Gran Turismo 5

Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

My bad, I was referring to GT5.

Just watched the london vid on gametrailers (the one above) It looks great,..... till the first corner where the just bounce off of each other :( Shame as at some points you could say they are getting near photorealistic reproduction.

Those skidding noises are annoying!

should get my copy of prologue tomorrow or right after christmas hopefully.

what ???

Well I'm in switzerland and can get my ps3 stuff without problem <.<

Maybe it's specialy for Euro country.

Anyway here's another site where oyu can order directly from japan :

www.benippon.com

Enjoy :D

Just to let you know I'm downloading my copy right now, can't wait :D

Benippon worked great for me.

Merry Christmas :D

Yeah well I'm always late, not really the christmas guy :P

As for my review :

I played the game a bit, racetrack are kinda coool, I dont like london cause there's some ugly pixel coming into my screen to make it like it was darker. Dunno if it's my screen or a programming mistake but it kidna sucks in cockpit view. Other than that tracks looks great overall, as for the few cars I've tested yet, I must say I'm a bit disapointed with teh physic. You dont really feel if the car is FF or RR or AWD compares to Forza2 you can really feel the difference. I still like it offline but evetn mode get boring quite soon cause you have to race the same race again and again because there is certain car that you need to get to clear the rank and those car cost money so you have to repeat the same course multiple time. Also not to mention that the Ai is really easy on Race event but when you do Time Trial event it becomes hells, Gold is impossible to get with pad and would be really hard with wheel.

As for the online part it is destruction derby atm, they added penalty if oyu take shortcut but overall most driver like to smash your car. There's a lot more lag than forza 2 also the system is kinda bad. You choose a event type, let's say a race for the evo X car class, it's on a set racetrack and you can't change it, after you're taken to a connecting screen where apparently it search for opponent, when it found them (approximately 2mn each time) they connect you to the loading screen, you wait again 30 mn then you race 5 mn and repeat. Actualyl when I tried that yesterday I really feel like I was passing more time in the lobby waiting for a race tahn racing.

Overall I think this copy is not really impressing, lacking some event and some fun maybe.

Yeah well I'm always late, not really the christmas guy :P

As for my review :

I played the game a bit, racetrack are kinda coool, I dont like london cause there's some ugly pixel coming into my screen to make it like it was darker. Dunno if it's my screen or a programming mistake but it kidna sucks in cockpit view. Other than that tracks looks great overall, as for the few cars I've tested yet, I must say I'm a bit disapointed with teh physic. You dont really feel if the car is FF or RR or AWD compares to Forza2 you can really feel the difference. I still like it offline but evetn mode get boring quite soon cause you have to race the same race again and again because there is certain car that you need to get to clear the rank and those car cost money so you have to repeat the same course multiple time. Also not to mention that the Ai is really easy on Race event but when you do Time Trial event it becomes hells, Gold is impossible to get with pad and would be really hard with wheel.

As for the online part it is destruction derby atm, they added penalty if oyu take shortcut but overall most driver like to smash your car. There's a lot more lag than forza 2 also the system is kinda bad. You choose a event type, let's say a race for the evo X car class, it's on a set racetrack and you can't change it, after you're taken to a connecting screen where apparently it search for opponent, when it found them (approximately 2mn each time) they connect you to the loading screen, you wait again 30 mn then you race 5 mn and repeat. Actualyl when I tried that yesterday I really feel like I was passing more time in the lobby waiting for a race tahn racing.

Overall I think this copy is not really impressing, lacking some event and some fun maybe.

Your in Europe everyone else is i Japan thats part of the issue.

The game is a beta test for the full online model. So it can only get better.

The game may not be out until march 2009 anyway.

how is the A.I? do they move around you are just bump into the back of your car like in GT4.

This game bombed in Japan by the way!

Sony have only released sales figures for DL games once, that was at Leipzig.

Sony have only released sales figures for DL games once, that was at Leipzig.

Fair do's so any sales numbers of the blu raydisc alone is irrelevant as its a download as well.

The AI is still Polyphoniesc <.< Bounce you on the back but overall it's a bit better. online is quite fun too they added new event now and it's quite fun, people are still ramming, but once you get out of the pack you can have a good race if you find a worthy opponent.

Fair do's so any sales numbers of the blu raydisc alone is irrelevant as its a download as well.

I read that Sony only predicted 50k downloads in its lifetime though so it is not really gonna effect the numbers. online gaming in Japan has not taken off yet.

i dont get it, why cant they put damage in the game? cant be THAT hard. and it would make it so much better.

Back
Top Bottom