Gran Turismo 5

Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Try the different mode, its a bit different, change the tyres to normal, or sport instead of racing.

It's different from GT4, but it still feels similar. I like it, just hate the tyre sounds.

GT5 Prologue Demo = Arcade Crap

Mario-Kart has more realistic physics.

AI is pathetic.

Right then, I'm starting to love this. I don't care whether it's more/less realistic than Forza because I like it far more. Feels great flying through 130R at the end of the back straight.

I want to gun it at the followthrough and nearly lose it at gambon

dammit

GT5 Prologue Demo = Arcade Crap

Mario-Kart has more realistic physics.

AI is pathetic.

Thanks for that. Can't say I am suprised mate. PD honestly do not understand what make a realistic simulation driving game. all they care about is how the cars look and how you can drive 500+ cars.

Thanks for that. Can't say I am suprised mate. PD honestly do not understand what make a realistic simulation driving game. all they care about is how the cars look and how you can drive 500+ cars.
The thing is mate to some people thats good enough :) they dont want realistic physics or crash damage. They like Hurtling into walls at 200 + MPH and also hitting DUMB ASS AI CPU cars out of the way and watch as they dont try and defend their positions!

or when the A.I. continue to bump into you instead of going around you as they follow the scripted racing line. :)

when is the demo out in the uk?

any also the prologue game?

Looking forward to it. thx

Currently downloading the demo.

No date for the UK, game is due before xmas.

Japan.

I'll play it later tonight n give my impressions.

I have played the demo once and must say I was impressed. The visuals are stunning. You get to race on Suzuka and there are 16 cars in the race! I can't really comment on the AI after just a short go on it but just wanted to say how impressed I was with it.

I think you have to create your accounts thru your PS3.

This is one of those games that does what FIFA does to me every year (whether it's good or crap) - I see the graphics and think "it's worth a go, surely, how can I not play this game when it looks so incredibly good"... Even though I love Forza 2 and PGR4, and I doubt it's better than those.

Thank God I don't have a PS3 and I can't do anything about my desire for delicious looking but crappy games. I've been offered a PS3 for Christmas but honestly I think I'll end up asking for 5/6 360 games instead.

Last edited:

No, you won't. :ram:

I downloaded the demo last week and played it for 20 seconds. I started the race but I really wasn't feeling like racing. I'll give it another shot today.

Anyway, though the visuals look stunning, everything else is pretty much the same. Same old GT.

Gran Turismo 5 online features summarized, B-Spec racing returns

Indeed, details about Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo 5 are many and varied, from confirmed cars to GT-TV features, and other general tidbits to make the racers go ga-ga. One of the functions that a lot of you might be waiting to try out is GT5's online mode.

Today we have a picture from the Gran Turismo Korea website, showing a list of features that PS3-exclusive GT5 will support online. Now some of these have been confirmed before (e.g. Voice Chat, Photo Album, etc.), but to see them all in summary, here's what we can expect.

Some of them are self-explanatory and can lead you to draw your own substantial assumptions. However, some other features* leave us scratching our heads. Google translations don't help either, so hopefully someone out there can help us all out. Just click on the screenshot above to get a more readable view.

*Just in case you were wondering, B-Spec racing is a feature implemented back in GT4. As Yang 2nd kindly points out in the comments section, "B-Spec mode is coaching mode. You set up the car then give orders on how the AI driver is to drive and when to overtake or pit."

Thanks Yang 2nd!

granturismoonline.jpg

http://ps3.qj.net/Gran-Turismo-5-online-features-summarized-B-Spec-racing-returns/pg/49/aid/106237

Is it GT that has no damage to the cars....... Not a big driving game fan as I used to play split screen with a mate, but with the new titles your limited to head to heads or no split at all. It seems the more powerful the systems get the less options they give you?

Old GT had no damage but GT5 is supposed to have damage?

"B-Spec mode is coaching mode. You set up the car then give orders on how the AI driver is to drive and when to overtake or pit."

Wow, that sounds absolutely thrilling......

Back
Top Bottom