjoy GT5

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue will be updated for the European and North American versions.

Additional game features included in the PAL and NA versions (above what was in the Japanese release)

2 Player Battle - split screen mode
Vehicle Tuning
Drift Trial mode
New Event Structure
Additional track with 2 layouts - High Speed Ring
Over 30 additional cars- Now over 70 in total
Track Guide Videos
AI Difficulty setting - Adjust the difficulty of the competitor cars you race
Driving line - to help you take the best lines around the tracks
New Opening Movie

Glad I pre-ordered it from Play.com for only £17.99. Set for release on 28th March 2008.
:)

I can take there being no damage, sure it sucks, but they NEED to update the computer controlled cars AI, GT3 & 4 had shocking AI, didn't try and over take you, just rammed you like you weren't there, if they can create half decent intelligent racing, slip-streaming, out breaking etc. of computer controlled cars, then we're getting somewhere.

Oh, and really really looking forward to driving the Ferrari F40 :D:D

My earlier post still stands no damage no buy for me... Whats the point.. the game can be fantastic, but without damage I can't see why you would play it. It's like having the best football game you could think of and then not have any goals.

I think I could be tempted to buy it, particularly as it's only £18.

OK, it doesn't have damage but I wouldn't regard that as an instant terminal blow. If the physics is genuinely any good (which I doubt it will, to be honest) and if they can achieve a sense of speed, then the gorgeous gfx, lovely cockpit view and on-line play with 16 cars could be worth £18.

It's not going to be anywhere near as good as the best PC racing sims but I need to find a second game to play on my lonely PS3 other than FIFA08.

I downloaded the free GT on PSN the other day and I was blown away. I couldn't believe... How utterly shite it plays. Blow on the stick slightly and the car veers off like it's been hit by a ten-ton truck. Truly awful - what confuses me is that I played Gran Turismo from 1 to 4 and I loved it.

I don't know if playing Forza on the Xbox has made me expect a more realistic-handling game or whether it's just a load of crap now, perhaps it's even the pad, but I'm suspecting it's Forza being a lot better of a game. Honest to God, I couldn't believe it when I tried it. Still can't.

I downloaded the free GT on PSN the other day and I was blown away. I couldn't believe... How utterly shite it plays. Blow on the stick slightly and the car veers off like it's been hit by a ten-ton truck. Truly awful - what confuses me is that I played Gran Turismo from 1 to 4 and I loved it.

I don't know if playing Forza on the Xbox has made me expect a more realistic-handling game or whether it's just a load of crap now, perhaps it's even the pad, but I'm suspecting it's Forza being a lot better of a game. Honest to God, I couldn't believe it when I tried it. Still can't.

In fairness, the free GT on the PS3 network is pretty old now so I expect GT5 prologue to be much better- certainly looks it graphically.

i think its one of the big Japanese car companies fault that we have no damage .... nearly every other company has had their cars in games with damage

Na forza have a lot of car company with dmg. I just dont know why they didnt implant it but I guess the car company dont want is wrong, or maybe it's the way Polyphony digital want to implant dmg, like some car are more resistant than other etc..

As for GT demo, it's gt4 with HD graphic on a GT5 track nothing else, so if you like gt4, you should like the gt demo. GT5: Prologue is better but if you played forza a lot you wont like it that much, forza is way better I think in term of simulating driving.

Back
Top Bottom